Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
Maserati Levante GTS, Jeep GC Trailhawk, Tesla 3 Long Range
Military
Israeli Air Force
@BusaDave @Bushpirate @zeroghd - thanks for the interesting legal discussion. Both sided raised interesting points that were new to me.
I want to raise another point, and I know, this is a gun thread on a truck forum :cool:

I want to raise an ethical question. Regardless if it is legal to shoot with the intent to kill or not, should you?

I can only speak for myself of course and I think it is wrong. If you are someone who never fired a shot in your life, you are scared out of your wits, and you shoot at the biggest part of the person that scared you, for me this if acceptable.

But if you are like me, and I assume many of the people on this thread, a trained cool headed shooter, the situation is not the same. I think that if you have the presence of mind to accurately aim the gun at the assailant, you should try and not use deadly force.
I think this applies to trained gun owners ex mil and of course cops. If you are a trained professional you should be able to control the situation.
Now of course I'm not saying this is always feasible, if there is an armed robber 3 ft from you, you don't start telling them to stop cause you are armed. You stop them the fastest way you can, but surely if we take the time to buy all these weapons and train as much as many do, we should be able to use judgment and a cool head when we need to.

OP
Bambi

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dang. The people that come to a pickup truck forum for self defense and legal advise are gonna be more confused than ever.
Wait. This is a truck forum? No wonder the mods get so angry with my meme thread

AZTRX

TRX Fan
Reaction score
what you got there bud? looks nice man tell me whats on it all the specs please.
The gun on the post is chambered in .22 match. It is a Vudoo action with a Preferred Barrel Blanks barrel. Trigger is a Timney Calvin Elite. Chassis is XLR Envy. The can is the SilencerCo Switchback in .22 LR configuration. The glass is March optics.

OP
Bambi

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
PS. IF they do not leave your home talking its your story however you make it happen. Also, there is firearm insurance for that. when you used to be the law it is easier to know the limits. No one has stated in the comments that someone unarmed breaks in there house and they shoot them for fun. I live in MD where some of the strictest gun laws live. Common sense would say it is all as a last resort. Most however even with some training would not be able to make a weapon function after stress rates hit a certain level. some nice guns on this post though. I have witnessed some crazy suites for survivors of shootings and home invasions gone bad.
I’ve never had to shoot someone in self defense but have been on a few dangerous game hunts. My favorite 2 stress induced “malfunctions” are;

One dude shooting a double rifle with two triggers shot first barrel at an Elephant then promptly forgot there was a second trigger and squeezed so hard on the first trigger trying to get the second shot off he bent it.

Another dude using a bolt gun missed on first shot then proceeded to cycle the action to empty as a cape buffalo ran to the horizon. Guide told dude he missed. Dude can’t believe it. He fired 5 times! 4 unfired shells and one fired on the ground. He forgot to pull the trigger on rounds 2-5.

MAXGroup

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
Military
Israeli Air Force
I’ve never had to shoot someone in self defense but have been on a few dangerous game hunts. My favorite 2 stress induced “malfunctions” are;

One dude shooting a double rifle with two triggers shot first barrel at an Elephant then promptly forgot there was a second trigger and squeezed so hard on the first trigger trying to get the second shot off he bent it.

Another dude using a bolt gun missed on first shot then proceeded to cycle the action to empty as a cape buffalo ran to the horizon. Guide told dude he missed. Dude can’t believe it. He fired 5 times! 4 unfired shells and one fired on the ground. He forgot to pull the trigger on rounds 2-5.
This is the one thing to remember, when something sinister is coming at you, it is a lot harder to get it right. This is where training gets the job done.
I think one theory I heard that to do something automatically you need 10,000 repetitions. I can't remember if it was that number or 50K 0r 5K but I think it is safe to say most of us have that repetition in driving a car, but not many in operating weapons...

OP
Bambi

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2

BusaDave

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Name
Dave
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 M
@BusaDave @Bushpirate @zeroghd - thanks for the interesting legal discussion. Both sided raised interesting points that were new to me.
I want to raise another point, and I know, this is a gun thread on a truck forum :cool:

I want to raise an ethical question. Regardless if it is legal to shoot with the intent to kill or not, should you?

I can only speak for myself of course and I think it is wrong. If you are someone who never fired a shot in your life, you are scared out of your wits, and you shoot at the biggest part of the person that scared you, for me this if acceptable.

But if you are like me, and I assume many of the people on this thread, a trained cool headed shooter, the situation is not the same. I think that if you have the presence of mind to accurately aim the gun at the assailant, you should try and not use deadly force.
I think this applies to trained gun owners ex mil and of course cops. If you are a trained professional you should be able to control the situation.
Now of course I'm not saying this is always feasible, if there is an armed robber 3 ft from you, you don't start telling them to stop cause you are armed. You stop them the fastest way you can, but surely if we take the time to buy all these weapons and train as much as many do, we should be able to use judgment and a cool head when we need to.
Understand your wanting to address a different point. My reply is this and Counsel had a bearing on it. I will never discuss this on a Forum. These things can come back to haunt you! Call me and we can discuss it. ;)

MAXGroup

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
Military
Israeli Air Force
OP
Bambi

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
OP
Bambi

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Understand your wanting to address a different point. My reply is this and Counsel had a bearing on it. I will never discuss this on a Forum. These things can come back to haunt you! Call me and we can discuss it. ;)
Just to highlight what can happen. And this dude had an AK pointed at him from feet away in the middle of a riot. Murder charge, in TX.

Trxdreamin

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Clint
Current Ride
2020 Tacoma,06 Charger Daytona
Current Ride #2
15 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Military
Army
Don’t….trust…today’s…”justice” system. Don’t discuss shit like this on an open forum.

Guns are the greatest, god bless the second amendment.

ceb

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
OP
Bambi

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
I really hope I am not put in a position
where I ever have to take a human life, ever.

BusaDave

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Name
Dave
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 M
Ok---in the sprit of the thread. A one off 9x23 Win Rob at Cabot did for me....

20171026_052953.jpg

MAXGroup

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
Military
Israeli Air Force

BusaDave

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Name
Dave
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 M
Are those stars on the trigger drilled in or stickers?
Either way I love that detail!
Those are indeed stars. Forgot to spec the non standard trigger in the build. Those stars "trademark" Cabot in their builds. I can replace it but it is not that big of a deal. Here is another one without.
20210201_070335[1].jpg

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com