HawaiiTRX

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
RAM TRX
Military
Navy
Guys I need help. I cannot turn off my head light while the vehicle is in motion unless the parking brake is on, I already disabled the Adaptive Front Lights in the setting but no luck, is there a way to remove the interlock between the speed/motion and head light? I liked the auto headlight feature but when I enter Military Base at night they require all cars entering the gate to turn off headlights which I cannot do and makes me like I’m flexing because I have TRX.

Have you tried turning off the daytime running lights in Uconnect?

1701884616585.png

1701884681918.png

Reactions: Two
Yes. I tried that before but still no control on headlights, I even removed the Tazer DT but it’s not the one that causing it to stay on, the Adaptive Front Lights feature say the lights comes on when the vehicle moves but the lights still automatically comes on when the vehicle move even it’s already disabled on the settings.

Yes. I tried that before but still no control on headlights, I even removed the Tazer DT but it’s not the one that causing it to stay on, the Adaptive Front Lights feature say the lights comes on when the vehicle moves but the lights still automatically comes on when the vehicle move even it’s already disabled on the settings.
Dumb question but is your truck a Canadian spec? Or did you mess with those setting in tazer?

Dumb question but is your truck a Canadian spec? Or did you mess with those setting in tazer?
I only used the Tazer for the security pin and the specs is US.

So lets back up a minute. What are you talking about when you say you've tried changing the "adaptive front lights" setting? Are you talking about the "steering directed lights" setting? There's nothing that I can find that is labeled as "adaptive".

That’s odd. I can turn mine completely off and drive by moonlight if I wanted to. But, I’ve never screwed around with the Tazer either

If you turn the lights dial over to the parking lights setting, does it still turn on headlights when moving?

So let’s back up a minute. What are you talking about when you say you've tried changing the "adaptive front lights" setting? Are you talking about the "steering directed lights" setting? There's nothing that I can find that is labeled as "adaptive".
The Light setting in the Uconnect.

Attachments

• IMG_3707.jpeg
    IMG_3707.jpeg
    533.6 KB · Views: 50
Is yours a 2021?

On the screenshot, I can see that you have Daytime Running Lights enabled. Pretty sure that's your problem.
I tried that before but I’ll try again later when I get to my truck.

When you have daytime running lights on or selected, it will act like you see happening. I went through the same thing and finally turned off the daytime running lights. Problem solved. 2023 also.

When you have daytime running lights on or selected, it will act like you see happening. I went through the same thing and finally turned off the daytime running lights. Problem solved. 2023 also.
I like the daytime running lights but if that’s the case I’d rather have it off than a security keeps telling me to turn off my headlights when entering check points.

I think it’s working by turning the DRL off on the Uconnect I was able to turn off headlight while the parking brake is not engaged, I will confirm later tonight I don’t wanna lose my parking spot at work 😂

Soo...what I suggested in post #2. That you said didn't work.

I think the reason why it worked now is both DRL and Adaptive Front Light are both disabled on the Uconnect before I turned off one at a time.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com
Back