How Are the Thieves Getting Into the Truck?

“California Compliant” AR
That would be one of these:

1707633432930.png

Sounds like your wife needs some more training. Mine would have been outside with her AR in hand making sure no one was in the truck. 😶‍🌫️
She's never shot our AR. She could've used the 9mm I guess though.

Sorry, but the mag is too large for CA
Purchased during "freedom week" when Judge Benitez temporarily enjoined CA from enforcing their mag ban, and everyone mad-scrambled to buy up the 30-rounders, before it was overturned on appeal to the 9th....

oh, fer chrissakes - it was a JOKE! :ROFLMAO:

Purchased during "freedom week" when Judge Benitez temporarily enjoined CA from enforcing their mag ban, and everyone mad-scrambled to buy up the 30-rounders, before it was overturned on appeal to the 9th....

oh, fer chrissakes - it was a JOKE! :ROFLMAO:
I know it was. But I'm sure that there are a lot of people in CA that wish there could be a "freedom year."

Sounds like your wife needs some more training. Mine would have been outside with her AR in hand making sure no one was in the truck. 😶‍🌫️
I'm just gonna say, I value my wife far, far more than I value that truck. Too many variables there for me to risk her safety: How determined are the thieves? How are they armed? What is their risk tolerance? Are THEY combat vets? Do they have an undetermined number of associates prepared to lay down covering fire?
As a combat vet myself, I am all too familiar with how quickly situations can go from bad to worse. While I would generally be willing to engage myself, I'd rather they have the truck than my wife. To be sure, my wife is a spoiled suburban housewife, and your wife may have mad skills, so I'm not tearing you down if that's the case.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna say, I value my wife far, far more than I value that truck. Too many variables there for me to risk her safety: How determined are the thieves? How are they armed? What is their risk tolerance? Are THEY combat vets? Do they have an undetermined number of associates prepared to lay down covering fire?
As a combat vet myself, I am all too familiar with how quickly situations can go from bad to worse. While I would generally be willing to engage myself, I'd rather they have the truck then my wife. To be sure, my wife is a spoiled suburban housewife, and your wife may have mad skills, so I'm not tearing you down if that's the case.
You are looking at it WRONG. I would throw my wife in with the truck...it would be cheaper. Let the bad guys put up with her crap for 30 minutes. They would would probably return her and the truck within an hour and throw in a recently "acquired" Challenger for my 17 years of suffering. :)

they aren’t allowed to have tactical ARs in commiefornia
This was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I ordered a Radian Model 1, which was a $3,000 AR. When it came 9 months later, it had a 10 round mag that you had to open the receiver to release, a duck bill on the grip and a pinned stock. They "allowed" me to buy 10 rounds of 5.56 because I spent 3K on an AR. You couldn't get 5.56 anywhere in CA. Moved to AZ, stopped by the gun store, grabbed a Magpul grip, 2,000 rounds of 5.56 and some 30 round mags, popped the pin and now I'm in business. I can buy any non-machine gun I want here and be out the door in 3 minutes. I can take that gun and put it in my pocket or glove box and not worry about my government incarcerating me.

Ammo is everywhere. I can get it at Ace Hardware. The best thing I ever did was leave that communist state.

BTW, I also have Compustar and IGLA and IGLA gives me massive piece of mind. I park outside and in some sketch spots and don't worry at all about my truck being stolen.

Well, up here in Ontario&Quebec it goes something like this. They typically use a long hook through the front grill, pull the horn wires off. Then go over to the drivers door and punch a small hole, put a pick through the hole and lift up the door lock pin. They then open the door, alarm is triggered but only lights are flashing, no sound due to no horn being connected. They then proceed to plug into the SGW (security gate way) module, delete all your keys, reprogram their new amazon keyfob then drive your truck away. Once far enough distance away the pull over, unplug the infotainment center fuse (no gps tracking now) and search for any other trackers. Leave vehicle in a parking lot or garage for a few hrs to see if they missed trackers. Go back to vehicle, see no cops they proceed to take the truck to a warehouse, port, chopshop etc. If they see cops at the truck, they caulk it up as a loss and move on to the next one. Minimal damage due to their skillset/ability to steal these as quick and clean as possible nets them more profit.
- That Is Amazing! [I have not heard about that approach!]
- Very Sophisticated [Mostly] & thought-thru by the 'Perps', proving once again, that if someone is determined, they'll overcome all of our efforts/protections.
- Aside from all of the recommendations shared on this Forum [which I use & appreciate], I also use 2 separate Steering Wheel lock devices., and park it under Lights & an Alarm Video Camera [movement activated]. Admittedly, None will stop anyone, only 'Deter' and/or Slow-Down their efforts - And, that's in addition to other items shared on the Forum. If someone is determined, all of 'Our' collective efforts are immaterial. Sad - But It's True.

Think About This: I'd/We'd be naive if any of us thought that Perps do review this Forum [or any similar Forums on an item they wish to steal] to read what is shared., solely to better understand how to 'foil' or overcome our efforts. So be it! - We all do what we can. Nonetheless, I've always appreciated the thoughts shared by the legitimate participants. Still, the above description is incredible! Thanks for posting.

- That Is Amazing! [I have not heard about that approach!]
- Very Sophisticated [Mostly] & thought-thru by the 'Perps', proving once again, that if someone is determined, they'll overcome all of our efforts/protections.
- Aside from all of the recommendations shared on this Forum [which I use & appreciate], I also use 2 separate Steering Wheel lock devices., and park it under Lights & an Alarm Video Camera [movement activated]. Admittedly, None will stop anyone, only 'Deter' and/or Slow-Down their efforts - And, that's in addition to other items shared on the Forum. If someone is determined, all of 'Our' collective efforts are immaterial. Sad - But It's True.

Think About This: I'd/We'd be naive if any of us thought that Perps do review this Forum [or any similar Forums on an item they wish to steal] to read what is shared., solely to better understand how to 'foil' or overcome our efforts. So be it! - We all do what we can. Nonetheless, I've always appreciated the thoughts shared by the legitimate participants. Still, the above description is incredible! Thanks for posting.
My post was a basic outline of how they operate up here and how they stole my truck. What I didn't mention is I had a hand fabricated sheet metal tube encasing the horn wire harness, yet they still managed to get inside of it and yank the connectors out. They also used a wifi blocker and wiped out all the cameras on my street (my 3 included) except for my adjacent neighbors hardwired ring door bell cam. They came to my house 3 times that night to check on my truck, it took them 7 mins to steal it, I like to think my steel horn tube cost them atleast 4 of those minutes. The theft rings up here are quite sophisticated and are not into the smash, trash and dash approach like you guys deal with doen there. They are actually quite careful with the vehicles cause they know it will yield them more profits. If they only applied their level of ingenuity to an actual career they would be quite successful.

My post was a basic outline of how they operate up here and how they stole my truck. What I didn't mention is I had a hand fabricated sheet metal tube encasing the horn wire harness, yet they still managed to get inside of it and yank the connectors out. They also used a wifi blocker and wiped out all the cameras on my street (my 3 included) except for my adjacent neighbors hardwired ring door bell cam. They came to my house 3 times that night to check on my truck, it took them 7 mins to steal it, I like to think my steel horn tube cost them atleast 4 of those minutes. The theft rings up here are quite sophisticated and are not into the smash, trash and dash approach like you guys deal with doen there. They are actually quite careful with the vehicles cause they know it will yield them more profits. If they only applied their level of ingenuity to an actual career they would be quite successful.
That system the thieves use up there seems like straight out of a Mission Impossible movie.

That system the thieves use up there seems like straight out of a Mission Impossible movie.
Man if I didn't experience it first hand I would totally think the same thing. My subdivision was so new it didn't even come up on Google maps at the time, how they found me you ask? Well we think it was an inside job. One of the tradesman giving info to the theft rings. There's only 3 ways into my subdivision and the builder had infrared cameras and plate readers at every entrance due to material thefts. When I approached site super for the footage for the police it showed the same vehicle coming in 2 different ways, no plates on and occupants wearing ski masks. They knew too much about the security onsite and our own personal systems to be just coincidence. These fuckers do their homework man!

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back