IGLA instal in Houston

I’ll be interested too. 2023 ordered in September. So most likely install in Q1/Q2 2023.

Im interested as well. I'm near Richmond.

Mod FX checking in. We have you covered if you need IGLA installations in Houston. Have already spoken with a few members that have called and will be happy to assist.

-Randall
281-205-7030

I'm looking for an installer new Houston for IGLA. It's been a few months since last check. Are there any other Houston members needing install? Maybe we could get a group of them to see if someone is willing to hook us up locally?

I'm looking for an installer new Houston for IGLA. It's been a few months since last check. Are there any other Houston members needing install? Maybe we could get a group of them to see if someone is willing to hook us up locally?
Call Randall @ ModFX in Spring 832-948-0223. Had mine installed for $1200 few weeks back.

Still waiting for my TRX. Will hit them up once it arrives.

How is your experience with IGLA so far?

Peace of mind and no issue so far. Right now I am using the key fob and it’s pretty quick only take few seconds to detect the fob and start the truck right away for me key fob works best, I tried the pin and it takes few seconds to start the truck.

Hey guys. In the market for some type of electronic kill switch / immobilizer and saw this Igla thread. Looks like there have been a handful who went through with the install.

• Anyone NOT happy with the Igla product or getting annoyed entering the code every time?
  • Can you disable the car remotely? Can the Igla kill the fuel?
  • Anyone add on a GPS unit to their vehicle also? If so which one and how happy are you with it?

Hey guys. In the market for some type of electronic kill switch / immobilizer and saw this Igla thread. Looks like there have been a handful who went through with the install.

• Anyone NOT happy with the Igla product or getting annoyed entering the code every time?
  • Can you disable the car remotely? Can the Igla kill the fuel?
  • Anyone add on a GPS unit to their vehicle also? If so which one and how happy are you with it?
I have IGLA and Compustar T13 Pro. I am very happy with the setup and well worth the money imo. Entering in the code every time is not bad, its part of my process now. So taking the few extra seconds to do that is well worth the truck being where I left it. Compustar adds shock and glass sensors as well as GPS tracking, prox unlock, and you still have remote start. You can disable the car remotely. I do not believe either system does anything with the fuel.

I have IGLA and Compustar T13 Pro. I am very happy with the setup and well worth the money imo. Entering in the code every time is not bad, its part of my process now. So taking the few extra seconds to do that is well worth the truck being where I left it. Compustar adds shock and glass sensors as well as GPS tracking, prox unlock, and you still have remote start. You can disable the car remotely. I do not believe either system does anything with the fuel.
So disabling the car remotely typically means the starter/ignition will be disabled which means the car can still drive once it's disabled but upon the next start it will not turn on. I know some electronic kill switches (Trackmate T11) there are normally closed contacts off of relays in the device that you wire in series with the starter and fuel relay so that you can actually kill the fuel remotely. Sounds like there might be some legality issues around that but it's a showstopper if you need that feature in crunch time.

Guess my question is what exactly does the Igla do when you disable the car remotely? I read the Igla can reduce the speed of the vehicle.

So disabling the car remotely typically means the starter/ignition will be disabled which means the car can still drive once it's disabled but upon the next start it will not turn on. I know some electronic kill switches (Trackmate T11) there are normally closed contacts off of relays in the device that you wire in series with the starter and fuel relay so that you can actually kill the fuel remotely. Sounds like there might be some legality issues around that but it's a showstopper if you need that feature in crunch time.

Guess my question is what exactly does the Igla do when you disable the car remotely? I read the Igla can reduce the speed of the vehicle.
I should have been more clear, you can kill the engine remotely with the compustar. I also should state I have not tried to do this while driving so I do not have experience with what actually happens in that scenario. IGLA is the immobilizer and there is no remote connectivity to it. Depending on setup it prevents engine from starting without pin, or in the other setup it prevents the vehicle from shifting and applies auto park brake without pin. That setup is done by the installer and can not be changed by the user.

I should have been more clear, you can kill the engine remotely with the compustar. I also should state I have not tried to do this while driving so I do not have experience with what actually happens in that scenario. IGLA is the immobilizer and there is no remote connectivity to it. Depending on setup it prevents engine from starting without pin, or in the other setup it prevents the vehicle from shifting and applies auto park brake without pin. That setup is done by the installer and can not be changed by the user.
Oh I gotcha. Thanks. I guess the other modules I was looking at (Trackmate T11 LTE + GPS) you could monitor and remotely kill the fuel or starter but if Igla doesn't have LTE then I can see why you wouldn't be able to do anything remotely.

Oh I gotcha. Thanks. I guess the other modules I was looking at (Trackmate T11 LTE + GPS) you could monitor and remotely kill the fuel or starter but if Igla doesn't have LTE then I can see why you wouldn't be able to do anything remotely.
You bet. Other members have more knowledge than myself. Just trying to help with the experience I have with my setup. I don't know much about Trackmate but others on here might have some experience. From my web search it sounds very similar to the compustar and would probably pair well with IGLA.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back