If you could have any 4 cars in your garage, money being no object what would they be?

How tall is your garage ceiling? I want to add a 4 post lift to my 3rd car stall but I think im too short.

11 feet.

Wow: and you fit two?

I almost bought a 4 post lift this past summer (had a deposit down on it and was just waiting). Ended up canceling the order and put that cash towards the TRX, figuring my 10’6” ceiling height would make a lift worthless.

Oh well!

Guilty as charged haha. They're the gold standard around our parts. If you have a better recommendation for this boating rookie, please let me know.
"Better" is, of course, subjective. DCB makes really nice boats, but have typically been regarded as better "lake" boats than big water boats. I've seen them handle big water though, and they seem to do OK. Since AZ and SoCal is your stomping ground, you can't go wrong with a DCB. My preference is towards MTI, with Mystic coming in second. MTI pretty much perfected their hull design 20 years ago, and they just ride really good and are efficient.

Hey Apex, does the Camaro handle as well as I see YouTubers say it does compare to the Chally and Mustang GT? The reason I am asking is that with the used car prices finally coming back down to earth, I'm thinking of picking up a slightly used SS or possibly a ZL1. It's mostly so I can drive it like a red headed step child. Wait, that came out wrong....you know what I mean. ;-)

I am looking for something that will track well. I had a 392 Chally and tracked it a few times but it wasn't as good as I had hoped. I see great things on the SS and ZL1 for track days but I figured I would seek your opinion and get your thoughts.

Thanks!

1.) TRX for Baja
2.) Escalade V for family road trips/Daily
3.) 67’ Pontiac GTO hellcat swap exterior and interior
4.) 17-23 camaro zl1 1le manual for road course fun.

Wouldn’t mind throwing in a 392 wrangler for slow crawling stuff. I’m not really a high end type of guy. Lambos, Ferraris. I’m sure they are bad to the bone. Just never been that fancy of a dude. 🫡

1. Dodge Viper ACR (Dream Car/Track)
2 Dodge Demon (Drag Strip)
3 TRX (Daily)
4. Rolls Royce Wraith (Luxury)

Just for fun, I’ll kick it off. Mine would be:
1. Bugatti Chiron Pur Sport
2. Bentley Continental GT speed convertible
3. Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster
4. Lamborghini Urus as a daily
Interesting selection of Volkswagens ;)

1. Maybach 680 with a driver as a daily
2. TRX
3. S65 Coupe
4. any serious track car (GT3 maybe) and access to Ehra-Lessien and the empty Autobahn to get to it whenever I wish

Interesting selection of Volkswagens ;)

1. Maybach 680 with a driver as a daily
2. TRX
3. S65 Coupe
4. any serious track car (GT3 maybe) and access to Ehra-Lessien and the empty Autobahn to get to it whenever I wish
What about the 'Ring? I think I'd take that over the Autobahn.

1. Ferrari F40
2. 2006 Heritage Ford GT
3. McLaren F1
4. Lamborghini Miura

Do I also get the money is no object bank account and insurance policy? Because , damn , I get anxiety just thinking about someone wiping out the two trucks I have

1. Ram TRX
2. 06 5.9 6spd SRW 3500
3. CTS V Wagon 6spd
4. 1998-2001 Acura NSX

Hey Apex, does the Camaro handle as well as I see YouTubers say it does compare to the Chally and Mustang GT? The reason I am asking is that with the used car prices finally coming back down to earth, I'm thinking of picking up a slightly used SS or possibly a ZL1. It's mostly so I can drive it like a red headed step child. Wait, that came out wrong....you know what I mean. ;-)

I am looking for something that will track well. I had a 392 Chally and tracked it a few times but it wasn't as good as I had hoped. I see great things on the SS and ZL1 for track days but I figured I would seek your opinion and get your thoughts.

Thanks!
Older thread, but I have the same questions as @PapaPaka - How is the ZL1 @APEX TRX?

Older thread, but I have the same questions as @PapaPaka - How is the ZL1 @APEX TRX?
I’m going to side bust this question due to my line of work within the industry, AND having first hand on track experience with all 3 on track from a customer or manufacturer product launch perspective.

Best one of the three you can buy for any track abuse is:

1. ZL1 1LE (the 1 LE package is very important)
2. Shelby GT350R (handles the most like a GT4 racecar)
3. Challenger/Charger wide body “cats”, then 392

The Camaro has the most balanced and communicative chassis, as well as the most track ready parts when equipped with 1LE.

The Ford with the Voodoo engine is unique engineering from an American company, but the engines have shown to have their issues. (Hint, the factory built GT4 racecar mustangs that launched with the voodoo motor are no longer using it for durability concerns I’ve witnessed first hand). Mustangs also have a lot of yaw in the chassis dynamic, meaning, when you lean into a corner there is more slip angle in the driving dynamic than the other vehicles due to wheel base and rear suspension geometry.

The challengers and chargers in hellcat trim have great brakes, which surprises most of us pro’s, where we can melt the brakes off super cars in a single lap or two as well, and hellcat’s can hang with the best of them on brake durability. The downside to the Chrysler product line (until the wide body models) was narrow fenders limiting tire width/contact patch, and THEN the chassis tuning which is not set up for a racetrack. The roll centers are quite high and the suspension is soft, mainly for traction, and daily comfort in a 4400lb machine, Leaving the car feeling tall and wallowy when driven hard. All the “cats” make up for this on HPDE days by ripping down the straights, but you’re drag racing from corner to corner, and then Trying to survive. It’s a less than rewarding feeling on track as it quickly reminds you that’s not what the car was intended to do.

From a driver feel, enjoyment, and performance perspective, I would take the Camaro of the 3…..

Last edited:
So tough to choose, but at the moment probably:

1. TRX for daily
2. Built Camaro IROC-Z w/ LS swap (only car I regret selling)
3. 1968 Charger with either old school HEMI or possibly hellcat swap
4. Lamborghini Huracan/Aventador or if really stupid pricewise, maybe a Ferrari Daytona SP3.
Bro great mind think alike that would be my dream garage . I got the iroc z , waiting on the trx ,

I’m going to side bust this question due to my line of work within the industry, AND having first hand on track experience with all 3 on track from a customer or manufacturer product launch perspective.

Best one of the three you can buy for any track abuse is:

1. ZL1 1LE (the 1 LE package is very important)
2. Shelby GT350R (handles the most like a GT4 racecar)
3. Challenger/Charger wide body “cats”, then 392

The Camaro has the most balanced and communicative chassis, as well as the most track ready parts when equipped with 1LE.

The Ford with the Voodoo engine is unique engineering from an American company, but the engines have shown to have their issues. (Hint, the factory built GT4 racecar mustangs that launched with the voodoo motor are no longer using it for durability concerns I’ve witnessed first hand). Mustangs also have a lot of yaw in the chassis dynamic, meaning, when you lean into a corner there is more slip angle in the driving dynamic than the other vehicles due to wheel base and rear suspension geometry.

The challengers and chargers in hellcat trim have great brakes, which surprises most of us pro’s, where we can melt the brakes off super cars in a single lap or two as well, and hellcat’s can hang with the best of them on brake durability. The downside to the Chrysler product line (until the wide body models) was narrow fenders limiting tire width/contact patch, and THEN the chassis tuning which is not set up for a racetrack. The roll centers are quite high and the suspension is soft, mainly for traction, and daily comfort in a 4400lb machine, Leaving the car feeling tall and wallowy when driven hard. All the “cats” make up for this on HPDE days by ripping down the straights, but you’re drag racing from corner to corner, and then Trying to survive. It’s a less than rewarding feeling on track as it quickly reminds you that’s not what the car was intended to do.

From a driver feel, enjoyment, and performance perspective, I would take the Camaro of the 3…..
ZL1 1LE seems to be the ticket - looking to get back into into autocross abuse... And from a short background research of @Westphalracing, you have me beat in that arena eight ways to Sunday.

1. Challenger scat pack shaker 6M
2. Charger HC wide body
3. Challenger HC A8
4. Gen 3 Raptor (daily) to be upgraded with the
TRX when it arrives.

1. Pagani Huayra BC
2. Bugatti Chiron Pur Sport
3. Porsche Carrera GT
4. TRX - because I still need a truck…

Bro great mind think alike that would be my dream garage . I got the iroc z , waiting on the trx ,
Thanks. I just went with one of each for a daily, a sentimental car, an old American muscle car, and an exotic.

ZL1 1LE seems to be the ticket - looking to get back into into autocross abuse... And from a short background research of @Westphalracing, you have me beat in that arena eight ways to Sunday.
I offer my decade plus of racing experience because as a car guy, I would’ve loved that info 15+ years ago before I started sinking money into “fun cars” 😂

1LE’s are really impressive, especially at their price point.

If you can shed 100-200lbs off the car, you have a really sharp weapon for sub 100k.

Anderson composites makes some carbon bits, swap some seats for mechanical recaro or Sparco (sans airbag) and swap to a Li-Ion battery and you’re most of the way there!

here is what I have now for my stable right now

21’ mercedes GLS63
21’ 992 Turbo S cab black on black
22’ 992 GT3 Shark Blue
22’ McLaren 765lt (selling, it’s just too much for the street)
21’ TRX build in progress, completely redoing this one. Built motor getting swapped out now

Back