NEW Hellwig Sway Bar & Adjustable End Links for 2021+ Ram TRX.

The only additional hardware that Hellwig doesn't provide is the two bolts noted on the listing which you will need to get from your local hardware store or amazon. 2-5/8" Length Bolts (2x)

Johnny I love you, having bought a whole bunch of TRX stuff from you and had great customer service. That being said, the Hellwig kit is a work in progress. In addition to the bolts, you also need longer sleeves for the top bolts on the drop links. Without longer sleeves, you can never torque the bolts properly and they will eventually loosen up and back out. Similarly, you need to space out the bottom bolts on the drop links because as shipped they do not line up vertically. All relatively minor but all necessary in the long haul. I know that you have sold a whole bunch on the forum, largely without complaint other than various missing parts, but as shipped it will eventually loosen up and rattle or come apart.

Last edited:
Johnny I love you, having bought a whole bunch of TRX stuff from you and had great customer service. That being said, the Hellwig kit is a work in progress. In addition to the bolts, you also need longer sleeves for the top bolts on the drop links. Without longer sleeves, you can never torque the bolts properly and they will Eve loosen up and back out. Similarly, you need to space out the bottom bolts on the drop links because as shipped they do not line up vertically. All relatively minor but all necessary in the long haul. I know that you have sold a whole bunch on the forum, large without complaint other than various missing parts, but as shipped it will eventually loosen up and rattle or come apart.
I appreciate that and I've made Hellwig aware of these concerns and the very popular request for a bolt-in kit for TRX owners which would be nice if there was a dedicate kit for it already. I will definitely circle around with them and see if any plans are being made for this.

Johnny I love you, having bought a whole bunch of TRX stuff from you and had great customer service. That being said, the Hellwig kit is a work in progress. In addition to the bolts, you also need longer sleeves for the top bolts on the drop links. Without longer sleeves, you can never torque the bolts properly and they will eventually loosen up and back out. Similarly, you need to space out the bottom bolts on the drop links because as shipped they do not line up vertically. All relatively minor but all necessary in the long haul. I know that you have sold a whole bunch on the forum, largely without complaint other than various missing parts, but as shipped it will eventually loosen up and rattle or come apart.
hopefully this stuff because available as a kit for current owners.

I have plenty of these in-stock but if you are afraid of possibly having to drill two holes, don't buy this. It's very simple but not worth getting an earful from someone about this early in the morning over two holes LOL.

Just to help you guys out, I bought one from you and installed it on my 2022. I started on the passenger side, I used the supplied sway bar bracket and centered it so I had plenty of metal around the holes I drilled. There are already some holes from the factory in the wrong place. I then moved to the drivers side and measured off of the passenger side to get the brackets even and then drilled my holes on that side. I attached the brackets with the supplied bolts and some lock nuts I got from the auto parts store. There is not much room to get them started but it can be done. Last, I leveled the sway bar and attached my end links. I used the recommended bolts and bushing inserts from this thread. I bought them at McMaster Carr. This was not a super easy job, but it was not that complicated either with the correct tools and hardware.
I have put about 500 miles on my setup and all the hardware is still tight!
IMG_6890.jpeg

Reactions: Two
Just to help you guys out, I bought one from you and installed it on my 2022. I started on the passenger side, I used the supplied sway bar bracket and centered it so I had plenty of metal around the holes I drilled. There are already some holes from the factory in the wrong place. I then moved to the drivers side and measured off of the passenger side to get the brackets even and then drilled my holes on that side. I attached the brackets with the supplied bolts and some lock nuts I got from the auto parts store. There is not much room to get them started but it can be done. Last, I leveled the sway bar and attached my end links. I used the recommended bolts and bushing inserts from this thread. I bought them at McMaster Carr. This was not a super easy job, but it was not that complicated either with the correct tools and hardware.
View attachment 28828
your sway bar looks to be installed upside down ... the center section should swing down and not up ... not sure if this is just the angle of the pic ..... on a Trx with the extended suspension travel ... best to be sure ...

Last edited:
your sway bar looks to be installed upside down ... the center section should swing down and not up ... not sure if this is just the angle of the pic ..... on a Trx with the extended suspension travel ... best to be sure ...
From a functional standpoint it doesn't matter at all. But to me it looked like the center section could get too close to the shield for the spare, so I mounted them the other way.

View attachment 28828
thank you for sharing this!

It could possibly be upside down. I just looked at it as the loop was further away from hanging on something by the rear end. I will look at the spare tire shield and see if it looks like it would interfere with it. Thanks for the heads up. Either way it would not be hard to flip now.
I forgot to add that the holes could have been tapped in the rear end instead of using nuts on the mounting bolts. I already had bought the lock nuts and just drilled the holes and used the nuts.

Reactions: Two
From a functional standpoint it doesn't matter at all. But to me it looked like the center section could get too close to the shield for the spare, so I mounted them the other way.
from a functional standpoint it most definitely does ... on a regular ram it may have enough travel to not strike the rear diff cover at all or slightly but, on a TRX with the extended suspension travel l would think the sway bar would make contact with the diff cover ... there's a reason it suppose to be mounted with the curved side downward ... just my take on it ...

Just so every one knows the newest TRX's off the production line do not have the threaded holes in the rear sway bar brackets, so you will need to drill holes if you want the sway bar.
so this picture you are showing that the holes are not the correct one's right? has anyone drilled the holes yet? if so any tips?

I updated the 1st post with this information as well.

Hi Johnny, any direct bolt-ons without the need to outsource extra hardware yet?
Not yet and no plans from Hellwig to offer a kit yet. Sorry!

from a functional standpoint it most definitely does ... on a regular ram it may have enough travel to not strike the rear diff cover at all or slightly but, on a TRX with the extended suspension travel l would think the sway bar would make contact with the diff cover ... there's a reason it suppose to be mounted with the curved side downward ... just my take on it ...
You are correct. When I put mine on I noticed that it would hit the diff covered if installed the wrong way.

I just installed my swaybar yesterday. On my 2022 it was a little bit of a bitch but not horrible. I also have the airbag rear suspension for towing so I had to make half inch spacers to space the swaybar brackets off the axle a little bit to clear the airbag brackets. All in all everything fit very good. I wound up using all new hardware with my locks so now I have no concerns of anything loosening up. After the install took the truck for a quick ride in what a difference. Very happy with how good it drives now much better And I’m only on the second hole on the bar so I could still go one more. I think I’ll drive it like it is for a while and then possibly try the stiffest setting.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back