Installed the RamBar over my Retrax cover and added front and rear lights.

KnoxRents

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Jeep Trackhawk
Current Ride #2
Hydro Blue RAM TRX
Before and after pics of my truck.

Added Retrax cover under the newer Rambar design with the side mounted bolts which make it fit perfectly with the cover.

The front lights are MOPAR with the outer two on AUX switch 1 and the inner two on AUX switch 2.
The rear light is a 24 X 1 light bar on AUX switch 3.
They are very bright but you definitely have to close the sunroof cover or you will be blinded.

The fire extinguisher holder is a DV8 that I had on my Jeep TJ for rock crawling. I used it once in an emergency so I decided to put one on.

TRX Beach.jpg

TRX Light Bar Rear.jpg
TRX with Light bar Front.jpg

Added Retrax cover under the newer Rambar design with the side mounted bolts which make it fit perfectly with the cover.

The front lights are MOPAR with the outer two on AUX switch 1 and the inner two on AUX switch 2.
They are very bright but you definitely have to close the sunroof cover or you will be blinded.

The fire extinguisher holder is a DV8 that I had on my Jeep TJ for rock crawling. I used it once in an emergency so I decided to put one on.

View attachment 11948
View attachment 11949View attachment 11950
How are the forward facing rack lights in the dark? Do they shine beyond the hood? Any glare off the hood? Great looking truck!

How are the forward facing rack lights in the dark? Do they shine beyond the hood? Any glare off the hood? Great looking truck!
I was worried about them being so far back on the cab but they match perfectly beyond the headlights and the outer two are angled slight off to each side so the range of light is very good. The back is a bar and the bed creates a shadow but the back up lights handle most of that. I only use the rear light for picking up camp on the beach so it will serve it's purpose.

View attachment 11948
View attachment 11949View attachment 11950
What was retrax bed cover Part# you have by chance? Looks great! My lights are getting installed May 3rd. Also waiting on the side steps to come in. Which rear light bar did you use and part number if you don’t mind?

Well done. Looks fantastic. Love the blue and beadlocks. They go well together.

What was retrax bed cover Part# you have by chance? Looks great! My lights are getting installed May 3rd. Also waiting on the side steps to come in. Which rear light bar did you use and part number if you don’t mind?
Using the JustBoltOns link which is where I bought it. See Johnny@JustBoltOns above if you need more help. They were great.

The light bar is a Quadratec branded light (not sure who makes it). I dealt with them for years with my Jeeps and they give me a pretty steep discount so I just ordered from them.

Using the JustBoltOns link which is where I bought it. See Johnny@JustBoltOns above if you need more help. They were great.

The light bar is a Quadratec branded light (not sure who makes it). I dealt with them for years with my Jeeps and they give me a pretty steep discount so I just ordered from them.
Glad you had better luck than I did. The dealership here are morons and after 6 months of waiting on lights, they had no clue how to install them to the AUX switches, only ordered two out of the four, and couldn’t find the box where the AUX switches are until I showed them in pictures. What a train wreck these idiots are. Glad you got good service everything looks great.

Glad you had better luck than I did. The dealership here are morons and after 6 months of waiting on lights, they had no clue how to install them to the AUX switches, only ordered two out of the four, and couldn’t find the box where the AUX switches are until I showed them in pictures. What a train wreck these idiots are. Glad you got good service everything looks great.
Follow up…if someone has detailed instructions for the 4 Mopar Lights and install to AUX switches please let me know. Thanks in Advance.

Follow up…if someone has detailed instructions for the 4 Mopar Lights and install to AUX switches please let me know. Thanks in Advance.
This might help a little:

Does anyone know the tubing diameter on the Rambar? Ive been shopping for mounting brackets and lights. I’m away from the truck so can’t measure. Thanks!

Does anyone know the tubing diameter on the Rambar? Ive been shopping for mounting brackets and lights. I’m away from the truck so can’t measure. Thanks!
I measured today at ~2.5"

EDIT: 2.5" brackets didn't work...trying 2.375" or 2.25" and will report back.

Last edited:
Does the Ram Bar have to have holes in the top of the bed rail???? Mine is coming with one (dealer order I lucked into) and this will be a deal breaker for me as I will be removing it.

Does the Ram Bar have to have holes in the top of the bed rail???? Mine is coming with one (dealer order I lucked into) and this will be a deal breaker for me as I will be removing it.
Do you mean mounting holes? Mine has three bolts on the top rail, one on the rear side, and two for the stake pocket (and they cut out the stake pocket to insert the Ram Bar). Replacement bed rails are around $60, I believe.

Do you mean mounting holes? Mine has three bolts on the top rail, one on the rear side, and two for the stake pocket (and they cut out the stake pocket to insert the Ram Bar). Replacement bed rails are around $60, I believe.
Yes the mounting holes. Do not want holes in the tops of the bed rail where the Ram Bar comes out. I guess I am not understanding how replacement bed rails are $60.00. I thought they were the actual top painted portion of the metal that makes up the top of the side of the bed.

Yes the mounting holes. Do not want holes in the tops of the bed rail where the Ram Bar comes out. I guess I am not understanding how replacement bed rails are $60.00. I thought they were the actual top painted portion of the metal that makes up the top of the side of the bed.

522249DB-B354-40B9-8FD2-923FE77E59B3.jpeg

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back