How many of you guys are in D1 status?

CeRam

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 trailboss midnight edition
Does anyone know how many orders are in D1 status?

I stopped asking. Figured I would check again when I heard they actually built one or that production had really started.

I stopped asking. Figured I would check again when I heard they actually built one or that production had really started.
Agree! A couple of weeks ago my salesman said he checked on mine, and still in "D" - has been for months.

That's what I have decided to do as well. It just upsets me when things haven't moved...so better not ask. Wait a month of 3 and I will reach back out to them. At this point I am hoping it doesn't come until spring as the salts already on the road :(

Over 3 months since order and don't even have a Vin. I stopped asking the dealer. Figure I'll check back in March and if they don't have a production date by then, I will just cancel and circle back once the hype dies down.

Over 3 months since order and don't even have a Vin. I stopped asking the dealer. Figure I'll check back in March and if they don't have a production date by then, I will just cancel and circle back once the hype dies down.

I was fortunate enough to receive a VIN but I am still on D status.

Last I updated the tracker a couple weeks ago there were around 16 in D1. I know a couple posted on FB that they were further in paint and others that were downgraded to D. At this point, a couple people are running scripts daily to check all the VIN's so when one of them chimes in that a windows stick popped up then I'll worry about worrying my dealer if I've moved out of D yet.

But once Feb hits, and I don't have my build, I'm out and will be waiting on a '22

I can't wait till we can start talking about actual trucks rather than this bag of sadness

Officially speaking my truck is in status D, soulsea status is YBGMFTDDTMBTEOTMOIO
(you better get my fing truck delivery date to me by the end of the month or I'm out)

Being that it’s the end of the year I highly doubt they’re going to go in to production in December. Just taking a look outside the box plenty of industries wind down in December. January takes a while to ramp up. I’m sure they won’t start building till February. I hope that I’m wrong.

You are not wrong. You may even be optimistic. If I did not have a Failure to Launch Edition on order, I would probably cancel and wait for the 2022’s. I am getting the suspicion that anything built in 2020 or early 2021 is going to be a crapshoot quality wise.
That's another reason I've been debating lately about switching my LE order to a non-LE in Hydro Blue and probably getting pushed to the end of the line. If I'm going to wait much longer, I might as well get the exact color I want and save a few grand as I don't need CF stuff from LE, especially when the Anvil color is already being devalued by plastering it on so many other FCA vehicles.

Last I updated the tracker a couple weeks ago there were around 16 in D1. I know a couple posted on FB that they were further in paint and others that were downgraded to D. At this point, a couple people are running scripts daily to check all the VIN's so when one of them chimes in that a windows stick popped up then I'll worry about worrying my dealer if I've moved out of D yet.

But once Feb hits, and I don't have my build, I'm out and will be waiting on a '22
How did you use a tracker with the vin? I would like to do that also

Being that it’s the end of the year I highly doubt they’re going to go in to production in December. Just taking a look outside the box plenty of industries wind down in December. January takes a while to ramp up. I’m sure they won’t start building till February. I hope that I’m wrong.
Hope you are wrong too, but makes sense...

That's another reason I've been debating lately about switching my LE order to a non-LE in Hydro Blue and probably getting pushed to the end of the line. If I'm going to wait much longer, I might as well get the exact color I want and save a few grand as I don't need CF stuff from LE, especially when the Anvil color is already being devalued by plastering it on so many other FCA vehicles.
Do not cancel your LE you will regret it.

It is disheartening to say but a good amount of people are seriously considering scrapping their TRX orders soon because of how poorly Ram and FCA have handled communication. Covid can be a production issue but it isn't an excuse for poor communication. It will be a great truck for the limited people that will get it but just speaking my peace/heart, for me its about the fun of buying a new car/truck and enjoying that experience and hype but Ram has kind of killed that fun.

I have yet to speak to anyone at Ram/FCA that seems to care about it which also feels bad. Since my dealer doesn't even feel like they will have a single allocation at this rate, I might as well wait a year, skip this experience, and save a few thousand once the hype wears off. :(

It is disheartening to say but a good amount of people are seriously considering scrapping their TRX orders soon because of how poorly Ram and FCA have handled communication. Covid can be a production issue but it isn't an excuse for poor communication. It will be a great truck for the limited people that will get it but just speaking my peace/heart, for me its about the fun of buying a new car/truck and enjoying that experience and hype but Ram has kind of killed that fun.

I have yet to speak to anyone at Ram/FCA that seems to care about it which also feels bad. Since my dealer doesn't even feel like they will have a single allocation at this rate, I might as well wait a year, skip this experience, and save a few thousand once the hype wears off. :(
I don't get why the FCA reps for the dealers don't seem to go up their chain to the top to get accurate and reliable info for the customers! At the local level, I realize that my sales guy is only interested in the sale he is making today - but at some point, someone along the chain is going to have to address the delays and say something...

I do wonder whether accurate/reliable information actually exists during a pandemic with unreliable supply chain and a risky working environment. Further they aren't "late" yet; they have said 4th quarter production all along. As frustrating as it is, I actually believe that they are not sure with any reasonable degree of confidence so rather than tell us one thing and then come back a week or two later and say something else, they are just keeping quiet. I thought someone reported that the "official" FCA communication was now early 1st quarter (which frankly could just be a more obvious result of it being almost mid-December with no production yet). With all that said, I do tend to agree that ANY sort of communication would be better than NO communication but I bet they are basing their communication decisions on prior experience, marketing experts, etc. who presumably have led them well in the past. TRX's sold out quickly; people are cancelling but I am sure getting new buyers just as quickly.

I would rather have more communication and also believe that is better but you asked "why they arent" and just sharing some thoughts. I want my truck but also got comfortable with "it will come when it comes and there isn't much i can do about it". More crap to worry about these days and I frankly get no sympathy from anyone other than this thread. They pretty much shake their head when I complain that my 100K truck is delayed.

I do wonder whether accurate/reliable information actually exists during a pandemic with unreliable supply chain and a risky working environment. Further they aren't "late" yet; they have said 4th quarter production all along. As frustrating as it is, I actually believe that they are not sure with any reasonable degree of confidence so rather than tell us one thing and then come back a week or two later and say something else, they are just keeping quiet. I thought someone reported that the "official" FCA communication was now early 1st quarter (which frankly could just be a more obvious result of it being almost mid-December with no production yet). With all that said, I do tend to agree that ANY sort of communication would be better than NO communication but I bet they are basing their communication decisions on prior experience, marketing experts, etc. who presumably have led them well in the past. TRX's sold out quickly; people are cancelling but I am sure getting new buyers just as quickly.

I would rather have more communication and also believe that is better but you asked "why they arent" and just sharing some thoughts. I want my truck but also got comfortable with "it will come when it comes and there isn't much i can do about it". More crap to worry about these days and I frankly get no sympathy from anyone other than this thread. They pretty much shake their head when I complain that my 100K truck is delayed.
They said Q4 once we got to Q4 and they had no answer. At launch production was suppose to start in October with deliveries before thanksgiving was the claim. I went through a C8 Corvette order during this pandemic and was at least informed the whole way through with consistent updates along the way from the top down. Dates were not available for orders more then 2 months out but delays and hurdles were communicated out to dealers every Thursday and to most customers Friday morning. GM stood up a corvette concierge team to specifically tackle the c8 order challenges for customers.

Almost everything about the TRX has been back channel information. This forum is more informed then most dealers. My sales rep tried to tell me don't worry, the first wave of trucks have been built and shipped out to customers so I should get an update soon which is clearly not the case. It just seems like bad business.

You are right about one thing. We at least have each other in this forum *group hug moment* :)

Last edited:
I went through a C8 Corvette order during this pandemic and was at least informed the whole way through with consistent updates along the way from the top down. Dates were not available for orders more then 2 months out but delays and hurdles were communicated out to dealers every Thursday and to customers Friday morning. GM stood up a corvette concierge team too specifically tackle the c8 order challenges for customers.

Everything about the TRX has been back channel information. This forum is more informed then most dealers. My sales rep tried to tell me don't worry, the first wave of trucks have been built and shipped out to customers so I should get an update soon which is clearly not the case. It just seems like bad business.

You are right about one thing. We at least have each other in this forum *group hug moment* :)
Completely agree with you. The support of TRX owners for each other is huge. We wouldn't know 1/2 of what is going on with our trucks if it wasn't for this awesome forum!

I wholeheartedly agree they could have done a better job; was just thinking for what reasons they wouldn't.

Good thoughts. I agree if there are several variables at play, they run a big risk communicating something now and then having to change the message 2-3 times. They have given themselves the Q4 grace period, but now are in a spot where they need to realign expectations with their customers (as Q4 closes).

There may have also been a competitive piece. Now that Ford has communicated the Bronco delays, they can communicate their delay without as much fear of FCA specific “bad press”. (more industry-wide)

All that said, they have had time to get ducks in a row and need to communicate something before Xmas.

Back