Gun Thread?

I just like guns and LARP’ing the end of the world gives me an excuse to have more guns.

Also you may want to reconsider shooting someone in the leg unless you feel like getting wrecked in court. A firearm should only be used if you are in legitimate fear for your life and you likely won’t think of wounding them in that state.
Bambi,
First I'm 100% on board with loving guns and the equipment that goes with them. I just don't pretend it is the end of the world, I want it, I buy it :cool:
Second I served in the Israeli army and stopping someone who's a threat was drilled into me so many times I can. and have done it half asleep. Out in the open it is a bullet above their head and then one in the legs, and inside a building it is one in the leg. And if you are an avid shooter you know, once you practiced something 500 times you no longer need to think about it you just do it. The original drill was first chambering the gun loudly just to scare them, and it took me a while to deprogram that part out...

In all honesty I can live with being sued easier then I can live with killing some asshole that had the misfortune of getting into the wrong house. I hope to spend the rest of my life never killing or hurting anyone, I just keep training enough that if I need to I can do whatever needs to be done with minimal damage.

Bambi,
First I'm 100% on board with loving guns and the equipment that goes with them. I just don't pretend it is the end of the world, I want it, I buy it :cool:
Second I served in the Israeli army and stopping someone who's a threat was drilled into me so many times I can. and have done it half asleep. Out in the open it is a bullet above their head and then one in the legs, and inside a building it is one in the leg. And if you are an avid shooter you know, once you practiced something 500 times you no longer need to think about it you just do it. The original drill was first chambering the gun loudly just to scare them, and it took me a while to deprogram that part out...

In all honesty I can live with being sued easier then I can live with killing some asshole that had the misfortune of getting into the wrong house. I hope to spend the rest of my life never killing or hurting anyone, I just keep training enough that if I need to I can do whatever needs to be done with minimal damage.
To use the chambering process to scare someone is really pretty stupid actually. Something goes wrong for any reason you have given away your position, shown intent as this is an escalation, finally may just get yourself killed or wounded because the weapon failed to chamber a round. The use of deadly force is something to be considered carefully before being put into a scenario where you may have to use it.

To use the chambering process to scare someone is really pretty stupid actually. Something goes wrong for any reason you have given away your position, shown intent as this is an escalation, finally may just get yourself killed or wounded because the weapon failed to chamber a round. The use of deadly force is something to be considered carefully before being put into a scenario where you may have to use it.
Bambi,

Who pretend's it's the end of the world by being armed. You're not a liberal or a hippie are you? In the United States this would typically be seen as a hippie and/or liberal and/ anti gun type statement. If a perp enters your house you'd better move with extreme speed and violence and put 2 in the chest or you could practice your failure drill and do 2 in the chest and one in the head. I could not ever begin to comprehend the stupidity of aiming for somebody's leg.

100% agreed in the situation of home defense you do not want to chamber a gun that has already been chambered and loose a bullet in the process and expose yourself to 0.1% of failure. But the original drill was for an army unit encountering a suspect, and that loud noise saved even firing the first round in the air many a times

Who pretend's it's the end of the world by being armed. You're not a liberal or a hippie are you? In the United States this would typically be seen as a hippie and/or liberal and/ anti gun type statement. If a perp enters your house you'd better move with extreme speed and violence and put 2 in the chest or you could practice your failure drill and do 2 in the chest and one in the head. I could not ever begin to comprehend the stupidity of aiming for somebody's leg.
Let's agree to disagree :cool:
For the record I'm a capitalist pig, gun owning Alpha male just like the rest of us boys here. We just see some things differently. And for the ladies in the forum this is not an exclusion, feel free to word it in a way that fits you.

BD2A543E-4968-499F-881D-F103B3A619DF.jpeg

Bambi,

I have 2 family members serving in the idf/intel. Thanks for your service

LARP’ing the end of the world was a joke guys. So serious

LARP’ing the end of the world was a joke guys. So serious
Sorry guys, getting some posts, and member names confused on my tiny phone screen and took it out of context. Have a great weekend.

If a perp enters your house you'd better move with extreme speed and violence and put 2 in the chest or you could practice your failure drill and do 2 in the chest and one in the head. I could not ever begin to comprehend the stupidity of aiming for somebody's leg.
You had better expand on your answer because it makes you look like someone who is clueless about the laws and the use of deadly force. With your statement you could end up in jail and sued for everything you have including your last clean pair of underwear.

In my CCW class they stressed you are much more likely to be sued by a surviving burglar you shot in the leg than you are by the family of a dead one. There’s stories all the time about maimed burglars suing the home owner so it seems to check out.

That said, I would do everything possible to avoid deadly force and do have USCCA membership just in case.

You had better expand on your answer because it makes you look like someone who is clueless about the laws and the use of deadly force. With your statement you could end up in jail and sued for everything you have including your last clean pair of underwear.
Im referencing a home break in as an example where you shot the perp in the chest or center mass and they died as a result. If you put in your statement that you were in fear of your life. You felt your life was in imminent jeopardy or you feared serious bodily harm or death then your use of deadly force is justified. Can you expand on what your confused about or did i answer your question?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im referencing a home break in as an example where you shot the perp in the chest or center mass and they died as a result. If you put in your statement that you were in fear of your life. You felt your life was in imminent jeopardy or you feared serious bodily harm or death then your use of deadly force is justified. Can you expand on what your confused about or did i answer your question?
Yes you did--you (maybe not a 78 year old widow woman) would be arrested in this situation in Texas. It is much, much more complicated than what you have illustrated. If there was no weapon you go to jail. Even if there was a weapon and it was not brandished you would go to jail most likely. You might beat the rap but not the ride and the civil trial not to mention a possible criminal one would be very expensive indeed.

Yes you did--you (maybe not a 78 year old widow woman) would be arrested in this situation in Texas. It is much, much more complicated than what you have illustrated. If there was no weapon you go to jail. Even if there was a weapon and it was not brandished you would go to jail most likely. You might beat the rap but not the ride and the civil trial not to mention a possible criminal one would be very expensive indeed.
This discussion could take hours if we went through all the different possible scenarios I just gave a simplistic answer obviously common sense needs to be applied to every deadly force situation. I disagree with your synopsis. I do not feel that you would go to jail if somebody broke into your house and you shot and killed them in self defense as long as you can articulate that you were in fear of your life. Case in point if it's midnight and you woke up had your firearm and the perp was standing in your hallway or you encountered them at some point and you don't know if they have a weapon or not and you shoot and kill them because you're in fear of your life you would not be charged. We could debate so many different scenarios with so many different variables it would be unending. I appreciate your input. Here is Wa states. Washington Law allows a person to use reasonable force to defend themselves when they are being attacked or have a reasonable belief that they are about to be attacked. A person may not use more force than is necessary given the situation. The law does not impose a duty to retreat. This means that if you are in your home, you do not have to try to escape the situation before defending yourself. This is otherwise called, the “Stand Your Ground Rule" in Washington. On the other hand, you cannot raise self-defense if you are not allowed to be in the place you are being attacked in the first place. You do not have to actually be attacked or injured in order to defend yourself. Washington law allows you to defend yourself if you reasonably believe you are about to be injured.

Last edited by a moderator:
This discussion could take hours if we went through all the different possible scenarios I just gave a simplistic answer obviously common sense needs to be applied to every deadly force situation. I disagree with your synopsis. I do not feel that you would go to jail if somebody broke into your house and you shot and killed them in self defense as long as you can articulate that you were in fear of your life. Case in point if it's midnight and you woke up had your firearm and the perp was standing in your hallway or you encountered them at some point and you don't know if they have a weapon or not and you shoot and kill them because you're in fear of your life you would not be charged. We could debate so many different scenarios with so many different variables it would be unending. I appreciate your input. Here is Wa states. Washington Law allows a person to use reasonable force to defend themselves when they are being attacked or have a reasonable belief that they are about to be attacked. A person may not use more force than is necessary given the situation. The law does not impose a duty to retreat. This means that if you are in your home, you do not have to try to escape the situation before defending yourself. This is otherwise called, the “Stand Your Ground Rule" in Washington. On the other hand, you cannot raise self-defense if you are not allowed to be in the place you are being attacked in the first place. You do not have to actually be attacked or injured in order to defend yourself. Washington law allows you to defend yourself if you reasonably believe you are about to be injured.
Well the only thing that I will or can comment further is that you need to see your Counsel that specializes in this type of thing. You are not in Texas but an even more liberal State than we have. There is no further reason to discuss this further as I have discussed this at length with one of our trial attorneys we use and have some insight into killing an unarmed person inside your domicile and the ramifications. Bottom line is you will come out maybe at the Grey Bar Hotel and minus a whole lot of money even if you are not, Civil actions will be expensive and are completely independent of the criminal side. It is all about what Counsel can convince the jury of. There is a difference in a "rule" and a law.

It all boils down to this "A person may not use more force than is necessary given the situation."

You may comment further however, this is my last word on the subject. We will simply agree to disagree.

Take a look at this narrative it is pretty good at outlining real world applications of the law in your State and looking at some of what the definitions mean. It as I have stated previously Tremendously Complicated.

Last edited:
Dang. The people that come to a pickup truck forum for self defense and legal advise are gonna be more confused than ever.

Sorry BusaDave, I disagree with your logic. I have been in Texas my whole 48 years and use of deadly force against someone illegally in your home is considered justified.

Directly from the Texas Penal Code below.....

SUBCHAPTER C. PROTECTION OF PERSONS

Sec. 9.31. SELF-DEFENSE. (a) Except as provided in Subsection (b), a person is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect the actor against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force. The actor's belief that the force was immediately necessary as described by this subsection is presumed to be reasonable if the actor:

(1) knew or had reason to believe that the person against whom the force was used:

(A) unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor's occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment;

(B) unlawfully and with force removed, or was attempting to remove unlawfully and with force, the actor from the actor's habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment; or

Sorry BusaDave, I disagree with your logic. I have been in Texas my whole 48 years and use of deadly force against someone illegally in your home is considered justified.

Directly from the Texas Penal Code below.....

SUBCHAPTER C. PROTECTION OF PERSONS

Sec. 9.31. SELF-DEFENSE. (a) Except as provided in Subsection (b), a person is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect the actor against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force. The actor's belief that the force was immediately necessary as described by this subsection is presumed to be reasonable if the actor:

(1) knew or had reason to believe that the person against whom the force was used:

(A) unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor's occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment;

(B) unlawfully and with force removed, or was attempting to remove unlawfully and with force, the actor from the actor's habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment; or
Understand citing of the Penal Code. That is the easy answer however, in practice it is much more complicated than that. Consult with your Counsel. All of those words cited and there are many more that contain specific definitions and going further you would have to be cognizant of how actual case law has further refined those definitions and how they apply to the statutes in this area.

As appropriately mentioned above a Truck Forum is not the best place to go for legal advice.

Back