Gritty pepper on the dash, YUMMY - anyone else had this happen?

Elrodd

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Military
Ex-Army
Been driving through a lot of snow, salt, slush areas, not sure how much this impacts this, but I have a layer of what looks like pepper like dust on the dash that is very gritty like sand or salt would be. Not sure if that is crap coming through the re-circ / vents on the dash or what? Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this driving in similar conditions., or just in general?

Been driving through a lot of snow, salt, slush areas, not sure how much this impacts this, but I have a layer of what looks like pepper like dust on the dash that is very gritty like sand or salt would be. Not sure if that is crap coming through the re-circ / vents on the dash or what? Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this driving in similar conditions., or just in general?
Upload a photo please.

Upload a photo please.
dashfairydust.jpg

Let us know what you find out. I doubt my 67 mustang had a carbon filter and I never had anything my dash.

I once saw a lambo that got driven through a flood. Inside was full of cocaine. Like an 8 ball air burst in the cabin. Might it be that?

Never hurts to check your cabin filter, but being a Jeep guy, I would not be too concerned. Even with the filter in place, I end up with dirt, dust, salt and crap inside when I go out playing... It just gets in. Cleaning can be time consuming.

Any time I am not leading, or otherwise behind someone, I make sure the windows are up and the recirc button is pressed if I am driving something I want to keep clean. That is the best prevision to the particles but still not full proof.

Back