Huge Price Increase

I reached out to my sales guy to confirm yesterday, and he told me again that the 12" screen, HK stereo, and HD radio are all part of Level 2. Don't know if there was a price bump though.
It depends on your options before, for me it was 3k, but my dealer contacted his rep and he is sending a code for price protection.

I haven't looked at this thread or the math but seems like if you ordered a level 2 truck with tech package and HK stereo the price difference isn't huge....for those that didn't want those features and are now "forced" into them its a big increase....I could be wrong though
You are correct, actually saving $215 compare to 2021 Lvl2 + HK + Tech group ($10210) VS 2022 updated Lvl2 ($9995).

I contacted my dealer and had them send me an updated POC from my original order 8/30/2021. As many have already learned, the MSRP for the new POC increased about $3K for me. I did put money down on my truck and signed a Buyers Agreement, which my dealer said locks in my price.

You are correct, actually saving $215 compare to 2021 Lvl2 + HK + Tech group ($10210) VS 2022 updated Lvl2 ($9995).
This is the bottom line. Many seem to be in a frenzy over this increase but in reality it just took them far too long to adjust the pricing on the 22 which now coming standard with the HK and Tech.
There was some people that got lucky and got the new standard level 2 features at no charge.

This is the bottom line. Many seem to be in a frenzy over this increase but in reality it just took them far too long to adjust the pricing on the 22 which now coming standard with the HK and Tech.
There was some people that got lucky and got the new standard level 2 features at no charge.
That's not comparing all the differences. Base price went up almost $3k as well...

Good point....people that ordered a truck without the tech and HK and locked in the old level 2 price really made out....in the end we're all spending a lot of money on a pick up....and having a few weeks of the truck under my belt I will say the few grand will be LONG forgotten....the truck is that good

I called Ram Cares and they confirmed that any price increase can be submitted by the dealer to honor the original POC. I also spoke with my dealer and they will honor and submit these items for the claim. Once the vehicle arrives these items can be submitted. This has to be done by the dealer for the claim.

What a F'ing mess. I ordered my truck on 5/30, Was stoked to see it was finally built and being transferred to shipping yard to make it's way to Huffines in Plano TX. Then I read the boards today all gitty about my truck coming and see the price increase news. within 7 days my price increased $3335!!! From $89,140 t0 $92,475 for the same exact truck! And increase taking effect the day my truck gets released from factory! I reached out to Travis Hallman at Huffines and they are towing the company line with the BS statement at the bottom of the POC. I was literally going to place another order this week on an Obsidian Grand Wagoneer with them for the wife. I would of been happy with even a "meet me half way" jesture of $1500ish. Now my truck will FINALLY be here in October and I may cancel this MSRP deal to just order one from Zach in Iowa. Hate they wont lease out of state but at $9K off MSRP that will cover all of my taxes, shipping to TX AND probably a chuck of mods for the truck! Another 4 months sounds painful when I'm so close to getting my truck but this is getting downright stupid. I have worked for multiple dealers in my life and know how flexible and customer service driven the good ones should be, if a guest is ordering $200K in cars (2) inside 4 months of each other and your stores avg sale is probably $50Kish and the customers are local to your store, you take care of them!!!! I can't even get a courtesy gesture out of them!

AND my rant has concluded. But I will go to bed mad with a fist full of whiskey figuring out my next move.

Last edited:
What a F'ing mess. I ordered my truck on 5/30, Was stoked to see it was finally built and being transferred to shipping yard to make it's way to Huffines in Plano TX. Then I read the boards today all gitty about my truck coming and see the price increase news. within 7 days my price increased $3335!!! From $89,140 t0 $92,475 for the same exact truck! And increase taking effect the day my truck gets released from factory! I reached out to Travis Hallman at Huffines and they are towing the company line with the BS statement at the bottom of the POC. I was literally going to place another order this week on an Obsidian Grand Wagoneer with them for the wife. I would of been happy with even a "meet me half way" jesture of $1500ish. Now my truck will FINALLY be here in October and I may cancel this MSRP deal to just order one from Zach in Ohio. Hate they wont lease out of state but at $9K off MSRP that will cover all of my taxes, shipping to TX AND probably a chuck of mods for the truck! Another 4 months sounds painful when I'm so close to getting my truck but this is getting downright stupid. I have worked for multiple dealers in my life and know how flexible and customer service driven the good ones should be, if a guest is ordering $200K in cars (2) inside 4 months of each other and your stores avg sale is probably $50Kish and the customers are local to your store, you take care of them!!!! I can't even get a courtesy gesture out of them!

AND my rant has concluded. But I will go to bed mad with a fist full of whiskey figuring out my next move.
how much was your reservation fee? because you'll lose that

Did you read what the guy above you said? dealer can claim the markup from manufacturer or so he was told by Ram directly

how much was your reservation fee? because you'll lose that

Did you read what the guy above you said? dealer can claim the markup from manufacturer or so he was told by Ram directly
$500 refundable. I just read that. I will be pressing that.

What a F'ing mess. I ordered my truck on 5/30, Was stoked to see it was finally built and being transferred to shipping yard to make it's way to Huffines in Plano TX. Then I read the boards today all gitty about my truck coming and see the price increase news. within 7 days my price increased $3335!!! From $89,140 t0 $92,475 for the same exact truck! And increase taking effect the day my truck gets released from factory! I reached out to Travis Hallman at Huffines and they are towing the company line with the BS statement at the bottom of the POC. I was literally going to place another order this week on an Obsidian Grand Wagoneer with them for the wife. I would of been happy with even a "meet me half way" jesture of $1500ish. Now my truck will FINALLY be here in October and I may cancel this MSRP deal to just order one from Zach in Ohio. Hate they wont lease out of state but at $9K off MSRP that will cover all of my taxes, shipping to TX AND probably a chuck of mods for the truck! Another 4 months sounds painful when I'm so close to getting my truck but this is getting downright stupid. I have worked for multiple dealers in my life and know how flexible and customer service driven the good ones should be, if a guest is ordering $200K in cars (2) inside 4 months of each other and your stores avg sale is probably $50Kish and the customers are local to your store, you take care of them!!!! I can't even get a courtesy gesture out of them!

Thanks, but I'm in Iowa. If it's any consolation it's the only other state with 4 letters and 3 vowels. 😉

Reach out to Ram Cares with the dealership and have them submit the claim for honoring the original price. Bunch of crap if they aren’t just to sell over msrp.

I signed a paper that has the dealership name on it, and as I said made a deposit. Talked to another sales person and he said the GM said don't worry about it...

I said "OK, send me a quick email from him for peace of mind...." I don't think that's happening...so who knows?

Good Luck to everyone!
I text the salesman today and he gave me a VIN and said the deal we made is still good, I would not have to pay price increase...

Performance in Dayton, OH is the dealer...

If you take the time to work the math its not much of an increase. My base from 2021 to 2022 went from 70325 to 73380 but my level 2 went down from 7920 in 2021 to 7750 in 2022 and that included the Tech group and HK 19 speakers. I did the math and my total price increase is about $695 from my 2021 to 2022 TRX. I will take that without complaint on this truck. I really enjoy my 2021 and really looking forward to the 2022 TRX. I just hope the 2022 is as reliable as the 2021 has been.

You are trading a 21 on a 22? Just for the Uconnect 5? Seems like a lot if time ane expense for an upgraded infotainment system.

You are trading a 21 on a 22? Just for the Uconnect 5? Seems like a lot if time ane expense for an upgraded infotainment system.
I'd do it in a second if the math worked. The new uconnect hardware/software is supposedly at least 4x quicker and a lot more user friendly. Plus the newer, new truck smell 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: qak
My dealer said that my price was locked in. I wonder if I change the wheel, would it void it. idk

I'd do it in a second if the math worked. The new uconnect hardware/software is supposedly at least 4x quicker and a lot more user friendly. Plus the newer, new truck smell 🤣

That's my point, hard to see how the math works. I like the system that is in there now. But I generally use it for basic stuff. Wireless android auto would be nice though.

I'm thinking of doing the same....locked a 2022 order at 4.4% under invoice at old pricing....it may not be worth the hassle for me though....I have my truck exactly where I want it....

Back