Huge Price Increase

KnightMare in a couple years every new vehicle will be over 100k. Inflation will hurt all of us. 25% of US Dollars in circulation were printed last year. The real world effect is devaluation of the dollars in your pocket. It will get much worse than what you have seen so far. Hey lets spend ten trillion more. You’re going to see $100 loafs of bread.
I'm investing in bread as we speak.

1632920533026.png

Tom is a man of his word from my experience, it just sounds like there was a bit of confusion after Stellantis hiked the prices. We ordered a Wrangler 392 from him for 6% under invoice and took delivery last month and are waiting for the TRX to be built that we ordered from him at the same time. By far the easiest and most honest buying experience I've had.

I got an updated poc today from Chapman. I wasn’t expecting another price increase.
Base price up $990
Level 2 up $2245
Freight up $100
Dealership said not price protected because didn’t sign Buyers Order when I placed the order. I wasn’t asked to sign a buyers order or put down a deposit. Just a heads up if you ordered from Chapman
My total price increased $1920 between original order date and window sticker. I have lvl 2 but don’t have Tech pack.

I just called dealer, my salesman is off today...GM not picking up the phone....I politely told another sales guy to figure it out. I did make a deposit, so we shall see...

I emailed Kurt at Performance this morning about the price increase, just waiting to hear back. I’m curious if anyone else has reached out to Performance about price protection?

I ordered on 8/16 and have a signed buyers order

I signed a paper that has the dealership name on it, and as I said made a deposit. Talked to another sales person and he said the GM said don't worry about it...

I said "OK, send me a quick email from him for peace of mind...." I don't think that's happening...so who knows?

Good Luck to everyone!

I emailed Kurt at Performance this morning about the price increase, just waiting to hear back. I’m curious if anyone else has reached out to Performance about price protection?

I called Performance, but it is in Dayton, OH...not sure if that is the same ownership?

If you take the time to work the math its not much of an increase. My base from 2021 to 2022 went from 70325 to 73380 but my level 2 went down from 7920 in 2021 to 7750 in 2022 and that included the Tech group and HK 19 speakers. I did the math and my total price increase is about $695 from my 2021 to 2022 TRX. I will take that without complaint on this truck. I really enjoy my 2021 and really looking forward to the 2022 TRX. I just hope the 2022 is as reliable as the 2021 has been.
Pretty sure level 2 went up to 9950, at least that is what is being reported.

If you take the time to work the math its not much of an increase. My base from 2021 to 2022 went from 70325 to 73380 but my level 2 went down from 7920 in 2021 to 7750 in 2022 and that included the Tech group and HK 19 speakers. I did the math and my total price increase is about $695 from my 2021 to 2022 TRX. I will take that without complaint on this truck. I really enjoy my 2021 and really looking forward to the 2022 TRX. I just hope the 2022 is as reliable as the 2021 has been.
If mine is not price protected, it’s a $3k increase from the time I ordered(8/16) to now. Lvl 2 is now $9995.

Guys I have added copies of my 2021 TRX and 2022 TRX Window stickers. My 2022 is cheaper because I did not order the cheap bed cover and ordered a Bakflip and I did not want to pay for the headlocks again. My dealer has agreed to let me swap the Black wheels and tires for the Beadlocks. SO its a win, win, he gets the new wheels and tires to put on the trade in TRX and I get to keep the Beadlocks without paying for them twice. Bottom line is it looks like a big increase but when you factor in the tech group and HK 19 speaker add on for level 2 trim the price increase is only $695. Shit I spend more than that in fuel in a month.

Your 2022 doesn't have HK or tech features in level 2 though. So maybe check in on that. Otherwise the actual price is up $2k.

I think the argument is that level 2 is almost $10k now. Your POC may be outdated. I could be wrong but this is what I’m gathering based on my due diligence.

My 2021 TRX level 2 price was $7920 without the tech group which was $1095 at the time and without the HK 19 speaker which was $1195 at the time. That comes out to $10,210 for those features in 2021. Now its $7750. I uploaded my windows stickers for 2021 and 2022 for reference in an earlier post if you want to compare for yourself. I am not comparing the POCs.
Level 2 is now $9950, not $7750.
Unless, you are locked in with price protection at $7750.

That’s because its built into level 2 for everyone now. That was a change for model year 2022. They both show on the build sheet.

I get what you're saying but what I'm saying is your window sticker does not show it. Maybe it'll be on there maybe it won't. We won't know until the first truck with a level 2 but no HK or tech pkg is delivered.

So my order also price protected?

i ordered with Ahslie on 9/24/2021
Here is my POC when we agreed.
Guys, as an attorney, and unless Stellantis has an approved form that it requires all dealers to use (which I doubt), my opinion is that there is no magic added to a document by calling it a "Buyer's Order" -- nor is there anything precluding you from adding the phrase to any document and making it into a "Buyer's Order".

Thus, why not take your POC which should show your order entry date (mine shows 9/18), handwrite the words "Buyer's Order" at the bottom, add a signature line, sign it, and return it to your dealer?

That way, you have a dated document (the POC shows the order entry date) that constitutes the buyer's intent to request an order, and it has the buyer's signature. Easy peasy.

Frankly, Stellantis can't complain because their objective is merely to be able to confirm that real buyers were the ones that requested the orders that generated the POC. Stellantis thus only needs to be able to verify that (a) there was a real buyer (all of your contact information is already in the POC, and now it has your signature); and (b) the date that those buyer's tendered their orders.

If a signed POC/Buyer's Order shows a date before the cutoff, then Stellantis should have no issue honoring the price protection. If after the cutoff, then it may not.

Scott.

Last edited:

Ordered from Performance - Kurt & Rick (sales) on 8/13. I reached out this afternoon as well and awaiting reply. LMK if you hear back and I'll do the same.

I reached out to my sales guy to confirm yesterday, and he told me again that the 12" screen, HK stereo, and HD radio are all part of Level 2. Don't know if there was a price bump though.

With the new price increase what is the new MSRP for TRX base before you add any options?

I haven't looked at this thread or the math but seems like if you ordered a level 2 truck with tech package and HK stereo the price difference isn't huge....for those that didn't want those features and are now "forced" into them its a big increase....I could be wrong though

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back