Huge Price Increase

Hellasaurus

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Military
Army
I get what you're saying but what I'm saying is your window sticker does not show it. Maybe it'll be on there maybe it won't. We won't know until the first truck with a level 2 but no HK or tech pkg is delivered.
2022 TRX build sheet attached. They are on there.

Attachments

• 2022 RAM TRX Buildsheet.pdf
    77.2 KB · Views: 90

BEAST489

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Audi A6
I emailed Kurt at Performance this morning about the price increase, just waiting to hear back. I’m curious if anyone else has reached out to Performance about price protection?

I ordered on 8/16 and have a signed buyers order
Ordered from Performance - Kurt & Rick (sales) on 8/13. I reached out this afternoon as well and awaiting reply. LMK if you hear back and I'll do the same.

ScottSad

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Current Ride #2
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Military
US Army
I reached out to my sales guy to confirm yesterday, and he told me again that the 12" screen, HK stereo, and HD radio are all part of Level 2. Don't know if there was a price bump though.

NotaTRX

TRX Member
Reaction score
With the new price increase what is the new MSRP for TRX base before you add any options?

shapiroeric

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 TRX
Military
USN
I haven't looked at this thread or the math but seems like if you ordered a level 2 truck with tech package and HK stereo the price difference isn't huge....for those that didn't want those features and are now "forced" into them its a big increase....I could be wrong though

John1632

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
GMC Sierra Denali
I reached out to my sales guy to confirm yesterday, and he told me again that the 12" screen, HK stereo, and HD radio are all part of Level 2. Don't know if there was a price bump though.
It depends on your options before, for me it was 3k, but my dealer contacted his rep and he is sending a code for price protection.

amg55driver

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 TRX
I haven't looked at this thread or the math but seems like if you ordered a level 2 truck with tech package and HK stereo the price difference isn't huge....for those that didn't want those features and are now "forced" into them its a big increase....I could be wrong though
You are correct, actually saving $215 compare to 2021 Lvl2 + HK + Tech group ($10210) VS 2022 updated Lvl2 ($9995).

Evil_German

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Laramie
I contacted my dealer and had them send me an updated POC from my original order 8/30/2021. As many have already learned, the MSRP for the new POC increased about $3K for me. I did put money down on my truck and signed a Buyers Agreement, which my dealer said locks in my price.

Mxsledder

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Raptor
You are correct, actually saving $215 compare to 2021 Lvl2 + HK + Tech group ($10210) VS 2022 updated Lvl2 ($9995).
This is the bottom line. Many seem to be in a frenzy over this increase but in reality it just took them far too long to adjust the pricing on the 22 which now coming standard with the HK and Tech.
There was some people that got lucky and got the new standard level 2 features at no charge.

ZTRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
This is the bottom line. Many seem to be in a frenzy over this increase but in reality it just took them far too long to adjust the pricing on the 22 which now coming standard with the HK and Tech.
There was some people that got lucky and got the new standard level 2 features at no charge.
That's not comparing all the differences. Base price went up almost $3k as well...

shapiroeric

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 TRX
Military
USN

Good point....people that ordered a truck without the tech and HK and locked in the old level 2 price really made out....in the end we're all spending a lot of money on a pick up....and having a few weeks of the truck under my belt I will say the few grand will be LONG forgotten....the truck is that good

daoliva

Patiently waiting….
Reaction score
I called Ram Cares and they confirmed that any price increase can be submitted by the dealer to honor the original POC. I also spoke with my dealer and they will honor and submit these items for the claim. Once the vehicle arrives these items can be submitted. This has to be done by the dealer for the claim.

Texas TRX

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Cadillac Escalade
What a F'ing mess. I ordered my truck on 5/30, Was stoked to see it was finally built and being transferred to shipping yard to make it's way to Huffines in Plano TX. Then I read the boards today all gitty about my truck coming and see the price increase news. within 7 days my price increased $3335!!! From $89,140 t0 $92,475 for the same exact truck! And increase taking effect the day my truck gets released from factory! I reached out to Travis Hallman at Huffines and they are towing the company line with the BS statement at the bottom of the POC. I was literally going to place another order this week on an Obsidian Grand Wagoneer with them for the wife. I would of been happy with even a "meet me half way" jesture of $1500ish. Now my truck will FINALLY be here in October and I may cancel this MSRP deal to just order one from Zach in Iowa. Hate they wont lease out of state but at $9K off MSRP that will cover all of my taxes, shipping to TX AND probably a chuck of mods for the truck! Another 4 months sounds painful when I'm so close to getting my truck but this is getting downright stupid. I have worked for multiple dealers in my life and know how flexible and customer service driven the good ones should be, if a guest is ordering $200K in cars (2) inside 4 months of each other and your stores avg sale is probably $50Kish and the customers are local to your store, you take care of them!!!! I can't even get a courtesy gesture out of them!

AND my rant has concluded. But I will go to bed mad with a fist full of whiskey figuring out my next move.

Last edited:

NotaTRX

TRX Member
Reaction score
What a F'ing mess. I ordered my truck on 5/30, Was stoked to see it was finally built and being transferred to shipping yard to make it's way to Huffines in Plano TX. Then I read the boards today all gitty about my truck coming and see the price increase news. within 7 days my price increased $3335!!! From $89,140 t0 $92,475 for the same exact truck! And increase taking effect the day my truck gets released from factory! I reached out to Travis Hallman at Huffines and they are towing the company line with the BS statement at the bottom of the POC. I was literally going to place another order this week on an Obsidian Grand Wagoneer with them for the wife. I would of been happy with even a "meet me half way" jesture of $1500ish. Now my truck will FINALLY be here in October and I may cancel this MSRP deal to just order one from Zach in Ohio. Hate they wont lease out of state but at $9K off MSRP that will cover all of my taxes, shipping to TX AND probably a chuck of mods for the truck! Another 4 months sounds painful when I'm so close to getting my truck but this is getting downright stupid. I have worked for multiple dealers in my life and know how flexible and customer service driven the good ones should be, if a guest is ordering $200K in cars (2) inside 4 months of each other and your stores avg sale is probably $50Kish and the customers are local to your store, you take care of them!!!! I can't even get a courtesy gesture out of them!

AND my rant has concluded. But I will go to bed mad with a fist full of whiskey figuring out my next move.
how much was your reservation fee? because you'll lose that

Did you read what the guy above you said? dealer can claim the markup from manufacturer or so he was told by Ram directly

Texas TRX

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Cadillac Escalade
how much was your reservation fee? because you'll lose that

Did you read what the guy above you said? dealer can claim the markup from manufacturer or so he was told by Ram directly
$500 refundable. I just read that. I will be pressing that.

Zach@Granger

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ford Mustang
What a F'ing mess. I ordered my truck on 5/30, Was stoked to see it was finally built and being transferred to shipping yard to make it's way to Huffines in Plano TX. Then I read the boards today all gitty about my truck coming and see the price increase news. within 7 days my price increased $3335!!! From $89,140 t0 $92,475 for the same exact truck! And increase taking effect the day my truck gets released from factory! I reached out to Travis Hallman at Huffines and they are towing the company line with the BS statement at the bottom of the POC. I was literally going to place another order this week on an Obsidian Grand Wagoneer with them for the wife. I would of been happy with even a "meet me half way" jesture of $1500ish. Now my truck will FINALLY be here in October and I may cancel this MSRP deal to just order one from Zach in Ohio. Hate they wont lease out of state but at $9K off MSRP that will cover all of my taxes, shipping to TX AND probably a chuck of mods for the truck! Another 4 months sounds painful when I'm so close to getting my truck but this is getting downright stupid. I have worked for multiple dealers in my life and know how flexible and customer service driven the good ones should be, if a guest is ordering $200K in cars (2) inside 4 months of each other and your stores avg sale is probably $50Kish and the customers are local to your store, you take care of them!!!! I can't even get a courtesy gesture out of them!

Thanks, but I'm in Iowa. If it's any consolation it's the only other state with 4 letters and 3 vowels. 😉

daoliva

Patiently waiting….
Reaction score
Reach out to Ram Cares with the dealership and have them submit the claim for honoring the original price. Bunch of crap if they aren’t just to sell over msrp.

Latest Discussions...

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton