IGLA first impressions.

Marty.Z

TRX Savage
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Military
Navy Veteran
I understand everyone wants to protect their truck from being stolen but the way I see it, If I have $500 deductible, and some asshole breaks in and tears shit apart, with IGLA preventing the theft, I still have to file a claim to fix my truck. I rather have them take the whole thing.
For me, it's mostly about doing what I can to prevent theft. This is the first new vehicle that I took the time to order and wait for. I understand your point of view if it applied to any other car I've bought off the lot, but this is the first I've speced out exactly to my liking.

In addition to mods, I have done or will be doing in the future, it would be nice not to have to do them all over again. I can live with having to replace a broken window either out of pocket or through my insurance over having to replace the entire truck.

Yreka_Kid

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 1500 TRX - Black L2
I understand everyone wants to protect their truck from being stolen but the way I see it, If I have $500 deductible, and some asshole breaks in and tears shit apart, with IGLA preventing the theft, I still have to file a claim to fix my truck. I rather have them take the whole thing.
On the other hand, if they take the truck and go joyride it for 5 days cops find it then you get it back all clapped out. Either way the 'citizen' gets the short end of the stick. There was wisdom in the hanging of horse thieves.

maestro5531

TRX Fan
Reaction score
On the other hand, if they take the truck and go joyride it for 5 days cops find it then you get it back all clapped out. Either way the 'citizen' gets the short end of the stick. There was wisdom in the hanging of horse thieves.
That is a valid point as well but joyriding is more of a Kia boys vs Hellcat stuff that is stolen for parts and often disappears.

Creamsicle

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ignition Edition
I have thought about using the phone app but my installer advised against it as it can be unreliable at times so I haven't set that feature up yet. Not sure if you have had any positive experiences with that feature, but I'd like to hear if you have.

Here in Arizona, it is rare to hear about carjackings. Not that they don't happen because I am sure that they do. Not sure if has to do with the majority of people who live here being armed.

As another member stated though if someone is brave enough to carjack me I'd probably just want them to disappear as quickly as possible. Materials can always be replaced, we only get one life.
The phone app is fantastic. I can’t speak to the Android experience, but with iOS the app just stays active in the background so that every time I go to the truck I’m ready to hop in and drive away like the IGLA is not even there. It requires zero interaction of any kind.

As a previous poster pointed out, I guess this does leave you slightly more exposed as someone could conceivably steal your phone before stealing your truck but that seems pretty unlikely (unless it’s a carjacking…in which case you are covered anyway!).

I’ve never had an issue with the app failing to work or causing any kind of issue - it’s been flawless for me so far. It’s a bit of a bear to setup as the IGLA programming “interface” is rather…uh…primitive, but once you’re set, you’re set!

nori361

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM TRX
Military
Army
I have thought about using the phone app but my installer advised against it as it can be unreliable at times so I haven't set that feature up yet. Not sure if you have had any positive experiences with that feature, but I'd like to hear if you have.

Here in Arizona, it is rare to hear about carjackings. Not that they don't happen because I am sure that they do. Not sure if has to do with the majority of people who live here being armed.

As another member stated though if someone is brave enough to carjack me I'd probably just want them to disappear as quickly as possible. Materials can always be replaced, we only get one life.
Where did you get it installed? I live down in Yuma and no one down here has the capability.

Tacoma2TRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Toyota Tacoma 2017 TRD Sport

Many board members have gone this route. It’s ridiculously sensitive, highly adjustable, and easy to install. Integrates with the factory alarm.
Just got off the phone with Jose placing an order with him for my addshocksensor. Watched the videos he sends too. Does anyone have experience installing their addshocksensor? I'm going to search the forum hoping there's a detailed write up. 🤞

Creamsicle

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ignition Edition
Just got off the phone with Jose placing an order with him for my addshocksensor. Watched the videos he sends too. Does anyone have experience installing their addshocksensor? I'm going to search the forum hoping there's a detailed write up. 🤞
The biggest difficulty is in spreading the wires in the loom so that you can access the wire you need. The cluster of wires is TIGHT!

I installed it just using the provided video and everything worked out perfectly.

Now if someone can offer a horn relocation kit, then post it up. Thieves just reach through the grill and snip or disconnect the wires to the horn. It’s a stupidly accessible setup given the security needs.

IGLA Installer KY

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 SRT Jeep
Military
US Army (ret)
First of all, I would like to thank Scott @Americanmuscleperformance for the install. We wanted to get this installed before our road trip to Georgia. Not that driving through Atlanta has its negatives :)

1. You cannot rush to get into the car and enter your code. Although it is pretty quick, don't think you are jumping in and need to respond to a fire.

2. If you are driving and wish to stop and exit the car while leaving it running, you have to remember to re enter your code when you get back in. The system will think you are getting car jacked, throw a whole bunch of codes and eventually shut off.

3. I still have to play with the service mode, however, in our case, we valet the truck and it gets left up front wherever we stay. The valet was very accommodating in letting us park the truck upfront and not them.

4. If you have AMP steps and you exit the vehicle while its still running, there is a slight delay on them deploying. I think this goes back to the IGLA thinking you are being car jacked.

5. Remote start works as planned. Just enter your code and you are good to go.

Just wanted to give an update to anyone contemplating this. It's seriously a piece of mind, although over engineered which is good thing.
Do you have anti carjacking mode on? If so you can toggle it off and back on when going into big cities ect. Service mode is easy to toggle on and then when you get your vehicle back, enter your pin code and it will turn off.

Last edited:

IGLA Installer KY

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 SRT Jeep
Military
US Army (ret)
Not when you have $20,000 in mods to your vehicle. Then you’re screwed and the $500 deductible is a minor setback.

amill94

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
I've had IGLA installed for about 3 months now and it's been great. I feel more comfortable leaving the truck in parking lots and various places. I use the pin code entry via the control buttons 99% of the time. I use the keyfob when I drop it for service to avoid any issues. The only downfall is that the remote start via the phone app does not work with IGLA. If you put it in bypass mode it will work but that defeats the purpose of the IGLA system. It's not a huge issue, but something to be aware of. Hopefully some sort of update becomes available in the future to fix this issue.

OnlyUsedMyBl4de

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2015 3LT Z51 Corvette
I've had IGLA installed for about 3 months now and it's been great. I feel more comfortable leaving the truck in parking lots and various places. I use the pin code entry via the control buttons 99% of the time. I use the keyfob when I drop it for service to avoid any issues. The only downfall is that the remote start via the phone app does not work with IGLA. If you put it in bypass mode it will work but that defeats the purpose of the IGLA system. It's not a huge issue, but something to be aware of. Hopefully some sort of update becomes available in the future to fix this issue.
I've never tried to use the phone app for IGLA. I always use the pin code and simply add the fob to the main fob, for any type of service that needs to be done. The remote start and stop, is still accessible through the Ram app without any issues.

AmosMoses

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
Toyota Highlander
I’m in Canada so face import duties and high shipping costs. It cost me $250CAD to my door. Message or call the vendor for an accurate US price or perhaps someone else can offer insight.
Gotcha, thanks for the data point. It's weird that they don't have prices listed.

Reaction score
First of all, I would like to thank Scott @Americanmuscleperformance for the install. We wanted to get this installed before our road trip to Georgia. Not that driving through Atlanta has its negatives :)

1. You cannot rush to get into the car and enter your code. Although it is pretty quick, don't think you are jumping in and need to respond to a fire.

2. If you are driving and wish to stop and exit the car while leaving it running, you have to remember to re enter your code when you get back in. The system will think you are getting car jacked, throw a whole bunch of codes and eventually shut off.

3. I still have to play with the service mode, however, in our case, we valet the truck and it gets left up front wherever we stay. The valet was very accommodating in letting us park the truck upfront and not them.

4. If you have AMP steps and you exit the vehicle while its still running, there is a slight delay on them deploying. I think this goes back to the IGLA thinking you are being car jacked.

5. Remote start works as planned. Just enter your code and you are good to go.

Just wanted to give an update to anyone contemplating this. It's seriously a piece of mind, although over engineered which is good thing.
Have you confirmed it shuts off by testing it , we install these too and tested that , without additional wiring and relays to interrupt a specific circuit …. It shouldn’t shut down even with antihijack mode on , it may put the truck into auto park though , but shutting down without additional wiring and relays we’ve not seen work

OP
OP
SRG_Joe

SRG_Joe

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX Level 2
Current Ride #2
2021 Audi RS6 | 2021 Mini GP | 2018 SRG Built Wrangler | 1996 Coyote F150
Have you confirmed it shuts off by testing it , we install these too and tested that , without additional wiring and relays to interrupt a specific circuit …. It shouldn’t shut down even with antihijack mode on , it may put the truck into auto park though , but shutting down without additional wiring and relays we’ve not seen work

I have not man. We got it installed on Friday and left at 5:00am on Saturday. Since it was a decent road trip, I did not want to mess with it for obvious reasons. For example, if we pump gas, leave the truck running, jump back in and drive off, the dash lights up like a Christmas tree.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com DanCumminsCDJR.com OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com airRyd auto shipping