Huge Price Increase

Steiger

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX Billet Silver level 2
I got an updated poc today from Chapman. I wasn’t expecting another price increase.
Base price up $990
Level 2 up $2245
Freight up $100
Dealership said not price protected because didn’t sign Buyers Order when I placed the order. I wasn’t asked to sign a buyers order or put down a deposit. Just a heads up if you ordered from Chapman

RobR651

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 Ram 1500
I got an updated poc today from Chapman. I wasn’t expecting another price increase.
Base price up $990
Level 2 up $2245
Freight up $100
Dealership said not price protected because didn’t sign Buyers Order when I placed the order. I wasn’t asked to sign a buyers order or put down a deposit. Just a heads up if you ordered from Chapman
That sucks that’s quite the increase.

ZTRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Base price up $990
Level 2 up $2245
Freight up $100
Do you have a pic of the POC on this? Curious what the invoice pricing is?

JumpSquadAuto

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2020 C8 Corvette
Well level 2 went up because doesn't it now includes the advanced tech package and sound system? Haven't kept up with the 2022 details so could be wrong.

Johnkn

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX Pending
OP are you certain the L2 went up? I ordered 2 weeks ago and received my POC, then last week I requested a detailed POC and my destination and base went up like yours, but my L2 MSRP remained $7750..

ZTRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
OP are you certain the L2 went up? I ordered 2 weeks ago and received my POC, then last week I requested a detailed POC and my destination and base went up like yours, but my L2 MSRP remained $7750..

Ya just went up today

Imaposer

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 ram sport - hydro blue
that is shady imo.

It's typical of the large volume dealers. They don't want to play the games to get price protected refunds from the manufacturers, so they make the deals based on the current price at the time of delivery. Especially when they don't even take a down payment. It's a volume thing. I'll email my local dealer who I ordered from first, and should be price protected, and chapman for a new POC and ask about the price change even though I know the answer. Then I'll have to reconsider if I want to bother with the long distance purchase when it won't be nearly as much of a difference with my local order if they do price protect me.

Imaposer

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 ram sport - hydro blue

Ask for a current one. I'll bet they all got the increase just before they started shipping them within the last day or so.

OP
S

Steiger

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX Billet Silver level 2

Yes I am sure

Johnkn

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX Pending
I ordered from Tom in PA and for me it’s not the $3k, it’s the principal that it’s gone up $3k in 2 weeks when the correct pricing should have been available from the factory Day 1.

916ghost

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
Audi Rs5
Current Ride #2
71 c10
I also just confirmed this! I also just talked to them on Friday about the previous price increase and they are just now telling me if I had a signed order then it would be protected. Said nothing in this regard last week. Also when I originally placed the order I asked if I need to sign anything or give a deposit and was told neither are necessary. So I fell a lil bit miss lead at this point and makes me a lil worry of what else will happen before the truck arrives. Many members said good things about Chapman so I figured I had nothing to worry about. Im close to calling off the whole deal tbh. I can see the discount disappearing before the truck is built at this rate. Especially since I walked if I need to sign the deal on 8-20 when ordered. Very frustrating!!

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton