Here’s how to track rail car

Cerino2000

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
New Ram 1500
Compliments of the Raptor guys, this actually worked. Obviously you need to know your rail car number and this is assuming yours is going via Norfolk Southern.

Phone 800-497-2919 PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR A REPRESENTATIVE; DONT WANT TO RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE.

CHOOSE Option 2 for Tracing (this was as of 03/01/2021...it used to be option 1 prior so listen to your choices). And yes, it’s Tracing, not Tracking.

They have a voice system or you can input from your phone system. It didn’t understand me on the voice system though and tried to send me to a representative so I hung up and dialed again and just used the buttons on phone and that worked.

It will want the first LETTER of your rail car number and only the first letter and then the numerical numbers.

So for example, my rail car is NS171133. So I pushed number “6” for N on the first question and then 171133 on the 2nd question.

It told me the last location of my rail car. My truck went KZ on 02/14. 11 days later it was in Buffalo NY (yes 11 fkn days to get from Detroit to upstate NY!) That was the last place it was on its trip to central NC. Dealer says “revised” dealer ETA is now 03/08/2021. So 3 weeks from Detroit to NC. Ridiculous by my standards but seeing how I ordered 08/19/2020 it fits right in with this whole ordering process.

Trains are not slow but the 100,000 loads scheduled in front of your truck will go first. Rail-yards are over capacity right now just like everything else in 2021. We get containers delivered via train all the time. It could take 1 week or 2 months and it's totally out of your control. It's in Gods hands. Leave it alone. If you piss off the wrong rail person your truck might go missing. RISK > REWARD. Bad deal, run away.

I received word from my dealership in Wisconsin that I went to KZ status on 2/20. Today they told me truck should be in Chicago on the 3/8 (and currently on train now). Frustrating as you'd think Michigan to Wisconsin rail wouldn't take so long, but for whatever reason just takes forever. The wait is killing me.

Trains are not slow but the 100,000 loads scheduled in front of your truck will go first. Rail-yards are over capacity right now just like everything else in 2021. We get containers delivered via train all the time. It could take 1 week or 2 months and it's totally out of your control. It's in Gods hands. Leave it alone. If you piss off the wrong rail person your truck might go missing. RISK > REWARD. Bad deal, run away.
I’m painfully aware.....

Lord knows if it was within my control my truck would have been vin 001 and been the first one delivered in the world.

So, Here comes the obvious question... how in the heck did you find out what rail car number you were on?!?!?

So, Here comes the obvious question... how in the heck did you find out what rail car number you were on?!?!?
i was waiting for someone to ask this for me. lol

My Dealer just told me he has no way of knowing what rail car it would be on?

My Dealer just told me he has no way of knowing what rail car it would be on?
Doesn't work with every carrier. Sometimes you get lucky and they get the rail car #. Some suggested using the location feature with Uconnect but that hasn't worked either

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back