Distilled DesignWorks

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
TRX of the Month 🏆
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Hellcat Challenger, Ram
My buddy @ Denver 3D printing doing some intake prototyping. Designing it to support 105/108 throttle bodies. Should be a big improvement over the stock unit!
1612916742578.jpg

Interesting. It appears to have a similar helmholtz chamber, like the trackhawk. Tale is told, they used that in the trackhawk to keep the supercharger noise down since it was considered a luxury vehicle.

From all the videos, it seems like there's plenty of whine and all around louder than the TH. Removing that and using a block off plate made a pretty significant change in supercharger noise, in a good way. Thanks for the pics.

After a closer look, it's definitely the same but different. It's significantly closer to the TB and doesn't appear to attach the same way. Does it look like the chamber will come out of the intake tube or is it fused to the tube?

Very Interesting indeed... I might have to pop mine off and see if I can block that off... To me the SC whine is very quiet..
For the trackhawk guys that didn't want a full intake, that was a cheaper, easier option. There was a guy selling "block off plates" in one of the forums for like $75. Some were using a part from Lowe's. I'm likely going to 3d print one to try so I can make it fit perfectly and add strength, if needed. From what I'm to understand, the air is actually drawn from outside the engine bay on this truck or at least part of it. For that reason, I'm less likely to rush out and buy an intake until other mods are done. Increased flow would help but gotta get that specially designed filter out of the way first.

I had a legmaker hand made carbon fibre intake on my Trackhawk and my f8 wb hellcat. Incredible workmanship when paired with thefastman throttlebodies. Not sure if Chris is going to create one for the TRX.

What’s the functional reason for having a hood scoop and another intake?

What’s the functional reason for having a hood scoop and another intake?
Less airflow restriction to increase horse power. If done correctly, intake air temps remain low as the currently are or lower and as an added bonus, the thrill of hearing that super charger better. Where many solutions on other automobiles go wrong, they allow airflow from inside the hot engine bay to enter the intake.

Any specks on airflow available?

SRT/Ram engineers: Oh shoot, we forgot to make the throttle body bigger, shoot! :unsure: :rolleyes:
Still only as good as the smallest point.

After a closer look, it's definitely the same but different. It's significantly closer to the TB and doesn't appear to attach the same way. Does it look like the chamber will come out of the intake tube or is it fused to the tube?
Has anyone tried to take the chamber off yet? I get my truck back today from PPF and would like to remove this. One of my favorite tools (Black gorilla tape) looks like it would fit in place of the chamber.

Has anyone tried to take the chamber off yet? I get my truck back today from PPF and would like to remove this. One of my favorite tools (Black gorilla tape) looks like it would fit in place of the chamber.
Bought me a 100k truck, I'ma put me some duck tape on the intake 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

SRT/Ram engineers: Oh shoot, we forgot to make the throttle body bigger, shoot! :unsure: :rolleyes:
Still only as good as the smallest point.
Keeping yours stock? These things are begging for more power. 🤔 A guy might want to put a bigger throttle body on.

Keeping yours stock? These things are begging for more power. 🤔 A guy might want to put a bigger throttle body on.
Awesome! Can you explain how it works, if the throttle body isn't the restriction? How could it increase power without a tune? IF its adding more air, without increasing exhaust gas capacity, how is it an improvement? How does it affect the MAF mass airflow sensor? Inquiring minds want to know!

I’m hoping Legmaker comes out with an intake for the TRX, I run one on my HellCat and the quality/sound is unmatched.

Does anyone make one? Also been a while since I did an intake without a tune also, don’t you need one to compensate for the additional airflow?

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back