How tall is the TRX in Inches with the ram bar anyone know?

tankengine

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX Launch Edition
Current Ride #2
E30 M3 x 3 - E30 325i Cabrio - E46 M3 Slicktop - F30 328d
Military
my own army
i just purchased a trx and the basement garage to my place has a sign which says 6 feet and 10 inches clearance max (2.08 meteres)

how tall is the trx with the ram bar does anyone know exactly ?

thx

Sorry no one has responded to this yet.

Standard height off the assembly line is 80.9 inches, which means even without the ram bar this truck will be taller than your 6‘10“ garage height limitation you just mentioned above.

If you add the Ram Bar I would assume you could probably add at least another 3 inches to that height. I get my truck in a couple of weeks and I can tell you for sure what the height is with the Ram Bar.

Either way, looks like this will not fit in your garage height limitation. You would be cutting it really close!

Last edited:
Someone else awhile back on the fb page stated they had an 83" garage and their TRX with the ram bar just barely fit. I also have an 83" garage so fingers crossed!

I have the rambar and mine fit in the garage. It’s the standard 7’ opening. I am guessing I have about 3/4 of an inch clearance.

I have the rambar and mine fit in the garage. It’s the standard 7’ opening. I am guessing I have about 3/4 of an inch clearance.
That makes sense, 7 foot is 84 inches and if you had slightly less than an inch clearance and that puts the truck a little over 83 inches tall with a RamBar. Which would be 6 foot 11 inches.

i guess i will be finding out in 3 weeks or so

Standard height off the assembly line is 80.9 inches, which means even without the ram bar this truck will be taller than your 6‘10“ garage height limitation you just mentioned above.

If you add the Ram Bar I would assume you could probably add at least another 3 inches to that height. I get my truck in a couple of weeks and I can tell you for sure what the height is with the Ram Bar.

Either way, looks like this will not fit in your garage height limitation. You would be cutting it really close!
:rolleyes: @tankengine, I hear scraping on the concrete ceiling above.... that would be a deal with the devil you probably don't want to make....

Thus, I need fold-a-way lights! :)

hi tkdr6, thank you for the response, the basement is 2.08 meters which is 81.8 inches, yes i will have to remove the rambar for now but at least it will fit in the garage thank god lol, i am selling the place to move elsewhere so i be rambarless for a short time lol

thx !

I am in same boat kinda but more so trying to find out if I can get into my parking garage at work once I get the truck lol... But from what has been posted so far it is looking like I am pretty fucked at the moment lol.

You need 7 feet for the TRX without the rambar, depends on how far above the shark fin the bar sits

You need 7 feet for the TRX without the rambar, depends on how far above the shark fin the bar sits
Damn I am fucked for that parking garage lol. they have an entrace height max of 6'10''

Did it fit?
Unfortunately I haven't received my truck yet so don't know. My truck has been at the railyard for a week so just waiting for it to be transferred to the dealership.

My TRX arrived last week. My garage is 84” With the Rambar, it easily clears, with maybe a half inch to spare. So, TRX height with a Rambar is less than 84”, probably around 83.5”

My TRX arrived last week. My garage is 84” With the Rambar, it easily clears, with maybe a half inch to spare. So, TRX height with a Rambar is less than 84”, probably around 83.5”
Hi there!! could you please measure just the gap between the roof and what the rambar adds? We already know that the truck is 80.9 , it would be great to see just the gap there, thank you!

Just wanted to thank the forum for the information. My neck is broken so she had to go to a drive through car wash with a rambar. Carwash clearance was 7 foot and it just barely fit as planned. Happy trails everyone

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back