Raptor Killer

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2019 Callaway Z06
Just got my TRX, time to start messing with it. Live here in So Cal, does anyone have any info on upgrading to Redeye config.

Any help appreciated.

Raptor Killer
TRX.jpg

You will probably be better off doing a pulley swap, injectors, tune......

Bored already huh!? I agree with the above if your just looking for another 100 horse, it would be 20k just for the redeye engine alone.

Just build the motor and go nuts on a sc swap/boost

That's what i am thinking
I’m gonna mod too. Looking at the Magnuson 2650 blower swap. Good to 1000hp with stock fueling and 1400 with additional fueling.

you can easily be at 1000+ with ported sc swap, fueling, exhaust, tune. You can probably get to 1000 just with pulley, tune, exhaust, cai, etc

Thanks, I will take a look.

Anyone have a good Dodge performance shop in Orange County, CA

Thanks, I will take a look.

Anyone have a good Dodge performance shop in Orange County, CA

Jesse James runs the Tustin one. They do a lot of jeep/raptor work and are good. I’m sure they could do a trx build.

Perfect, thats pretty close to me

Thanks

That would be pretty tough to get one.....at this point.

Are they not available any more.

I would think if your not going to do Baja style running in sand all the time, you just get a second high flow air filter to replace restrictive stock one and I bet you a bump in HP with just that.

Are they not available any more.

I would think if your not going to do Baja style running in sand all the time, you just get a second high flow air filter to replace restrictive stock one and I bet you a bump in HP with just that.
They were tough to get when only a few came out

I am putting my red eye blower on my trx in a couple weeks... just finishing up breaking it in... Gotta go do some business down in florida, but am going to be doing the swap at the end of the month... really just need bigger injectors, and whatever pullies you wanna go with...

We have the shop truck down to a 3.3 0-60 with just pully and injectors!

I want someone to do a GEN 5 Whipple swap so I can see what happens. They claim a 500hp increase on a HC motor.
GEN 5 Whipple

I am putting my red eye blower on my trx in a couple weeks... just finishing up breaking it in... Gotta go do some business down in florida, but am going to be doing the swap at the end of the month... really just need bigger injectors, and whatever pullies you wanna go with...

We have the shop truck down to a 3.3 0-60 with just pully and injectors!
Info on Pulley and Injectors? Thank you.

I researched this heavily. If you really want a step above RedEye go with Whipple Supercharger5 for Gen 5 Hellcat motor. Gets you to a 3.0L blower from a 2.4L Hellcat or 2.7L Hellcat Redeye blower and has this massive, dual pass, dual core inter-cooler technology for twice the cooling area of any other PD SC for Hellcat 6.2L.

As you change the pulley sizes, there will be a point where the more boost you create and you put thru, will be past the point of any more HP gain, because the intake manifold temps with stock setup. Boost increases, intake temps increase and HP stops or drops. So it will be a little playing around around with your exact upgrade components and tuning, plus the TRX air-box.

The last time I checked, HPTuners was the only one that had unlocked 2021 TRX PCM. My shop uses Diablo, so just waiting on that to occur to start.

Whpple Supercharger 5 for Gen 5 Hellcats:
Stage 2 Supercharger system features the billet 112mm throttle body and billet -8AN fuel rails.

• Over 300HP capacity over Hellaphant 3.0L Supercharger
  • Over 500hp capacity over Hellcat 2.4L supercharger
  • Expensive porting not required to make power
  • Massive, dual pass, dual core intercooler technology for twice the cooling area of any other PD SC for 6.2L
  • Inverted design allows for oversized intercooler, each core is 2.125” thick, dual pass = 4.25” thick core
  • Dual in, dual out intercooler for increased water flow
  • 112mm opening for compatibility with stock TB, 102mm, 105mm and Whipple’s 112mm
  • Billet rotors far superior to cast rotors for high rpm operation
  • ¾ rotor vs 3/5, 33% lower male rotor speed
  • Superior profile with shorter leak path
  • Thrust retaining system for better bearing support
  • Massive air inlet for high flow (porting not required to get power)
  • Optional high flow cold air system
  • Fits stock fuel rail, stock injectors or billet Whipple -8 rails
  • Works with stock belt system and optional balancer options
  • Works with electronic bypass control
  • Works with stock TMAP sensors
  • New over bearing 5-bolt supercharger pulleys
  • Billet bearing plate and oil cover
  • Custom colors available
1619181756830.png

Attachments

• 1619181682495.png
    1619181682495.png
    360.6 KB · Views: 75
Did you end up getting any work done at the shop in Tustin?
No, couldn't find it, looks like Jesse James is in Texas? Still looking for good OC shop, any help appreciated

Back