Hellcat to Redeye Conversion

I am putting my red eye blower on my trx in a couple weeks... just finishing up breaking it in... Gotta go do some business down in florida, but am going to be doing the swap at the end of the month... really just need bigger injectors, and whatever pullies you wanna go with...

We have the shop truck down to a 3.3 0-60 with just pully and injectors!
Just curious if you ever got around to putting the redeye blower on your TRX?

I researched this heavily. If you really want a step above RedEye go with Whipple Supercharger5 for Gen 5 Hellcat motor. Gets you to a 3.0L blower from a 2.4L Hellcat or 2.7L Hellcat Redeye blower and has this massive, dual pass, dual core inter-cooler technology for twice the cooling area of any other PD SC for Hellcat 6.2L.

As you change the pulley sizes, there will be a point where the more boost you create and you put thru, will be past the point of any more HP gain, because the intake manifold temps with stock setup. Boost increases, intake temps increase and HP stops or drops. So it will be a little playing around around with your exact upgrade components and tuning, plus the TRX air-box.

The last time I checked, HPTuners was the only one that had unlocked 2021 TRX PCM. My shop uses Diablo, so just waiting on that to occur to start.

Whpple Supercharger 5 for Gen 5 Hellcats:
Stage 2 Supercharger system features the billet 112mm throttle body and billet -8AN fuel rails.

• Over 300HP capacity over Hellaphant 3.0L Supercharger
  • Over 500hp capacity over Hellcat 2.4L supercharger
  • Expensive porting not required to make power
  • Massive, dual pass, dual core intercooler technology for twice the cooling area of any other PD SC for 6.2L
  • Inverted design allows for oversized intercooler, each core is 2.125” thick, dual pass = 4.25” thick core
  • Dual in, dual out intercooler for increased water flow
  • 112mm opening for compatibility with stock TB, 102mm, 105mm and Whipple’s 112mm
  • Billet rotors far superior to cast rotors for high rpm operation
  • ¾ rotor vs 3/5, 33% lower male rotor speed
  • Superior profile with shorter leak path
  • Thrust retaining system for better bearing support
  • Massive air inlet for high flow (porting not required to get power)
  • Optional high flow cold air system
  • Fits stock fuel rail, stock injectors or billet Whipple -8 rails
  • Works with stock belt system and optional balancer options
  • Works with electronic bypass control
  • Works with stock TMAP sensors
  • New over bearing 5-bolt supercharger pulleys
  • Billet bearing plate and oil cover
  • Custom colors available
View attachment 11640

Has anyone installed one of these on a trx yet? Very curious what the whipple swap alone would net, hp wise.

I’ve reached out to them and it’s not out yet. They are saying first or second quarter. I’m looking at adding one and some headers with a tune at low boost to keep the boost cool and reliable without blowing her up.

I think it has been mentioned in the Direct Connect posts, but is there a reason why we CAN'T do this? I'll be doing it to my Redeye for sure!
Redeye Stage I and II.png

I researched this heavily. If you really want a step above RedEye go with Whipple Supercharger5 for Gen 5 Hellcat motor. Gets you to a 3.0L blower from a 2.4L Hellcat or 2.7L Hellcat Redeye blower and has this massive, dual pass, dual core inter-cooler technology for twice the cooling area of any other PD SC for Hellcat 6.2L.

As you change the pulley sizes, there will be a point where the more boost you create and you put thru, will be past the point of any more HP gain, because the intake manifold temps with stock setup. Boost increases, intake temps increase and HP stops or drops. So it will be a little playing around around with your exact upgrade components and tuning, plus the TRX air-box.

The last time I checked, HPTuners was the only one that had unlocked 2021 TRX PCM. My shop uses Diablo, so just waiting on that to occur to start.

Whpple Supercharger 5 for Gen 5 Hellcats:
Stage 2 Supercharger system features the billet 112mm throttle body and billet -8AN fuel rails.

• Over 300HP capacity over Hellaphant 3.0L Supercharger
  • Over 500hp capacity over Hellcat 2.4L supercharger
  • Expensive porting not required to make power
  • Massive, dual pass, dual core intercooler technology for twice the cooling area of any other PD SC for 6.2L
  • Inverted design allows for oversized intercooler, each core is 2.125” thick, dual pass = 4.25” thick core
  • Dual in, dual out intercooler for increased water flow
  • 112mm opening for compatibility with stock TB, 102mm, 105mm and Whipple’s 112mm
  • Billet rotors far superior to cast rotors for high rpm operation
  • ¾ rotor vs 3/5, 33% lower male rotor speed
  • Superior profile with shorter leak path
  • Thrust retaining system for better bearing support
  • Massive air inlet for high flow (porting not required to get power)
  • Optional high flow cold air system
  • Fits stock fuel rail, stock injectors or billet Whipple -8 rails
  • Works with stock belt system and optional balancer options
  • Works with electronic bypass control
  • Works with stock TMAP sensors
  • New over bearing 5-bolt supercharger pulleys
  • Billet bearing plate and oil cover
  • Custom colors available
View attachment 11640

Wipples won’t fit in a Trx too big up and left hits booster and cowl. Which can’t be modified

I’m in Texas and I’m doing a 426 6.2 based. With a maggy.

No, couldn't find it, looks like Jesse James is in Texas? Still looking for good OC shop, any help appreciated
Check out Industrial Motoring in Anaheim. https://industrialmotoring.com/ Greg Foster is the owner and has been in the offroad community for a long time. Shop manager is Ryan Schumacher who owned Stack Performance who specialized in SRT builds years ago. They can build whatever the hell you want.

I am putting my red eye blower on my trx in a couple weeks... just finishing up breaking it in... Gotta go do some business down in florida, but am going to be doing the swap at the end of the month... really just need bigger injectors, and whatever pullies you wanna go with...

We have the shop truck down to a 3.3 0-60 with just pully and injectors!
Look into what Hennessey Performance has accomplished with their TRX...and duplicate to your needs , they have done the research with warranties.

I think it has been mentioned in the Direct Connect posts, but is there a reason why we CAN'T do this? I'll be doing it to my Redeye for sure!
View attachment 30333
I was looking into this lately. Has anyone done it? I’m really not looking to go crazy but would like a nice build and maintain the factory clutched pulley. I know most of you have removed it but again i’m looking for an extra 150+ hp on pump with the option to E85 it if i can get my hands on it more regularly.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back