Gritty pepper on the dash, YUMMY - anyone else had this happen?

Elrodd

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Military
Ex-Army
Been driving through a lot of snow, salt, slush areas, not sure how much this impacts this, but I have a layer of what looks like pepper like dust on the dash that is very gritty like sand or salt would be. Not sure if that is crap coming through the re-circ / vents on the dash or what? Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this driving in similar conditions., or just in general?

Hellasaurus

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Military
Army
Been driving through a lot of snow, salt, slush areas, not sure how much this impacts this, but I have a layer of what looks like pepper like dust on the dash that is very gritty like sand or salt would be. Not sure if that is crap coming through the re-circ / vents on the dash or what? Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this driving in similar conditions., or just in general?
Upload a photo please.

OP
Elrodd

Elrodd

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Military
Ex-Army
Upload a photo please.
dashfairydust.jpg

T-Rex

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ford F-150
Let us know what you find out. I doubt my 67 mustang had a carbon filter and I never had anything my dash.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee
I once saw a lambo that got driven through a flood. Inside was full of cocaine. Like an 8 ball air burst in the cabin. Might it be that?

AZ Car Guy

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Too Many, it’s a problem.
Never hurts to check your cabin filter, but being a Jeep guy, I would not be too concerned. Even with the filter in place, I end up with dirt, dust, salt and crap inside when I go out playing... It just gets in. Cleaning can be time consuming.

Any time I am not leading, or otherwise behind someone, I make sure the windows are up and the recirc button is pressed if I am driving something I want to keep clean. That is the best prevision to the particles but still not full proof.

Latest Discussions...

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com