Harmon Kardon stereo & tech pkg incl. in Level 2 for 2022?

jzmundy

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
BMW X3
Effective 8/4, Level 2 includes HUD, DRVM, and HK speakers.

1629165543437.png

--
Hi everyone,

New here, coming from a long line of BMWs, and looking into a 2022 TRX.

I heard from a local dealer just this morning that the Harmon Kardon stereo and technology group will be rolled into the Level 2 equipment group for 2022 models (obviously with a presumed L2 price increase). This seems counter to what many other manufacturers are doing, including BMW, who seem to be de-contenting their package offerings to help alleviate chip constraints.

Has anyone else heard this news? I haven’t been able to find anything on the forum as of yet. Prior to this news, I had been informed the Harmon Kardon stereo and tech group were pulled from the available options list and were thus unorderable.

Thanks!

Zach

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Zach - In the same boat here but I think it's uninformed dealers claiming they'll be included. The options were available to order previously, and they're not listed in the L2 group offering. The prevailing theory is that FCA doesn't have the parts available to continue building trucks with these options, so they don't want to fill their order books with products they can't deliver. Once they have the parts confirmed, they'll likely open the books back up to those options. Just my understanding!

Hi Zach - In the same boat here but I think it's uninformed dealers claiming they'll be included. The options were available to order previously, and they're not listed in the L2 group offering. The prevailing theory is that FCA doesn't have the parts available to continue building trucks with these options, so they don't want to fill their order books with products they can't deliver. Once they have the parts confirmed, they'll likely open the books back up to those options. Just my understanding!
Exactly my thoughts! Thanks for the reply.

They’re unavailable due to shortages, when available they will become an add on option again.

So when you order a new TRX today are they just removing those option from the order form? So those of us that ordered with those option before hand already allocated the parts?

So when you order a new TRX today are they just removing those option from the order form? So those of us that ordered with those option before hand already allocated the parts?
If you are in D1 Status, they have all the bits and pieces necessary to build. If you are in D status, you could be there a bit until the parts become available to advance you to D1. Some 2021 folks were in D way to long for their liking

I'm really curious because I have been on the fence about these two options before the shortage. Are they really worth it? The tech package is the one I am struggling with more than the HK system. Is the tech package a game changer or just a cool feature?

I really like the Head-Up Display and Rear-View Auto-Dimming Digital Display Mirror. Super glad I checked that box :cool:

Mine is on the way so no real experience yet but I wanted the HUD and digital mirror (had them in an AT4) and I passed on the HK system, I figured if I was going to modify the system I could do that with the base system.

I can cooberate that moving forward, the level 2 package will be updated to include both of those options. It will also increase in price to reflect that change.

I think Ram did this to simplify the ordering process and possibly streamline production because they had such a high take rate on the Level 2 trucks.

If you have an existing order with a VIN, there isn't any change that needs to be made.

I just look at the tech pkg as one more thing to break or make getting a window shield replaced much more expensive. My wife has the heads up digital display on her Santa Fe. It nice and all, but I find myself barely using it. So hard to see in the day, and if you have sun glasses forget about it. Only really usable at night in my opinion. As for the HK speakers, I am wishing I didn't order them after all. Sounds like ppl on this forum really not crazy about them. For +1000 dollars I should have stuck with alpine sound system. I have it now in my truck and I really like it.

So wait,
I can cooberate that moving forward, the level 2 package will be updated to include both of those options. It will also increase in price to reflect that change.

I think Ram did this to simplify the ordering process and possibly streamline production because they had such a high take rate on the Level 2 trucks.

If you have an existing order with a VIN, there isn't any change that needs to be made.
So wait, if you ordered a lvl 2 pkg on any 22 they are all now going to come with tech and HK packages no matter when you ordered it?

So wait,

So wait, if you ordered a lvl 2 pkg on any 22 they are all now going to come with tech and HK packages no matter when you ordered it?
Not 100% confirmed so don’t take that to the bank. Might need to reach out directly to a dealer to look into the build sheet and confirm. Only thing that has been confirmed in terms of differences from a 21 to a 22:

price increase on base, but decrease on Level 2 package

UConnect 5

14.1 MPG highway vs 14.0 MPG highway EPA rating…. :)

Dealer just confirmed on this thread:

So wait,

No, Any new orders with a Level 2 moving forward, Ram is updating their verbage and pricing to include it.

It does not change existing orders.

No, Any new orders with a Level 2 moving forward, Ram is updating their verbage and pricing to include it.

Any other changes that are being done that you know of? I am on the verge of ordering and just wanted to know since the online builder doesn't show anything.

So are we able to order a truck today with the updated level 2 package that includes the HK speakers?

So on my order today my lvl 2 trim only show a price of 7750 from my understanding this is same price as before… so does this mean I’m still getting HK speakers and tech pack ??

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back