Going under the knife...standby for Stage II **Updated 10/19/22 after Dusterhoff Tune**😎

S&B intake and JLT catch can
2.85 griptec upper (based on everyone’s experiences on the hellcat forum to optimize for pump gas and stay within the blower compressor map efficiency range)
ID1050x injectors
180 tstat
FI blower thermal spacers (bc AZ heat sucks)
Flex fuel PCM/TCM tune (Dusterhoff)

Package conservative enough for pump gas and towing but still almost 200hp gain on e85. And something I could install myself (although pulling the blower for the spacers was a PITA).

Depending on how logs look in the summer heat I may port the snout in the future and if the Ripatuned interchiller gets good reviews from folks then I would consider that in the future as well.
Thanks for the detailed list! Looks like you did some research. If I don’t go the Satera route, I’ll probably do the same.
I’ve called Dusterhuff 3 times to see if he’s offering any specials, but it goes to voicemail

Thanks for the detailed list! Looks like you did some research. If I don’t go the Satera route, I’ll probably do the same.
I’ve called Dusterhuff 3 times to see if he’s offering any specials, but it goes to voicemail
They are out of office until Monday just FYI.

They have posted their black friday sales now in instagram and facebook. What are you looking for and I will copy and paste.

They have posted their black friday sales now in instagram and facebook. What are you looking for and I will copy and paste.
I was looking at their 877 and 937 packages. I really appreciate it!

S&B intake and JLT catch can
2.85 griptec upper (based on everyone’s experiences on the hellcat forum to optimize for pump gas and stay within the blower compressor map efficiency range)
ID1050x injectors
180 tstat
FI blower thermal spacers (bc AZ heat sucks)
Flex fuel PCM/TCM tune (Dusterhoff)

Package conservative enough for pump gas and towing but still almost 200hp gain on e85. And something I could install myself (although pulling the blower for the spacers was a PITA).

Depending on how logs look in the summer heat I may port the snout in the future and if the Ripatuned interchiller gets good reviews from folks then I would consider that in the future as well.
So how exactly does the remote tuning work with Dusterhoff? With the Raptor, you could purchase the Cobb handheld tuner and install tunes and transfer logs with the tuner via email. Is there some sort of handheld tuner with the TRX to install the tunes and email logs?
Satera tuning quoted me their level 1 package/installation and dyno/street tuning for 3,985.00. What are your thoughts on this? Sorry for all the questions, just want to make the best decision.
Thanks

So how exactly does the remote tuning work with Dusterhoff? With the Raptor, you could purchase the Cobb handheld tuner and install tunes and transfer logs with the tuner via email. Is there some sort of handheld tuner with the TRX to install the tunes and email logs?
Satera tuning quoted me their level 1 package/installation and dyno/street tuning for 3,985.00. What are your thoughts on this? Sorry for all the questions, just want to make the best decision.
Thanks
With Dusterhoff you purchase an RTD (dongle for the OBDII port) which is similar to the HPTuners MPVI3 but doesn’t give you the ability to change parameters yourself. You then download an app to your phone and pair with the RTD in the vehicle and pair with the tuners account. From there all the logging and file transfers are done via the app on the phone. You log and upload, tuner reviews, makes adjustments, sends you new tune, you load new tune, rinse and repeat.

With Dusterhoff you purchase an RTD (dongle for the OBDII port) which is similar to the HPTuners MPVI3 but doesn’t give you the ability to change parameters yourself. You then download an app to your phone and pair with the RTD in the vehicle and pair with the tuners account. From there all the logging and file transfers are done via the app on the phone. You log and upload, tuner reviews, makes adjustments, sends you new tune, you load new tune, rinse and repeat.
Sounds easy enough. I didn’t realize there was an app for tuning. I appreciate the information!

I so want to jump on the bandwagon but not sure the best way to go for me. Looking for 100 to 150 more and very safe for towing. Also would like the ability to use 91 if I had to for some reason.

just an s&B intake for now.... the longer we wait the less likely ill be stock.lol
Haha! Let me know when you’d like to sync up. PM me and we can coordinate

Duster is having 10% off from 25th- 28th of november. "BFPackage" coupon code. I'm so tempted but man is this a tough decision!
I’m right there with you. Driving myself crazy on tuning or not, then which one, Satera or Duster?!

I would like to use a decoupling pulley on mine and HHP offers that option. Not sure what top pulley Dusterhoff is using. Ima like how Rippa is pinning the crank to be safe. I’d also like that option.
Curt uses a 2.82 upper on the flex tune. 2.67 on e85 and a bap. I'm making 17lbs on my 2.82 in good air.

Did you try email?

I so want to jump on the bandwagon but not sure the best way to go for me. Looking for 100 to 150 more and very safe for towing. Also would like the ability to use 91 if I had to for some reason.
This is where it gets tricky, doing a pump tune and also be safe towing. Most flex or pump gas tunes are around 15-16 boost and that is just to much while towing imo. Some places while traveling only have 87 octane, and I saw this last summer in places. So the fix? This is my set up, Dusterhoff flex with a 2.82 upper and when I plan on towing and honestly it's not to often in this truck I change my upper to a 3.1 and that takes boost to 13-14. If you have an adjustable idler you can swap pulley and use same belt in 5 minutes. The same tune works fine. I data logged the tow and sent it to curt and everything looked great. Me and curt agreed the 2.82 might be to much for towing.

This is where it gets tricky, doing a pump tune and also be safe towing. Most flex or pump gas tunes are around 15-16 boost and that is just to much while towing imo. Some places while traveling only have 87 octane, and I saw this last summer in places. So the fix? This is my set up, Dusterhoff flex with a 2.82 upper and when I plan on towing and honestly it's not to often in this truck I change my upper to a 3.1 and that takes boost to 13-14. If you have an adjustable idler you can swap pulley and use same belt in 5 minutes. The same tune works fine. I data logged the tow and sent it to curt and everything looked great. Me and curt agreed the 2.82 might be to much for towing.
When i tow i never see 12psi (my current max boost) so i can’t imagine ever seeing 15-16 with the pulley. Not sure how you guys tow but i usually dont WOT too much with a trailer lol.

With the 2.82 upper my truck will make 15 psi at 3k rpm so one down shift going up a hill on cruise control and she could hit 15 easy. The 3.1 upper is perfect for towing, about the same as if you were running the incognito lower and I ran that lower for 18k miles on my first Trx with zero issues towing so I know the 3.1 upper is a nice safe towing set up. My truck builds boost very quick and easy with that 2.82 upper so you would have to be very VERY careful if anyone was to try and tow with a 2.82 or 2.85 upper set up on a trx.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back