Installed the RamBar over my Retrax cover and added front and rear lights.

Before and after pics of my truck.

Added Retrax cover under the newer Rambar design with the side mounted bolts which make it fit perfectly with the cover.

The front lights are MOPAR with the outer two on AUX switch 1 and the inner two on AUX switch 2.
The rear light is a 24 X 1 light bar on AUX switch 3.
They are very bright but you definitely have to close the sunroof cover or you will be blinded.

The fire extinguisher holder is a DV8 that I had on my Jeep TJ for rock crawling. I used it once in an emergency so I decided to put one on.

View attachment 11948
View attachment 11949View attachment 11950
I been waiting on my 4 mopar lights since February ‼️🤬🤬 How long did yours take to come I been getting date changes left and right since the beginning of February ‼️

There were some questions on the AUX connections. It was really easy actually. I ran three 14 gauge two wire strands through the bar and down through the bed so you can't see the much of the wire. I followed a factory harness along the frame and up to the aux lines. See pics. I taped the color codes on the fuse box in case anyone needs them. (The label can get destroyed when you unwrap them from the Aux wires so I was careful.) Everything is sealed with heat shrink. As I mentioned, I used AUX 1 for the outer two forward, lights, AUX 2 for the inner two, and AUX 3 for the reverse. AUX 5 and 6 look to be for lower amperage applications as the wires are significantly smaller.

Note that the MOPAR clamps do NOT fit the RamBar with the bolts that come with them. I had to use my own bolts to make them work. Not ideal.

TRX Wire Routing.jpg
TRX Aux Connections.jpg

I been waiting on my 4 mopar lights since February ‼️🤬🤬 How long did yours take to come I been getting date changes left and right since the beginning of February ‼️
I ordered my lights and bar from a dealer in Colorado. The RamBar was being redesigned at the time so it took a little bit of time but it's worth it because the bolts are now horizontal into the bed so you don't have to change to round head bolts to not interfere with the Retrax cover.

The lights were available immediately but I ordered early because I was worried they would had supply issues as more TRX's became available. (Along with the fact that supply issues are an issue with EVERYTHING right now.) For what it's worth, I would just order aftermarket lights if you are having problems getting the MOPAR ones. They aren't anything special as far as I can tell.

I ordered my lights and bar from a dealer in Colorado. The RamBar was being redesigned at the time so it took a little bit of time but it's worth it because the bolts are now horizontal into the bed so you don't have to change to round head bolts to not interfere with the Retrax cover.

The lights were available immediately but I ordered early because I was worried they would had supply issues as more TRX's became available. (Along with the fact that supply issues are an issue with EVERYTHING right now.) For what it's worth, I would just order aftermarket lights if you are having problems getting the MOPAR ones. They aren't anything special as far as I can tell.
I would have to see about getting my money back as there really pricey at 1200 for everything and I got the clamps right away but the lights still aren't here‼️ I will try the clamps today but if they don't fit I can use that as an excuse along with the time it's taking to get the lights to get a refund ‼️

Just checked my clamps they fit perfectly ‼️ Here is the part number if anyone wants to get the right 1s‼️So I'm assuming you have the old ram bar which is thicker than the new one correct ⁉️

Attachments

• 20210504_084043.jpg
    20210504_084043.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 85
  • 20210504_083926.jpg
    20210504_083926.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Just checked my clamps they fit perfectly ‼️ Here is the part number if anyone wants to get the right 1s‼️So I'm assuming you have the old ram bar which is thicker than the new one correct ⁉️
They must have sent me the wrong brackets for the 2.5" diameter bar. I don't have the boxes anymore with the Part #.

I couldn't even use the supplied rubber strip. Yours will be perfect with the rubber inserted.

Oh well. Too late now. They are staying on as is.

They must have sent me the wrong brackets for the 2.5" diameter bar. I don't have the boxes anymore with the Part #.

I couldn't even use the supplied rubber strip. Yours will be perfect with the rubber inserted.

Oh well. Too late now. They are staying on as is.
Gotcha ‼️Funny thing after waiting 5 months my lights came in today 😂😂😂Just when I was about to call in quits‼️

There were some questions on the AUX connections. It was really easy actually. I ran three 14 gauge two wire strands through the bar and down through the bed so you can't see the much of the wire. I followed a factory harness along the frame and up to the aux lines. See pics. I taped the color codes on the fuse box in case anyone needs them. (The label can get destroyed when you unwrap them from the Aux wires so I was careful.) Everything is sealed with heat shrink. As I mentioned, I used AUX 1 for the outer two forward, lights, AUX 2 for the inner two, and AUX 3 for the reverse. AUX 5 and 6 look to be for lower amperage applications as the wires are significantly smaller.

Note that the MOPAR clamps do NOT fit the RamBar with the bolts that come with them. I had to use my own bolts to make them work. Not ideal.

View attachment 12264View attachment 12265
Thanks for these. Where does the wiring come out of the RamBar/into and out of the bed? The online instructions I found (attached) show a cut out on the driver's side on the front of the RamBar that doesn't exist on my truck.

Attachments

• 82215274AC-Off Road Lamp Install.pdf
    832.9 KB · Views: 58
Thanks for these. Where does the wiring come out of the RamBar/into and out of the bed? The online instructions I found (attached) show a cut out on the driver's side on the front of the RamBar that doesn't exist on my truck.
You have to use a razor or knife and cut the plastic to expose the pocket. I fed the wires through the hole in the RamBar and down through that pocket. You have to be very careful not to pinch the wiring or create a situation where the wire will eventually wear through.

I was able to run three rather large two wire cables though without a problem. Once it was fed down through I followed the factory harness and zip tied along the way. I looks very clean. Feeding it up to the AUX wiring was a little tricky but I just used an electrical fish. Once at the AUX wires, I connected the hots to the respective AUX wire and used the factory ground that is nicely placed right by the AUX for the three negatives wires. You can see it in the picture above. All in all, very easy installation.

Aux Switch Label.jpg

Nice! Really like the lights, especially the rear one. Well done!

Ugh...sorry. My next Amazon specials (with shims for 2.25 and 2.375) will be here tomorrow... hopefully one of these sizes works.
Put on the House Tuning brackets today to test fit. The 2.375 shims were too big. 2.25 works, but best fit is probably one of the 2.375 shims and one of the 2.25 shims. Pics below (first is 2.25 shims, second and third are the mix of 2.25 and 2.375).

Attachments

• 5C3ABE78-5F0A-4BD2-9FED-ACF7EE8EBE36.jpeg
    5C3ABE78-5F0A-4BD2-9FED-ACF7EE8EBE36.jpeg
    258.8 KB · Views: 103
  • F70947A8-DCC7-4FE2-9661-E72B1221FB42.jpeg
    F70947A8-DCC7-4FE2-9661-E72B1221FB42.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 105
  • FF9F7CFB-8D10-44CE-B11C-89CD72462FC3.jpeg
    FF9F7CFB-8D10-44CE-B11C-89CD72462FC3.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 106
I've used the lights many times but never saw them from the outside. It was impressive how much real estate they covered. 50 yards in each direction were daylight and it slowly tapered from there.

TRX Night Run.jpg

Curious if those with Rambars are taking their trucks through automatic car washes. I know people have their opinions about auto washes vs. handwashing, but they are a must for me, so that was the main reason why I opted not to order the Rambar. More directly, does anyone who runs light bars or bar-mounted lights use an automatic brushed car wash? Love the Retrax/Rambar combo by the way. That was another obstacle I wasn't sure would be practical to overcome.

Curious if those with Rambars are taking their trucks through automatic car washes. I know people have their opinions about auto washes vs. handwashing, but they are a must for me, so that was the main reason why I opted not to order the Rambar. More directly, does anyone who runs light bars or bar-mounted lights use an automatic brushed car wash? Love the Retrax/Rambar combo by the way. That was another obstacle I wasn't sure would be practical to overcome.
I just take my truck through the manual wash and brush it myself. If I brought my truck though an automatic, I don't think either the truck nor the car wash would survive undamaged. LOL.

Mine fits thru a local touchless car wash but I would never take it thru an automatic wash with the Rambar and lights on it.

I have the rambar, Retrax powerpro XR and lights and being that I have the PPF on my truck it's no big deal I run my truck thru the automatic wash 2-3x a week with no problems ‼️ I would think it's more of what kind of set up and how high the automatic wash is‼️ I wouldn't take it thru one that has the roller that runs the top of the vehicle ‼️ I would also look for a newer place that changes out there brushes every so often ‼️ I also recommend telling them no manual brushing as those guys tend to be brutal with the stick‼️

Before and after pics of my truck.

Added Retrax cover under the newer Rambar design with the side mounted bolts which make it fit perfectly with the cover.

The front lights are MOPAR with the outer two on AUX switch 1 and the inner two on AUX switch 2.
The rear light is a 24 X 1 light bar on AUX switch 3.
They are very bright but you definitely have to close the sunroof cover or you will be blinded.

The fire extinguisher holder is a DV8 that I had on my Jeep TJ for rock crawling. I used it once in an emergency so I decided to put one on.

View attachment 11948
View attachment 11949View attachment 11950
I’m sorry if this is a repetitive question but I really need to know because I would love a Rambar and I have the exact bed cover as you. Our part numbers match. But what is the correct part number for the Rambar and does it require modification? I see posts saying the Rambar was modified. I want to get the right one. Thanks.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back