Hunters of the TRX world. Come on down

Wife got her an axis for her bday last may. And her first whitetail buck last year. I shot some does, but tryin to let her and the kids get the better stuff.... for now
65478.jpeg

300Blk with 110gr tsx ballistic tips at 50yards. Took 4 steps and died
View attachment 24163
Is that this year? Oregon? The owner of the company I work for just came back empty handed after 5 days out there, guess he wasn't looking hard enough. Really nice big buck, congrats to you as well!

Wife got her an axis for her bday last may. And her first whitetail buck last year. I shot some does, but tryin to let her and the kids get the better stuff.... for nowView attachment 24169
Way to go Mrs. Happypants, woohoo! I have no idea what that deer is but look at that head and rack!

Way to go Mrs. Happypants, woohoo! I have no idea what that deer is but look at that head and rack!
Oh man if you've never eaten axis you're missing out bad. The only reason we got on the lease we're on is cause there's axis and the owner wants them dead (so no limit like most places have). The horns do look cool too, but I'm all about their meat. We took that lease saying i don't care if i shoot a single whitetail on the place as long as we get a few axis.

Oh man if you've never eaten axis you're missing out bad. The only reason we got on the lease we're on is cause there's axis and the owner wants them dead (so no limit like most places have). The horns do look cool too, but I'm all about their meat. We took that lease saying i don't care if i shoot a single whitetail on the place as long as we get a few axis.
I'm going to find myself a Pit Boss smoker and some Axis meat this weekend! Unrelated, but some of my forum take-aways for the week. Thanks for the heads up on the deer!

I'm going to find myself a Pit Boss smoker and some Axis meat this weekend! Unrelated, but some of my forum take-aways for the week. Thanks for the heads up on the deer!
Green mountain grills! pit boss is nice, but green mountain is honestly a better product. your choice of course though, you wouldn't be unhappy with either one

Are you saying you dropped him with one shot from that circled area?? That was with a 700? I knew they were too much for what we had around here but didn't realize how powerful. Beautiful bull, congrats!
Yes, he dropped immediately. Thx!

post shot
20211001_072606.jpg

Is that this year? Oregon? The owner of the company I work for just came back empty handed after 5 days out there, guess he wasn't looking hard enough. Really nice big buck, congrats to you as well!
Yeah. Southwest Oregon. Bt’s are cagey bastards. Took me 5 years to kill my first.

Yeah. Southwest Oregon. Bt’s are cagey bastards. Took me 5 years to kill my first.
A lot of people don't realize how much harder they are to hunt than the whitetail. Cagey cagey cagey

Holy crap, that's a long shot! What's the drop at that distance? My 30-06 would be something like 108+ inches, so I could never take that shot.
I just use the Hornady app and load rifle specs along with bullet selection, then tune environmental/yardage/wind and it tells you what MOA adjustments to make. I love 30-06's, have the same browning stalker x in 30-06, but got the 7mm mag for these hunts.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back