Hellcat powertrain bye bye 2023

Mdtrx

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
I have the title to my truck so worse case I’ll just buy another TRX in 2023.

TRX.1TONTACO

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 TRX DD, but will be a spare truck once the PW gets here
I plan to buy another TRX in 2022(2023 model year) and keep my 2021 TRX also. This has been my plan all long to buy the last year of the hellcat TRX even before I bought my 2021 TRX.

Informal

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Lexus GS350
Military
Proud Father in Law to a US Marine.... Grandson of two WWII vets!
I plan to buy another TRX in 2022(2023 model year) and keep my 2021 TRX also. This has been my plan all long to buy the last year of the hellcat TRX even before I bought my 2021 TRX.
I'm still waiting on my 2022 TRX...
My wife saw an old Bronco, and said "Why don't you find one of those and restore it?

I thought... sweet... already got the greenlight for a project vehicle, I'll find an old rust bucket and restore it....

lol, not so much.... Even a rusted out beater cost's almost as much as the TRX

I was way further out of touch than I thought.

Decades ago when I was in my early 20's.... I could have bought my buddy's dads early 70's Bronco (that was in good condition, with minor rust around the wheel wells.... for $700

I'm post 50.... and just now understanding why my Dad never sells shit lol.

I mean.... He's held on to a lot of stuff, for a lot of years.... and he's 80+ now... So it's not like he's gonna see a gain from his hoarding... But with a little luck... I will :p

I told my wife I'll keep the TRX (which won't see a ton of miles) and will it to our only child....
It will either be worth a fortune.... Or something our whacky Government has outlawed and will confiscate... There will be no in between IMO.

Mdtrx

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
That’s cool.

RobsTRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2016 supercharged Silverado
I traded my 21 in on a 22. I guess when I do the 22 for a 23 I should get all the options I ever wanted as I'll be keeping that one. Don't want a 6 cyl turboed TRX.........

BlueTRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
I traded my 21 in on a 22. I guess when I do the 22 for a 23 I should get all the options I ever wanted as I'll be keeping that one. Don't want a 6 cyl turboed TRX.........
I doubt Ram would make the same dumb mistake from Ford. The TRX might go electric or die V8. Would be fun to have a fast truck but without the engine sound and supercharger wine....not as excited

BusaDave

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 F250 6.7 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 M 2021 Black TRX Sold
I wonder if Ford knew this all along and that is why they are in no rush to bring out the Raptor R. It could be the only game in town with respect to high HP gasser.

shapiroeric

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 TRX
Military
USN
2023 will be the final model year for this incarnation of the Hellcat, Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis told Motor Authority

The key wording is….”this incarnation”

Rawwr

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2016 Challenger SRT 392
How well these battery powered cars gonna run in the winter months??
LOL

Like someone posted above. How does our electric grid power all these electricity flowing?!?!
My wife has an ID4 for work. It works fine in the Maine winters. Heating (including seats and steering wheel) requires more energy than AC, but it still remains full (or nearly full) each morning, even at level 1.

The biggest problem is that she has to remember to go out of her way to go to a gas station to pick up snacks 😃

If an EV vehicle can work through Maine's winters, with Maine's notoriously unreliable electric grid (although not as bad as Texas), then I think it should be viable almost anywhere.

jw38

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Military
Retired Air Force Senior Master Sergeant (E-8)
When are people going to realize it is worse on the environment to make these batteries than actually driving a gas car.
Wait a minute. Are you telling me that it's not true that all of the electricity that will be used to power electric vehicles doesn't come from pixie dust? I've been lied too!!! Pretty soon you'll be telling me that the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny and Santa Claus are not real.

BlueTRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
I wonder if Ford knew this all along and that is why they are in no rush to bring out the Raptor R. It could be the only game in town with respect to high HP gasser.
Highly doubt it. Late R means less time to sell that platform truck being high carbon emission engines are limited based on sale numbers. The higher the number of allotted sales of certain engines, the faster the builder is forced to move on to lesser carbon footprint ones.
Same thing happened early 2010s with diesels going from tier 3 to tier 4 and tier 4 final. Companies that sell more are forced sooner to transition to enforced new emission engines than companies with fewer sales.
Stellantis is being forced to kill that engine and transition to electric. Ford already has made that move, reason it had no intentions of bringing V8s back until Ram decided to poke them with the TRX.

Important to mention Ford isnt in its best economic times, the brand is struggling in many fronts and building a brand new truck with a "limited sales future engine" isnt very appealing to investors.

Last edited:
OP
Herbancowboyaz34

Herbancowboyaz34

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRD OR Tacoma
C5D147E2-E61C-4AA6-A0A2-F42FB9FAECFE.jpeg
126FFFEA-B33D-483F-9F19-BA1ACBB8D9BD.jpeg
I might just have to get a 23 after today’s shenanigans. He made an illegal left turn from the right lane and bam. ..

Dudebro

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
22 TRX on order
Current Ride #2
97 ram 2500 Cummins, 2013 Chevrolet Volt, 2012 Ducati Monster 1100 evo

WolverineHusky

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX, 2012 Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, 2018 Road Glide Ultra, 2020 Ducati Scrambler Sport Pro 1100
I'm hopeful that Ram/Dodge sticks to their guns and fills the high HP gas niche, regardless of the Hellcat retirement. They should win some Harvard/Wharton business awards with their conscience decision to promote the Hellcat, 392, Charger, Challenger, TRX, etc. when other brands were releasing "ecoboost" and marketing to the greenpeace crowd. Yea, I'm a little bit of a Ram/Dodge fanbois, but their commercials are award winning, the higher ups saw opportunities (men want Hellcat engines), etc. So I have some faith they'll get it right.......again.

So hopefully they just come up with a successor to the Hellcat and not go nut and abandon high HP vehicles gas vehicles enntirely.

TReX-RAM

TRX Addict 💉
Reaction score
Current Ride
TReX
I am 100% for EGO Boost and not ECO Boost baby!!! Mo-powa

Imaposer

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX - hydro blue
Current Ride #2
2022 TRX - Hydro blue
And here I am counting on trading in my TRX on the ford lighting in a few years.....sheesh.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton