How long do I have to pick up TRX after arrival at dealership?

AlaskanTRX

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
I have a vehicle that I will be getting rid of prior to the finalized purchase of my TRX. Pending trade in prices, I may try to sell private party. How long is a dealership typically "ok with"/obligated to hold my order after its arrival before selling it to the next guy?

BlueTRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
I have a vehicle that I will be getting rid of prior to the finalized purchase of my TRX. Pending trade in prices, I may try to sell private party. How long is a dealership typically "ok with"/obligated to hold my order after its arrival before selling it to the next guy?
It's mainly communication between the parties. Dealers have allocation for vehicles these days meaning they cant order many others until a portion of current sales are finalized. In other words, you could, depending on the size of you dealer, be holding them back and some shady dealers wont think twice, even with deposit.
Go see the salesman/manager face to face and explain what you have going. They could give you a date to buy the truck at latest...

2Papi

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Toyota 2010
Current Ride #2
Tesla y
That TRX won't seat for long....

RobsTRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2016 supercharged Silverado
Dealers ALWAYS do what's good for them, do what's good for you. Think about it, how long did you wait for it? They can wait.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton