Hello from Baja Designs

BajaDesigns

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Just wanted to stop by to say hello and make ourselves available to answer any lighting questions you might have. Feel free to post questions or pictures in this thread, or PM me for specific advice or order information.
Baja Designs Rebel TRX LED Lighting.jpg

What is the light part number for the above the license plate?

Depending on the model it is either 448016 (S8 lightbar) or 448017 (OnX6+). The S8 is a out slimmer, slightly lower powered light versus the OnX6+ which is our high output unit. The S8 features a smaller reflector, which is great for the near and the midfield. The OnX6+ has our larger High Speed Spot reflector which is designed for greater distances and higher speeds.

We have quite a few more kits coming soon, but are currently offering a fog pocket kit, as well as the light bar kit as the TRX shares common mounting points with a few of the rebel kits. Check them out HERE and stay up to date with new product releases by following our newsletter HERE.

@BajaDesigns do you have a setup for ditch lights (next to the A-Pillar)? I have those on my Raptor, and when my TRX shows up I'd like to do something similar.

Group buy on your fog light replacement kit?

@BajaDesigns do you have a setup for ditch lights (next to the A-Pillar)? I have those on my Raptor, and when my TRX shows up I'd like to do something similar.
Yes, we will be offering these brackets soon. We are working on a revision to the design and should be able to share a production date in the next couple of weeks.

Group buy on your fog light replacement kit?
If you can coordinate enough buyers, I'd be open to entertaining this. I'd say about 15 buyers (doesn't have to be exclusive to the FPK) would give me justification of offer special pricing directly, or possibly through one of our authorized dealers that might be on this forum.

Feel free to PM me to go over details.

Best,
CF

I'd be in for a group buy on the fog lights. I ordered the SDHQ A-pillar kit and a set of XL-80s today.
You will LOVE the XL80s. They are super bright. I had a set on my old truck and they were one of the few things I made sure to grab before selling it.

I’ll be running the SDHQ A-pillar kit as well. Thankfully they are right down the street from my office.

Just wanted to stop by to say hello and make ourselves available to answer any lighting questions you might have. Feel free to post questions or pictures in this thread, or PM me for specific advice or order information.
View attachment 17376

Attachments

• 8E229B78-A123-4131-BDD5-C2DB6F6490CC.jpeg
    8E229B78-A123-4131-BDD5-C2DB6F6490CC.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 114
  • D1B8547A-DA29-4484-9A6A-3B887723268D.jpeg
    D1B8547A-DA29-4484-9A6A-3B887723268D.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 113
You will LOVE the XL80s. They are super bright. I had a set on my old truck and they were one of the few things I made sure to grab before selling it.

I’ll be running the SDHQ A-pillar kit as well. Thankfully they are right down the street from my office.
Awesome. Highly recommend any SDHQ brackets. They are a premiere dealer for Baja Designs and always make great stuff.

Am impressed with what I have seen and also discussed with others what does not impress me is your not meeting delivery times. Stopped by Mikes off Road (they ordered for me and will install) today to check once again on where the order is? Last week you shipped a box of brackets, later that week shipped one pair of lights after promising the whole order. Now still need 1 more pair and the light bar which has been promised next week. Get off your rear......

To be honest went by to cancel and go with someone who can meet commitments. You guys need to get it together and deliver on what you promise. Delivery dates have slipped several times----excuses are easy....

Am impressed with what I have seen and also discussed with others what does not impress me is your not meeting delivery times. Stopped by Mikes off Road (they ordered for me and will install) today to check once again on where the order is? Last week you shipped a box of brackets, later that week shipped one pair of lights after promising the whole order. Now still need 1 more pair and the light bar which has been promised next week. Get off your rear......

To be honest went by to cancel and go with someone who can meet commitments. You guys need to get it together and deliver on what you promise. Delivery dates have slipped several times----excuses are easy....
I appreciate the response, and believe it or not, I feel your frustrations.

We do indeed have a very long backorder on just about all of our products right now. If it isn't the simple fact that we cannot get components into the shop quickly enough to build and keep up with orders, it is the sheer volume of products we are trying to ship in a day or week. We have tried to be as transparent possible in the last year. We have it noted across our site, as well as our correspondence with dealers and customers that our lead times currently sit at up to 6 weeks. This is a bit of an aggressive estimate, as often times we ship sooner than that, and very often we will ship partial orders of whatever components we have in stock - even if that means eating extra shipping costs. Most people appreciate getting what they can as soon as possible, but I understand how that might be frustrating to others

We are working hard on a solution, but as I'm sure you know, nothing is really smooth these days. Materials are available one day, and 3 months delayed the next. Our biggest bottleneck is that due to the unexpected growth of the last two years, we have completely outgrown our facility. The search for a new home for our warehouse, machine shop and office space has been a miserable process due to the local real estate market, but I am happy to share that we will be moving into a new facility by the new year. This should allow us to increase our floor staff, raw component/finished goods storage space, and general efficiency - which means our lead times will soon go back to normal.

I am going to PM you on the side to find out the details of your order, and who exactly here strung you along with inaccurate information. Our sales staff, customer service team, and dealers should all know to be as transparent as possible, so I don't think you were intentionally misled, but I'll do some detective work nonetheless to try to prevent this from happening again.

Obviously not the answer anyone wants to hear, or give, but it is the reality that we and many other companies in the industry are struggling with at the moment.

I want to close by asking to please not assume we are just sitting around on our asses. I've been at BD for quite a few years, and I've never seen the staff working so hard and so closely to make sure we get lights out as quickly as possible. We've made huge improvements in efficiency, productivity and managing how all this pressure impacts the team. It's been a rough ride, but please don't forget we are all human over here and are all working extra hard to make sure you guys and gals have what you need to stay safe and have fun on the trail.

PM inbound.

-CF

Last edited:

What kind Of wind noise do pillar mounted lights make? I never put them on my raptor because I was afraid of that or think I heard something about it.

I only had lights in my fog pockets and the onyx 6 in the grill. Unfortunately the deal I made on my raptor made me include those lights. I did remove the backup S2's though!

What kind Of wind noise do pillar mounted lights make? I never put them on my raptor because I was afraid of that or think I heard something about it.

I only had lights in my fog pockets and the onyx 6 in the grill. Unfortunately the deal I made on my raptor made me include those lights. I did remove the backup S2's though!
Zero I have lp4s on my pillars and I don't hear a thing.

I have never personally heard any of our lights whistle or create wind noise. Air flow and wind noise are actually considered very early on in the design phases of our lights. You should not experience any significant noise. If you do, message me and we can work an exchange for a different form factor. Don't see it being an issue for you, though.

can you please make a roof rack for the lp9 lights??
I can't imagine BD taking on an new product line like this at the moment. Luckily we work closely with most all of the premium rack manufacturers. Pester our buddies at Prinsu/Gobi/Rhino/Frontrunner about it, as those are the guys making top notch roof rack solutions for most other makes and models out right now.

Zero noise from my current setup. I expect the same when the TRX shows up.

44C79F53-2488-4CB6-B7C7-675929B16D3C.jpeg

I didn’t hear anything from the lights. My truck was on 35” ridge grapplers and those make a little nose.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back