Heads up display

Zucco22

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
I don’t know if I’d classify this as a problem or issue, but does anyone know if you can change the level or height of the heads up display? I am sitting too high to see it. Obviously I could lower my seat, but my bmw had the ability to change where it projects the display. I’m 6’2” seat height shouldn’t be the issue. Let me know if this “issue” should be in a different thread.

I don’t know if I’d classify this as a problem or issue, but does anyone know if you can change the level or height of the heads up display? I am sitting too high to see it. Obviously I could lower my seat, but my bmw had the ability to change where it projects the display. I’m 6’2” seat height shouldn’t be the issue. Let me know if this “issue” should be in a different thread.
Stop your TRX in the middle of a parking lot in order to start working.
Be in a Zoom meeting with about 20 other people
Using the left buttons on the steering wheel go into settings
Curse for 15 minutes looking for the HUD settings
Get strange stares by the parking lot security guy while on the zoom call, he states that we liked the truck
Miss the question directed at you on the zoom meeting, answer the question after fessing up you missed the question.
Continue to curse (while on mute) about the usability of this feature and the lack of proper documentation in the book for about 10 minutes.
Finally notice that it is on the second page of one of the settings (Use the right arrow)
Adjust the level to be able to use this feature
Adjust your habit to be able to use the HUD by breaking your habit of 36 years of using the dash board cluster.

Let me know if these instructions fail you.

You can...check the manual

Get strange stares by the parking lot security guy while on the zoom call, he states that we liked the truck
Miss the question directed at you on the zoom meeting, answer the question after fessing up you missed the question.
Continue to curse (while on mute) about the usability of this feature and the lack of proper documentation in the book for about 10 minutes.
Finally notice that it is on the second page of one of the settings (Use the right arrow)
Adjust your habit to be able to use the HUD by breaking your habit of 36 years of using the dash board cluster.

This is fucking priceless. Thank you for the advice and the laughter.

You can...check the manual
I figured. I checked every setting on the infotainment. I figured forum question was easier than manual. Busy day, so I gotta think smart. Manual would have taken time. My day...wake up feed the chickens, walk and feed the dogs. Son has two martial arts classes and swim practice today. My daughter has a dance recital today. That’s all by 1:00. Anything to save time 😂

Good morning, anyone have an issue with the HUD being angled? Looks like not sitting straight.

Good morning, anyone have an issue with the HUD being angled? Looks like not sitting straight.
Have you adjusted the angle? I believe you can move it up or down.

Up and down yes that my display projector I guess is not aligned correctly as it angles a bit inward towards the center of the truck.
The only thing I could think of would be the unit itself needs adjustment possibly. I don’t have my truck so I’m limited in helping out more. Maybe see if the dealer has any solutions. Good luck and keep us updated please. Thanks

I'm going to try this without the zoom meeting and see if it still works. Cussing will likely still be involved.

I didn't even realize I had HUD for a long while since I'm 6'6". Just happened to glimpse and thought it would be nice to be able to actually see it!

Yeah HUD is for short people or those under 6ft, quite a disappointment for me as I always use the hud in my ss (and i can show my tach w/speed too)

1614493769656.png
1614493753013.png

I had to look for this today. It is the right page of the page 11.

Thanks.
Just didn't think this was adjustable.

I am 6' 4" tall and have to put the seat all the way down and lean rear seat back and I still only get half illumined image, unless i move my head, to specifically see it in fully.

I'm going to try this without the zoom meeting and see if it still works. Cussing will likely still be involved.

I didn't even realize I had HUD for a long while since I'm 6'6". Just happened to glimpse and thought it would be nice to be able to actually see it!
Just curious.. how well do you fit in the truck? I’m 6’7 & used to all vehicles being a little tight 😂

Reactions: P91
Just curious.. how well do you fit in the truck? I’m 6’7 & used to all vehicles being a little tight 😂
Same here. 6’7”. I ordered without the sunroof for extra headroom. I fit well in the rebel without a sunroof. Hope the HUD works. I can let you know when mine comes in. Hopefully in the next week or two.

Back