Is the Carbon Fiber package worth it?

Actual interior photos of the level 2 “cheap” interior 😂 I also didn’t pay for the high end $3,000 sticker package 😂 😂 To each their own on what they want to invest in. You gotta look at that passenger side dash EVERY day. If the plastic makes you sad and somehow ruins your day, order the CF.

I love carbon fiber, my M3 is loaded with it including a full cf roof, front splitters, spoiler, and all the interior kit. Great stuff.
I probably would have ordered it with the TRX if my current truck didn't come available--without the cf kit. I must say, the interior WITHOUT the cf is awesome! Very stylish and high end; full-featured--best combo of rugged and supercar I've experienced. Don't even miss the woulda, coulda, shoulda CF package. If anyone ordered their truck and regets not adding the CF Package, do not fret. Without the red piping or CF, the interior of the TRX is incredible, smells even better!

Having said that....a slight reminder @RobR651. Vehicles are NOT investments, and a CF package is NOT an investment. I cannot return it back to the dealer tomorrow and receive more than what I paid. It is a cost, and it depreciates the moment it drives off the lot. You should say, to each their own or what they want to spend money on. Too many screwballs in the car industry extract our hard-earned dollars by trying to convince us to behave as if a cost is an investment. Remember that meeting with the finance guy at the dealership? How many times does he say...how much you should protect your "investment?"

Last edited:
Thanks for all the details and photos. I wish I would have seen this post before I ordered. I opted out of the CF package because of the cost (trying to save a bit here and there), the cosmetic only aspect of it, and the fact that I've never been a fan of the look. However, I figured they'd put something decent in there, not the same plastic looking textured cover that my current Laramie has. My wife has a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and it has a nice silver metallic trim to it, that would have been way better.

I did get the red accent package, so I have that to look forward to, but damn, that plain trim is just too plain. Hoping someone can answer a quick question. What does the steering wheel have if you don't get the CF package? I've see a couple pictures that look like it has a CF insert even when the package isn't installed, but I'm not sure. Or is it just plastic too?

You don’t think the cf in the interior package is “real” cf? It’s not stickers or fake cf wrap from what I can tell but I haven’t inspected it super close. Looks/feels real to me
There's something similar in places on my little Golf, but it's light in color.

How do I know? Because it's a slow car, so my eyes get to wander a bit at times. In the TRX my vision and attention is focused on the road, gauges, and radar detector. Actually, I'm not even sure what color or materials the interior consists of.

Besides, since we have already learned that light vehicles are faster, and mine is white, there's no need whatsoever to save a few grams on various interior accoutrements.
In other words, it'll do 118 just as well without any carbon in the cab. It really belongs in the exhaust.

Thanks for all the details and photos. I wish I would have seen this post before I ordered. I opted out of the CF package because of the cost (trying to save a bit here and there), the cosmetic only aspect of it, and the fact that I've never been a fan of the look. However, I figured they'd put something decent in there, not the same plastic looking textured cover that my current Laramie has. My wife has a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and it has a nice silver metallic trim to it, that would have been way better.

I did get the red accent package, so I have that to look forward to, but damn, that plain trim is just too plain. Hoping someone can answer a quick question. What does the steering wheel have if you don't get the CF package? I've see a couple pictures that look like it has a CF insert even when the package isn't installed, but I'm not sure. Or is it just plastic too?

Steering wheel is sweet. Leather and Alcantara, and on the flat part there is a nice insert that is intended to remind you of CF. Wonderfully executed. You won't be disappointed.

Steering wheel is sweet. Leather and Alcantara, and on the flat part there is a nice insert that is intended to remind you of CF. Wonderfully executed. You won't be disappointed.
Thanks very much for the details.

I posted a few months ago that I was a little bummed I didn’t order it. But having the truck now I don’t care one bit. The Level 2 is extremely nice inside even without it. And the $1300 saved bought a catch can and tonneau cover. 💁‍♂️

FD51A7B6-D067-4F4C-986B-FB6F311C7FA3.jpeg
2C0D1B5B-4CCC-41A9-8CB5-BFD17793FE49.jpeg

That is correct. But I don’t even like the red inserts in the seats with the red accent package. I would have bought it if it just had the stitching without the seat inserts.
I am planning on having an upholstery shop see if they can replace the red inserts in the seats with black leather. The red stitching is beautiful but the inserts are a bit more than I want.

The carbon fiber is the perfect finishing touch for the interior. Quite subtle unlike shiny cf in other vehicles I own (ed).

Ok your spending about $90k and asking the ?...

Back