Hellcat powertrain bye bye 2023

We will see a higher percentage of vehicles that will be electric powered but the ICE will still be around. Especially with Porsche's lead in non-fossil fuels for ICEs. Read about their "eFuel". Others are also coming out with their version. Clean to make & clean to burn.

Anybody speculate on what will happen to TRX values once the hellcat platform is done with? Seems like we may all have a collectors vehicle on hand that could bring some healthy dividends. Any thoughts?

Anybody speculate on what will happen to TRX values once the hellcat platform is done with? Seems like we may all have a collectors vehicle on hand that could bring some healthy dividends. Any thoughts?
Im trying not to be biased….we all obviously love these trucks more than most. However, even though there will be bigger, faster more capable trucks in the future….they just wont sound and feel like these do. Objectively they will be the greatest ICE factory trucks to “roam the earth”. I think theres a high probability

How well these battery powered cars gonna run in the winter months??
LOL

Like someone posted above. How does our electric grid power all these electricity flowing?!?!
As a Gas Powered TRX Driving LINEMAN... I will tell you... bring the electric cars on... lol. Overtime, doubletime, 90 plus hours a week... trust me we aint scared. lol.

Truly tho, the burden will be in high population areas where load is already imbalanced on antiquated systems. (IE CONEDISON, LADWP, SOCALEDISON, PGE).

Well all hope so. Id like to lock down a nice 1300 HP EV CUDA and buy a big horn for work LOL.

And here I am counting on trading in my TRX on the ford lighting in a few years.....sheesh.
After the issues I've had waiting for a bronco and gen 3 raptor not sure I'll ever order a Ford again

I think it'll be so many hellcat powered TRX models that it'll hold its value like the regular hellcat cars. They still have 2 model years at least before they switch to the new 6th gen body style in 24 and new drivetrain.

I'm hoping a limited run of Redeye TRX models for MY23. I know a mule exist and there was a TRX mule spotted this summer with emissions tailpipes with the front end areas camo'd

I just saw a bad ass bronco out east on LI. I wish I remember the dealer.
I think ours was real nice... Carbonized grey with the hard top. Wife didn't like it so we found a dealer willing to pay 70k for it. Had I know about tred and car gurus before I think I could have gotten 75/80k for it. The dealer ended up selling it for 84k.

My wife has an ID4 for work. It works fine in the Maine winters. Heating (including seats and steering wheel) requires more energy than AC, but it still remains full (or nearly full) each morning, even at level 1.

The biggest problem is that she has to remember to go out of her way to go to a gas station to pick up snacks 😃

If an EV vehicle can work through Maine's winters, with Maine's notoriously unreliable electric grid (although not as bad as Texas), then I think it should be viable almost anywhere.
If everyone gets an electric car could we see problems with charging stations? Kinda like when store shelves become empty over virtually no reason like last year...
Or maybe Gavin Newsom and his states radicals causing undue rolling blackouts, meaning that the car has to sit until the power grid comes back online. There are way too many people in this country. Maybe half gas half electric would be the way to go? Not forcing one way or another, i mean after all, diversity seems to be the word of the day anymore...

Like the hemi cuda

If everyone gets an electric car could we see problems with charging stations? Kinda like when store shelves become empty over virtually no reason like last year...
Or maybe Gavin Newsom and his states radicals causing undue rolling blackouts, meaning that the car has to sit until the power grid comes back online. There are way too many people in this country. Maybe half gas half electric would be the way to go? Not forcing one way or another, i mean after all, diversity seems to be the word of the day anymore...
Or how power was shut off to California due to high winds today... Sorry about your turkeys...

And I had no issues with power during our snowmagedan this year in Texas other than our heater couldn't keep up and reached the end of Hulu

One thing to think about. If fuel tax goes way up, to discourage ICE cars and trucks, inflation keeps going up, along with cost of living, the trx platform will be worthless. So, go vote in every election you can.

Electric for some will work.
It won't work :
Those who want to use it for vacation.
Wanting to pull a trailer more than 100 miles without a stop
I could go on and on.
I'm not saying I'm against it, but it won't work for everyone.

Our electric grid won't take the load now. And they want everyone drive electric,

Also it's not to far off that those vehicles will have a mileage tax to make up for the gas tax loss.
This is 100% my mindset. It's inevitable, so I understand it. And I think there are some great attributes of EVs (instant power, fewer drivetrain issues, etc.) but there just isn't infrastructure to support it yet and I suspect an entirely new form of battery will need to be invented and deployed in order to really make this idea feasible.

IMO, The only was Gavin shitsome can get Cali folks to switch to electric is by increasing gas prices to around 10$ a gallon eventually. Its gonna happen. It appeals to the "woke" people that keep voting for him. But most don't even read the bills being passed....well because they're woke and they know what's best for everyone....so why consider all the disadvantages. Los Angeles power gets shut off when there is slight wind. Go figure.

IMO, The only was Gavin shitsome can get Cali folks to switch to electric is by increasing gas prices to around 10$ a gallon eventually. Its gonna happen. It appeals to the "woke" people that keep voting for him. But most don't even read the bills being passed....well because they're woke and they know what's best for everyone....so why consider all the disadvantages. Los Angeles power gets shut off when there is slight wind. Go figure.
I cant understand California voters...? I mean, once my power is cut to my house, your done...
Get someone to do a common sense approach to everyday problems. Smart people will leave dumb ones will stay

I cant understand California voters...? I mean, once my power is cut to my house, your done...
Get someone to do a common sense approach to everyday problems. Smart people will leave dumb ones will stay
Believe me...I grew up here (30 years). I hate it here. Its not as easy to just get up and move after living someplace for 30 years, but i plan to do so as soon as i possibly can (which might take a minute). I hunt, fish, camp and love v8's. I'm considered "guilty" in California because of my hobbies. My city doesn't want me here, and i don't want my city. we broke up years ago, LA is my EX, and I'm forced for the time being to live in her house and pay 10x rent lol. As far as the voters go.....I've literally talked to many people who are "so angry" at the homeless and crime situation....yet they voted for Newsome. It doesn't make sense. That and the fact that they try to pass strict gun laws to prevent crime - when the "criminals" are considered criminals because they don't follow the law. Goin Full Retard - and everyone knows...you never go full retard lol.

Back