SRG_Joe

TRX Addict
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX Level 2
Current Ride #2
2021 Audi RS6 | 2021 Mini GP | 2018 SRG Built Wrangler | 1996 Coyote F150
First of all, I would like to thank Scott @Americanmuscleperformance for the install. We wanted to get this installed before our road trip to Georgia. Not that driving through Atlanta has its negatives :)

1. You cannot rush to get into the car and enter your code. Although it is pretty quick, don't think you are jumping in and need to respond to a fire.

2. If you are driving and wish to stop and exit the car while leaving it running, you have to remember to re enter your code when you get back in. The system will think you are getting car jacked, throw a whole bunch of codes and eventually shut off.

3. I still have to play with the service mode, however, in our case, we valet the truck and it gets left up front wherever we stay. The valet was very accommodating in letting us park the truck upfront and not them.

4. If you have AMP steps and you exit the vehicle while its still running, there is a slight delay on them deploying. I think this goes back to the IGLA thinking you are being car jacked.

5. Remote start works as planned. Just enter your code and you are good to go.

Just wanted to give an update to anyone contemplating this. It's seriously a piece of mind, although over engineered which is good thing.

What did the system/install run you?

Would opting to use FOB over having to input the pin every time you get in and out of the truck be more efficient? Not sure what the downfall of this method would be.

Would opting to use FOB over having to input the pin every time you get in and out of the truck be more efficient?

This is what I have been doing. Of course if you are car jacked and they take your keys, if the fob is with them, then you are SOL. But honestly it's very convenient to use the fob. I had to leave my truck at ppf for a few days and it was nice to just put the fob on the key chain and not worry about it. I also valet a lot and not having to just turn off the system and leave it vulnerable is nice. So yes if you keep the fob with the key then you are more vulnerable than just relying on the code. But I have found good use for the fobs.

I'm getting IGLA in my truck right after thanksgiving. Only downside is I have to drive 6.5 hours for the nearest installer. Can't wait to have some peace of mind.

I'm getting IGLA in my truck right after thanksgiving. Only downside is I have to drive 6.5 hours for the nearest installer. Can't wait to have some peace of mind.
Drove 5 hours to get mine installed. It'll be worth it.

Would opting to use FOB over having to input the pin every time you get in and out of the truck be more efficient? Not sure what the downfall of this method would be.
Running the phone app makes it instant and completely transparent to the owner. Putting the tile onto your keychain means that if your keys get lifted, the bad guys get your truck. Takes the point out of the system in my opinion.

Takes the point out of the system in my opinion.
Yeah I thought about that too, but here in Chicago, your phone is the first thing they take. I am not worried about someone breaking into my home or office and getting my keys (they will take phone then too).

For me it's more the standard theft where truck is parked somewhere and they break in, that i want to prevent. In the car jacking situation, they are taking the keys and phone anyway, and honeslty at that point I want them to take it and GTFO. I don't want them frustrated in anyway taking the truck.

I think fob or phone it's the same level of risk, but I change my phones frequently so the fob is easier for me. Gold standard is neither and just the pin everytime...

Running the phone app makes it instant and completely transparent to the owner. Putting the tile onto your keychain means that if your keys get lifted, the bad guys get your truck. Takes the point out of the system in my opinion.
Seems like you can separate the tile and your key to have the best of all worlds. Put them in different pockets and if someone lifts the truck key they are still SOL

First of all, I would like to thank Scott @Americanmuscleperformance for the install. We wanted to get this installed before our road trip to Georgia. Not that driving through Atlanta has its negatives :)

1. You cannot rush to get into the car and enter your code. Although it is pretty quick, don't think you are jumping in and need to respond to a fire.

2. If you are driving and wish to stop and exit the car while leaving it running, you have to remember to re enter your code when you get back in. The system will think you are getting car jacked, throw a whole bunch of codes and eventually shut off.

3. I still have to play with the service mode, however, in our case, we valet the truck and it gets left up front wherever we stay. The valet was very accommodating in letting us park the truck upfront and not them.

4. If you have AMP steps and you exit the vehicle while its still running, there is a slight delay on them deploying. I think this goes back to the IGLA thinking you are being car jacked.

5. Remote start works as planned. Just enter your code and you are good to go.

Just wanted to give an update to anyone contemplating this. It's seriously a piece of mind, although over engineered which is good thing.

Have you downloaded the Author ID app yet? I tend to use that over the key in code as it's so much quicker and usually if I remote start, I can just get in and go.

Have you downloaded the Author ID app yet? I tend to use that over the key in code as it's so much quicker and usually if I remote start, I can just get in and go.
Not yet, this was last minute before we left and did not want to mess with it.

I actually just got my installed this week as well. I think the app on your phone is the way to go and hardly even notice you have igla. You see the flashers flash twice and that’s it. I was told it’s best to use the key fob when taking in for service or valet. Just keep it with the key and not even tell them about it. The service mode is not as reliable I was told. If you were really worried about someone getting your phone with your keys then I guess the best method is use the PIN code each time but it really takes less than 10 seconds to start the vehicle and this is strictly determined on how many keys your code is and how efficient you are in putting it in.

The most common theft happens when thief takes truck and owner not around at all. So I wouldn’t be to worried about a thief taking my phone, keys and truck at the same time.

I have thought about using the phone app but my installer advised against it as it can be unreliable at times so I haven't set that feature up yet. Not sure if you have had any positive experiences with that feature, but I'd like to hear if you have.

Here in Arizona, it is rare to hear about carjackings. Not that they don't happen because I am sure that they do. Not sure if has to do with the majority of people who live here being armed.

As another member stated though if someone is brave enough to carjack me I'd probably just want them to disappear as quickly as possible. Materials can always be replaced, we only get one life.

Not yet, this was last minute before we left and did not want to mess with it.
Makes sense, safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving!

I understand everyone wants to protect their truck from being stolen but the way I see it, If I have $500 deductible, and some asshole breaks in and tears shit apart, with IGLA preventing the theft, I still have to file a claim to fix my truck. I rather have them take the whole thing.

I understand everyone wants to protect their truck from being stolen but the way I see it, If I have $500 deductible, and some asshole breaks in and tears shit apart, with IGLA preventing the theft, I still have to file a claim to fix my truck. I rather have them take the whole thing.
And wait another 6-9 months for a new one? Or buy one off the lot paying the difference between what insurance paid you for the value of your truck versus what dealers are selling them for? Utilize gap insurance?

*Genuine questions as to the logic

And wait another 6-9 months for a new one? Or buy one off the lot paying the difference between what insurance paid you for the value of your truck versus what dealers are selling them for? Utilize gap insurance?

*Genuine questions as to the logic
I have this thing on my policy called, newer vehicle replacement, so they pay out for a model 1 year newer. I payed 10k under msrp for mine, 23s are way up and used trucks are still over MSRP, I call it win win situation.

I have this thing on my policy called, newer vehicle replacement, so they pay out for a model 1 year newer. I payed 10k under msrp for mine, 23s are way up and used trucks are still over MSRP, I call it win win situation.
Gotcha, so you're willing to wait an extended period of time for a new one. Fair enough.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back