Z3R0IN

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Military
Navy-Vet
So i've had my IGLA for about 2 months now. Took some getting used to but it hasn't been a problem for weeks now. But I have discovered a different way to start the truck that is was less time consuming but haven't seen anything on it yet. Instead of the: foot off the brake, press twice to run, enter code, wait for two flashes, foot on brake firmly then start again, trucks fires up and good to go. (Just don't shift into gear too quickly or the Service active dampening light likes to pop on). I have found if I get in and press brake firmly and hit start and enter my code, as soon as the last button presses it starts up ready to go. the lights flash within a second and i'm ready to go in gear and take off. I'm assuming its due to the power going to the starter for that certain amount of time demonstrated in the Ravelco bypass. This is by no means a complaint however i'm just worried it may not be acting as it should.

I don't put my foot on the brake. I hit the button to the run position, wait till all the chimes stop, enter code and then brake/start and go.
Yes that is the normal way I explained first. works as well for me.

So i've had my IGLA for about 2 months now. Took some getting used to but it hasn't been a problem for weeks now. But I have discovered a different way to start the truck that is was less time consuming but haven't seen anything on it yet. Instead of the: foot off the brake, press twice to run, enter code, wait for two flashes, foot on brake firmly then start again, trucks fires up and good to go. (Just don't shift into gear too quickly or the Service active dampening light likes to pop on). I have found if I get in and press brake firmly and hit start and enter my code, as soon as the last button presses it starts up ready to go. the lights flash within a second and i'm ready to go in gear and take off. I'm assuming its due to the power going to the starter for that certain amount of time demonstrated in the Ravelco bypass. This is by no means a complaint however i'm just worried it may not be acting as it should.
Doing this is fine on almost all mopars EXEPT a TRX. The start sequence is specific to allow all the starting checks and stuff finish or you will get faults, shifter locking out, auto parking ect. This is the incorrect way to do it. If you would like to do it then so be it but please do not tell others this is ok. It is not. It will cause far more issues for others and fill my inbox with unnecessary crap because people can’t shift out of park after it starts. Please do the sequence correctly or use the IGLA fob (correctly too)
Thanks
Josh

Oh boy …… highly not recommended to do it this way …… the correct sequence is NO foot on the brake . Doing the wrong way will throw error codes for most users and as Josh said we will be dealing with endless calls due to user error

Doing this is fine on almost all mopars EXEPT a TRX. The start sequence is specific to allow all the starting checks and stuff finish or you will get faults, shifter locking out, auto parking ect. This is the incorrect way to do it. If you would like to do it then so be it but please do not tell others this is ok. It is not. It will cause far more issues for others and fill my inbox with unnecessary crap because people can’t shift out of park after it starts. Please do the sequence correctly or use the IGLA fob (correctly too)
Thanks
Josh
I didn't tell anyone it is ok, or to do it this way. Don't need to be attacked when asking a question. I put this out here as a question even stating "This is by no means a complaint however i'm just worried it may not be acting as it should." I stubbled on it one day when I forgot to leave my foot off. The only time i've ever had faults is trying to shift into gear too soon. Before everything sweeps. Not sure how its not letting it complete starting checks when you can get in and start the truck instantly without IGLA or with the fob even. Like I said the only time I've ever seen errors is putting it in gear too quickly, with or without IGLA.

Oh boy …… highly not recommended to do it this way …… the correct sequence is NO foot on the brake . Doing the wrong way will throw error codes for most users and as Josh said we will be dealing with endless calls due to user error
This is why I was asking if it was normal. Why is it allowed to do it?

I didn't tell anyone it is ok, or to do it this way. Don't need to be attacked when asking a question. I put this out here as a question even stating "This is by no means a complaint however i'm just worried it may not be acting as it should." I stubbled on it one day when I forgot to leave my foot off. The only time i've ever had faults is trying to shift into gear too soon. Before everything sweeps. Not sure how its not letting it complete starting checks when you can get in and start the truck instantly without IGLA or with the fob even. Like I said the only time I've ever seen errors is putting it in gear too quickly, with or without IGLA.
You did say it was ok when you said you found a new faster way of starting it and posting it. The fob when its in the range already authorizes it and allows full start, the 2 flashes is just a pause and catch up, its just confirming and not actually authorizing start up at that point of flashing. Please do the start sequence the correct way.
Thank you
Josh

This is why I was asking if it was normal. Why is it allowed to do it?
When you press the brake and start button with the IGLA on any push to start with start inhibit on the vehicle goes through the normal start sequence and thinks its starting. IGLA blocks it but it will still do the sequence. Entering the pin at the start of the sequence will authorize it during the startup and kick the starter on like its used to doing.

You did say it was ok when you said you found a new faster way of starting it and posting it. The fob when its in the range already authorizes it and allows full start, the 2 flashes is just a pause and catch up, its just confirming and not actually authorizing start up at that point of flashing. Please do the start sequence the correct way.
Thank you
Josh
Again, I didn't say it was OK or tell anyone to do it. Those words were not entered in here by me. I was simply giving facts. it is indeed faster. If it is a wrong way and its discovered shouldn't it be brought to attention? Whether it is an Ok thing to do or not, as you stated it's not. Which I am OK with. But. Don't put words in my mouth or come at me like I'm a child when I have a legitimate question and concern with a product you so overbearingly push at times. Maybe include it in your training or at least a explanation by the installers that its a possibility when someone stubbles across it as I can see others have.

Serious question. What is the correct way to start the truck with igla? I got it installed about a week ago and I’m not sure if I’m doing it the correct way. I usually put foot on brake, fire up engine with start button, enter code after dash sweeps and then I can put into gear and go. Am I supposed to not start the truck before entering code? For example, put truck in run position, enter code, then foot on brake and fire up engine.
Also what do you do if you enter the code wrong the first time? Can you enter it again or do you have to shut off engine and restart the procedure? Happened to me once and I shut down truck and restarted. Did I have to do that?

Lastly, what’s the correct procedure for when it’s remote started?

If this is sensitive information, please PM if needed.

Thanks.

Serious question. What is the correct way to start the truck with igla? I got it installed about a week ago and I’m not sure if I’m doing it the correct way. I usually put foot on brake, fire up engine with start button, enter code after dash sweeps and then I can put into gear and go. Am I supposed to not start the truck before entering code? For example, put truck in run position, enter code, then foot on brake and fire up engine.
Also what do you do if you enter the code wrong the first time? Can you enter it again or do you have to shut off engine and restart the procedure? Happened to me once and I shut down truck and restarted. Did I have to do that?

Lastly, what’s the correct procedure for when it’s remote started?

If this is sensitive information, please PM if needed.

Thanks.

Correct way is:

Press Button twice to run, enter your code, wait for two flashes, foot on brake and start the engine, Truck starts up

As for when remote started I forgot what the dash does but you get in and push the brake very hard and far down, things flash on the gauges but than you enter your code and you are good to go.

If you enter it wrong, I basically just hit the button again to shut off. I do not know if I need to but I usually open than close my door again. Just to pretend like I got out. Than restart the process.

Correct way is:

As for when remote started I forgot what the dash does but you get in and push the brake very hard and far down, things flash on the gauges but than you enter your code and you are good to go.
This is how your installer told you to do it with remote start? I get in push the start button once, put in my code and then I'm good to go.

Correct way is:

Press Button twice to run, enter your code, wait for two flashes, foot on brake and start the engine, Truck starts up

If you enter it wrong, I basically just hit the button again to shut off. I do not know if I need to but I usually open than close my door again. Just to pretend like I got out. Than restart the process.
After I remote start I get into truck, enter pin, then hit start button. (no brake) I thought this was the correct way, maybe @Air’d outSRT can confirm?

This is how your installer told you to do it with remote start? I get in push the start button once, put in my code and then I'm good to go.
Yes, and it works. I will try your way when I get to my truck later. Maybe it is a setting? I know he asked if I wanted to remote start to shut off when I opened the door or let it stay running and do proper take over. If mine is incorrect I will remove from my post to not confuse people.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back