CCTRX

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram 1500 TRX
Current Ride #2
2023 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
Ceramic coating my white TRX and sons granite TRX this weekend. My first ‘21 TRX didn’t have the hood graphic, my ‘22 does. Can I or should I ceramic coat over the matte decal? Using Adams UV Graphene. Thanks

Yes coat right over the graphic. Here is what mine looked like after ceramic coating it. I don’t know if it makes a difference, but I used the Adams spray ceramic UV Graphene(the newest version).

C1B6A07A-DD9C-4184-A4EA-1B4F3E6CCC95.jpeg

Last edited:
I did with mine and came out great. can also do all plastics, fender flares etc. just be sure to wipe them off good with a microfiber and not let it sit long,

Hell yes that is what I like to hear. I figured as much because like you said, you can pretty much put it on anything other than rubber. I just started over thinking it with the “matte” finish on the decal, but so is the rear spoiler on a hellcat and it worked perfect. Thanks for the confirmation!

How well does this product work man? Been thinking of getting it. Adams has been a 50/50 for me lately and hesitant on their products..

I can't speak for the ceramic spray as I don't use them. My understanding is their longevity is much less than a normal ceramic coating, so I prefer the durability after spending all that time paint correcting. I have used every version of Adam's ceramic coatings and for a consumer grade product, they are very good in my opinion. Very easy and forgiving to learn to use, I know some people are scared to do it because some ceramics require heavy polish or even sanding to remove if applied incorrectly. I used the Adam's Graphene Coating kit on my Power Wagon and it lasted about 2 years and a month before really needing a new application. That was not doing proper maintenance on my part. The truck was garaged occasionally but outside a lot, a couple offroad trips, and not washed regularly. They recommend using their ceramic boost every couple washes or couple months, and I might have used it twice a year. They say 7 years but that is for a garaged, babied vehicle with correct maintenance. I have their first version ceramic on our C7 Corvette for 3 1/2 years and no sign of that even close to failing yet because it is constantly garaged and cleaned/boosted. I will be applying their Advanced Ceramic Coating to the TRX whenever I take delivery, so I definitely recommend their ceramic line. It is all in the prep work no matter what brand you go with.

Attachments

• 310591572_5903643496326472_2594453273104671881_n.jpg
    310591572_5903643496326472_2594453273104671881_n.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 311002526_5903643499659805_6534216932976954093_n.jpg
    311002526_5903643499659805_6534216932976954093_n.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 34
I can't speak for the ceramic spray as I don't use them. My understanding is their longevity is much less than a normal ceramic coating, so I prefer the durability after spending all that time paint correcting. I have used every version of Adam's ceramic coatings and for a consumer grade product, they are very good in my opinion. Very easy and forgiving to learn to use, I know some people are scared to do it because some ceramics require heavy polish or even sanding to remove if applied incorrectly. I used the Adam's Graphene Coating kit on my Power Wagon and it lasted about 2 years and a month before really needing a new application. That was not doing proper maintenance on my part. The truck was garaged occasionally but outside a lot, a couple offroad trips, and not washed regularly. They recommend using their ceramic boost every couple washes or couple months, and I might have used it twice a year. They say 7 years but that is for a garaged, babied vehicle with correct maintenance. I have their first version ceramic on our C7 Corvette for 3 1/2 years and no sign of that even close to failing yet because it is constantly garaged and cleaned/boosted. I will be applying their Advanced Ceramic Coating to the TRX whenever I take delivery, so I definitely recommend their ceramic line. It is all in the prep work no matter what brand you go with.
looks incredible...I am still on the fence about getting it done Professionally. I will be using my truck. as a truck.

How well does this product work man? Been thinking of getting it. Adams has been a 50/50 for me lately and hesitant on their products..
For what it’s worth, it’s been holding up great and still looks amazing after a rough winter. Keep in mind, the TRX was the 4th vehicle I’ve applied Adams Graphene. Since then, I took delivery of my 23 Jailbreak and applied it to that as well, including the satin hood which is a bitch to maintain. Much better with Adams on it now. Also, I used the new Pro formulation that is supposed to last even longer. Was so happy with that I finally got around to doing paint correction and ceramic on my wife’s K5, so I’m at 6 vehicles that have Adams on it. I hope your experience is the same. Good luck!

Attachments

• 86AFF82B-E57D-4625-9ADA-86B59A37D574.jpeg
    86AFF82B-E57D-4625-9ADA-86B59A37D574.jpeg
    539.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 5901D69C-AB08-438E-B9BF-16A7E14A0399.jpeg
    5901D69C-AB08-438E-B9BF-16A7E14A0399.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 56E1E870-4647-44F6-B3EE-159D3D7C4EEC.jpeg
    56E1E870-4647-44F6-B3EE-159D3D7C4EEC.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 18
I like the Avalon King ceramic coating. I think that as big as the TRX is, I will pass the paint correction and coating to a professional. I diy‘d my other vehicles, the entire process was just plain fun and relaxing. The pressure washer, dual action polishers, pads, clay bar, coating, micro fiber towels….just a satisfying and calming day. Everyone should have a garage!!

I like the Avalon King ceramic coating. I think that as big as the TRX is, I will pass the paint correction and coating to a professional. I diy‘d my other vehicles, the entire process was just plain fun and relaxing. The pressure washer, dual action polishers, pads, clay bar, coating, micro fiber towels….just a satisfying and calming day. Everyone should have a garage!!
I applied Avalon King to a friend's Tesla, it went on pretty nice as well in comparison to Adam's stuff. Gloss and hydrophobic properties were on point also, and he said it has held up pretty well over the last few years. I have thought about paying someone to do the TRX after doing my Power Wagon twice, so I get you there lol!

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back