How will the TRX ride and any idea on next allocations?

timinnd

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
I have a 2017 Ford Raptor. Ride is "average" at best in town on streets. How will the TRX ride? I don't beat the crap out of my "drive pickup" (I have a a different one to haul stuff, hunt, beat around in, etc). Will the TRX ride anywhere nearly as smooth as the Rebel?

Also, tried buying TRX in Fargo ND. Had it worked out, sales person called to take my down payment, and at that point, she said "And the sales manager has decided to go 10k over MSRP"

I said "Sorry. I don't play that. I'll wait til someone sells to me at MSRP" and basically hung up. This was around Aug 20-24 or so.

I called back yesterday...just to see where they were at...and they said they'd sell one AT MSRP. I said "uhhh....which one? The one with the build that I ordered?" He said "no, we built it to our specs and ordered it, but will sell it at MSRP"

I said "Uhhh...that's a crock of crap. You can tell your sales manager that"

That being said...again...my 2 questions:
1.) How will ride be compared to Raptor? Rebel?
2.) Any idea when the next allocations will come out?

Thanks

I have a 2017 Ford Raptor. Ride is "average" at best in town on streets. How will the TRX ride? I don't beat the crap out of my "drive pickup" (I have a a different one to haul stuff, hunt, beat around in, etc). Will the TRX ride anywhere nearly as smooth as the Rebel?

Also, tried buying TRX in Fargo ND. Had it worked out, sales person called to take my down payment, and at that point, she said "And the sales manager has decided to go 10k over MSRP"

I said "Sorry. I don't play that. I'll wait til someone sells to me at MSRP" and basically hung up. This was around Aug 20-24 or so.

I called back yesterday...just to see where they were at...and they said they'd sell one AT MSRP. I said "uhhh....which one? The one with the build that I ordered?" He said "no, we built it to our specs and ordered it, but will sell it at MSRP"

Thanks
Greedy Bastards!! Yeah I wouldn’t put up with that either. No idea on next allocations. And I hope that it is better than or as good as the rebel.

Greedy Bastards!! Yeah I wouldn’t put up with that either. No idea on next allocations. And I hope that it is better than or as good as the rebel.

Well.... I mean...that's their choice...my problem is....
1.) First said I pay MSRP, 85k
2.) Then said 95k for 85k MSRP build (I said ZERO chance I do that--this was at end of August)
3.) Then yesterday they said MSRP for any of the ones they used their allocation on (they chose the build--none are what I want)

Basically, when all was said and done, they said "If you build it for 85k, its gonna cost you95K. If we build it for 85k, its gonna cost you 85k"

I wish they had some released to the press for drive impressions but we'll find out as they hit the streets.
When I was in the market for a Demon I went online and did like a bulk email to all the dealers in the area to find one, found a couple but all were wayyy over MSRP

Thanks

My dealership said they should get more allocations in January....we will see...

Thanks
If the Rebel you rode/drove had the 4 corner independent air suspension, then no the TRX will not have anywhere near as smooth of a ride, I have been in older bentlys that didn't ride as smooth as 2019+ Rams with the air suspension (not being hyperbolic the ram air suspension is really that good).

The problem that you have with the ride quality on your raptor and the TRX will certainly be the same is across the board the more capable off road the vehicle is the rougher and louder the ride is on smooth pavement and both trucks are custom built to handle high speed off road racing. Within the off road category of vehicles you can obviously have smoother and rougher rides and I can also say from experience the Raptor is far more comfortable than any straight axle vehicle like a wrangler or Power Wagon on or off road.

If you want to make a smoother pavement ride on an off road vehicle the best bet is to replace the giant heavy noisy wheels and tires with a set of smaller highway wheels and tires and swap on the OEM for winter and off road trips which is my plan. It won't be as nice as the air ride suspension but you will be amazed at how much smoother and quiter the ride gets with some good highway tires.

The definition of owning a TRX is having your cake and eating it too, you shouldn't be able to beat a Porsche off the line with a truck bed full of lumber to take out into the middle of the woods where there are no roads and build yourself a cabin....But Mopar made it happen and I love them for it so I am willing to give up my super comfortable ride and slightly higher towing and payload of my 1500 for this abomination of engineering.

I had a 2018 Raptor. I specifically sold it because it rode super rough and beat up my kidneys daily... Hope the Ram has a smoother ride.

My 2014 raptor rode great! Rode nicer than my 550i or the wife’s X5. Now how much of that is tire pressure I can’t be sure, but I typically run my PSI lower that most folks, except when departing for a long highway trip, where I go up 5-15%. Even my wife always chose the Raptor for trips. My current 2018 F150 Platinum does not ride as nice as the Raptor either that is partly a tire wheel issue with a much lower profile tire, and much larger OEM WHEELS.
ultimately you can do a lot with PSI and tire.

I was kind of hoping with the long suspension travel that it would ride decent. Not expecting it to ride on a cloud but would hope better than a 3/4 ton.

I currently drive a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. It rides MUCH better on the street/highway than I initially would have expected. How would everyone think the street/highway ride comfort of the TRX will be as compared to the 2020 Gladiator Rubicon?

I currently drive a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. It rides MUCH better on the street/highway than I initially would have expected. How would everyone think the street/highway ride comfort of the TRX will be as compared to the 2020 Gladiator Rubicon?
I test drove the Rubicon and was contemplating a Mojave Gladiator before deciding on the TRX. I forecast better riding with the Ram.
I'm 6'4" and I felt the Gladiator to be a little tight for me. It was not a real physical fit problem, just a feeling.

MAXGroup - Thanks for the feedback. My local dealer told me he expected the TRX street/highway ride to be as smooth as the regular Ram 1500, but I find that a little hard to believe considering all of the off-road tweaks on the TRX.

I test drove the Rubicon and was contemplating a Mojave Gladiator before deciding on the TRX. I forecast better riding with the Ram.
I'm 6'4" and I felt the Gladiator to be a little tight for me. It was not a real physical fit problem, just a feeling.
6'4" as well and I feel tight in my wife's GC. One of the MAIN reasons I am excited for a truck with a 6.2

Do you expect any type of "bumpy" or "stiff" ride from the TRX?

Do you expect any type of "bumpy" or "stiff" ride from the TRX?
If the TRX Sport Mode is anything like my Challenger then it will be very stiff. I would not expect "bumpy" with the reservoir shocks on these trucks. They absorb all the road stuff.

If the TRX Sport Mode is anything like my Challenger then it will be very stiff. I would not expect "bumpy" with the reservoir shocks on these trucks. They absorb all the road stuff.
Normally I would assume that a truck will have a harsher ride but the current Ran 1500 has a very nice ride.
Also I believe long travel suspension tends to be less harsh than short travel, so I don't think the sport mode will be as stiff as on the Challenger.

A month ago, I contacted the 2 dealers closest to me and was told by both they were requiring ADM to place an order. In the last 2 days, both have contacted me saying they have TRX allocations to sell. One, an owner backed-out but the dealer wouldn't answer about ADM. The 2nd said they were still asking ADM but would "take an offer to his manager". Long story short, I think the initial "fever" has broken and dealers may be coming back to reality. However, I expect a 2nd wave when the first trucks start getting in owner hands and, if they are bada** as advertised, we might see another round of ADM demands. I am thinking there will be below MSRP deals after the new year......but that's just one man's opinion.

Back