Is the Carbon Fiber package worth it?

jigaloo

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ford Shelby GT350
Hey,

I've only seen the Carbon fiber package in pictures. For folks who have seen it (or own one with the option) is it worth it? If you were able to do it all over again, would you opt for the Carbon Fiber package?

I'm sure some of it depends on how much you like carbon fiber. 😊

Thx

TyRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 Silver TRX
Current Ride #2
69 Camaro w/ LS swap
I like the carbon fiber way more than the red accents. The red accents are good on the deviated stitching but the seat inserts turn me off. Regardless, the carbon adds visual texture and differentiation that is needed compared to the regular vinyl/pleather/hard plastic

JayRay

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Name
Jay
Current Ride
2015 GMC Duramax
I Have a LE and the carbon is growing on me. I probably wouldn't have ordered it if I didn't get a Launch, but I do like the carbon better than the red inserts like @TyRX said. The fit and finish of it is really nice, but for the price....it should be...

OnTheReel

I'm waiting.
Reaction score
Name
Zack
Current Ride
2019 Silverado
I kinda wish I ordered it. I didn’t realize that without it you get the cheaper looking textured plastic glove box shared with the lower trims, instead of the something similar to the Limited with the metal trim. Only carbon instead of wood, of course.

That said, I’m sure I won’t give a shit when I finally get the truck and hear that magic blower whine.

Rcasa20

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
Redeye
I like the carbon fiber way more than the red accents. The red accents are good on the deviated stitching but the seat inserts turn me off. Regardless, the carbon adds visual texture and differentiation that is needed compared to the regular vinyl/pleather/hard plastic
Correct me if I’m wrong but if you get Level 1 or 2 it comes with black leather and thus no red accents. I was wondering the same as @jigaloo but comparing standard Level 2 interior to carbon fiber option.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee
This is really a personal preference thing. I will tell you that for me the red accent stitch and carbon make getting in feel more special. Like an event. Thats worth 3k to me.

there’s a bunch of merit to just getting a base truck with super limited options though.

TyRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 Silver TRX
Current Ride #2
69 Camaro w/ LS swap
Correct me if I’m wrong but if you get Level 1 or 2 it comes with black leather and thus no red accents. I was wondering the same as @jigaloo but comparing standard Level 2 interior to carbon fiber option.
That is correct. But I don’t even like the red inserts in the seats with the red accent package. I would have bought it if it just had the stitching without the seat inserts.

Rcasa20

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
Redeye
That is correct. But I don’t even like the red inserts in the seats with the red accent package. I would have bought it if it just had the stitching without the seat inserts.
I agree, don’t care for them personally which is odd cause I love the two tone red/black Rebel interior!

RUNGUNSLV

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
Raptor
W/o the carbon you get some really crappy plastic. I would totally get it. For example on the steering wheel the plastic part on the bottom of the steering wheel has an edge that sticks up and scrapes my hand.

cortc

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 RAM 1500 Limited EcoDiesel
Yes, worth every penny, especially when on other vehicles carbon fiber trim can be thousands as an option...

RobR651

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 Ram 1500
W/o the carbon you get some really crappy plastic. I would totally get it. For example on the steering wheel the plastic part on the bottom of the steering wheel has an edge that sticks up and scrapes my hand.
I have a level 2 without the carbon fiber. I’m not a fan of carbon fiber on a near 7000 lb vehicle. It seems out of place to me. It’s all personal preference to what you like on your own truck.

My steering wheel also doesn’t have a plastic piece that scrapes into my hand on the bottom of the wheel. My wheel looks and functions totally fine. I’d take that to the dealer and have them replace it, that would annoy the crap out of me.

HeliPilot

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Military
USAF
I really like it. The way it changes appearance in sunlight is great. I have an LE, so wasn't an "Option", but glad it has it. Plus the TRX badging on the upper storage compartment looks way better than the non CF option.

TReX-RAM

TRX Junkie 💉
Reaction score
Current Ride
TReX
This is really a personal preference thing. I will tell you that for me the red accent stitch and carbon make getting in feel more special. Like an event. Thats worth 3k to me.

there’s a bunch of merit to just getting a base truck with super limited options though.
👆 Yep, ditto.
For me the fake CF (stickers) seems cheap and does not do the truck justice. I love my red stitch and CF interior. But hey, I could be the minority. Personal preference.

Last edited:

Two

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Too many to list
I’m not a fan of carbon fiber on a near 7000 lb vehicle.
Agree. For that kind of money, I could save a lot more weight, and in places where it matters more.
Think unsprung, rotating, mass as a great place to start.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Agree. For that kind of money, I could save a lot more weight, and in places where it matters more.
Think unsprung, rotating, mass as a great place to start.
It’s not about saving weight. It’s about upgrading the quality of materials you are looking at and/or touching everyday.

Same goes for alcantara. It’s used in racecars because it’s lighter than suede/leather.

Boostedroofer

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Many
Having the "carbon" trim it's definitely fitting for the trucks personality.

The Alcantara that's on the wheel I could do without..... going to be shit in a few years.

Two

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Too many to list
It’s not about saving weight. It’s about upgrading the quality of materials you are looking at and/or touching everyday.
Hah, not me. There could be nude wimmin dancing on the huge screen, and I probably wouldn't notice.

When I drive, 100% of my concentration is on the driving, so to me it's pretty much irrelevant what the interior looks like.
Then again, with the TRX being quite slow, maybe there will be time to let the eyes wander a bit?

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com