I’m surprised to see this beat a redeye

Seems suspect. The kid in the redeye knew little about it or how to drive it. In all fairness he referred to the supercharger whine as the sound from the "large air box"

The TRX will come off the line quicker with traction but the fact that it kept walking the redeye in most of the runs....the driver was afraid to get into it and traction/tires aren't great for racing in those conditions so had he got into it, it could have gotten squirrely fast. Need a warmer day on a better surface. Still cool tho

I have a Redeye challenger. There’s no way that car had traction in those temps. For sure that truck walked it in those conditions. If they videoed a little longer, that 180-200 would have come in on the Redeye and spanked it.

I have a Redeye challenger. There’s no way that car had traction in those temps. For sure that truck walked it in those conditions. If they videoed a little longer, that 180-200 would have come in on the Redeye and spanked it.

I think we need to do some science on this statement.... that and someone needs to record it!

TFL truck ran the TRX up against a new GT500 and it won every time they raced on an unprepped track / road. They raced a methanol injected RWD regular cab supercharged Tundra and beat it every time as well.

Again, Colorado, cold temps, summer tires, no bueno if you want to outrun a 700HP all wheel drive truck on snow rated tires
Then again, in the US, many days of the year are just no Bueno for rear wheel drive : )

Then again, in the US, many days of the year are just no Bueno for rear wheel drive : )
Whats the tire and size on the redeye? That car needs at least good 315’s out back. Anything else is silly and can’t get power down.

I'm not surprised at all, horrible conditions.
on the first race, they literally started on wet pavement. no way in hell that redeye is getting any traction and im sure the kid behind the wheel has no idea what hes doing. apples to apples that race is over right past the 60' lol

Whats the tire and size on the redeye? That car needs at least good 315’s out back. Anything else is silly and can’t get power down.
agreed...we've shared this sentiment before....they have always been "undertired" from day 1. hardest part of laying down 700 plus is that skinny ass tire

That was cool to see even if not 100% accurate.

Guess the awd really pays off bigger than I even realized!
It’s a setup. It’s a trap. The truck is fast but it isn’t that fast. There is always going to be some run that sets up one side to win.

agreed...we've shared this sentiment before....they have always been "undertired" from day 1. hardest part of laying down 700 plus is that skinny ass tire
Or in some cases the hardest part is knowing how to manage the power to minimize wheel spin and maximize speed.

I still think it is awesome. A truck that can go out on any road or lack there of in any conditions and pace let alone beat a demon. When you have to say a demon is way faster, BUT the temp happens to be between x and y, the demon has to have z tires, the barometric pressure has to be C, etc., I think it becomes impractical performance for me. Where I live conditions are rarely perfect, so the TRX is a big win. I've already bent a struck on the Colorado highways with my wife's X3 M40i, because we have so many damn pot holes, and that car is pretty versatile with respect to performance in many conditions. The fact I can drive the TRX like I stole it, hit every pothole and the road and veer off the road all together at will is awesome. And the fact I won't be timid to let it rip, because I'm scared I might break the rear loose and go into a death spin is a bonus.

I also have a Widebody Challenger Redeye and with decent traction it would take the TRX especially past the 1/8...

Weight helps a lot too,

AWD eliminates all traction excuses. Otherwise its my tires, the temperature, were not on a track...etc..

Imaging Hellcat Challenger with AWD. It would be unbeatable.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back