Going under the knife...standby for Stage II **Updated 10/19/22 after Dusterhoff Tune**šŸ˜Ž

Corporate_Thug

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
2022 BMW X3M and 2014 Stage V Harley Davidson Low Rider
Military
Air Force Veteran
Truck is going under the knife on Monday for a Stage II upgrade from American Muscle Performance out of Pompano Beach, FL! (Injectors, 2.85 UPPER, 10% OD Lower, 170 T-stat, Plugs, Mighty Mouse Catch Can, Borla ATAK Catback, BAP and tune for 93octane. Already have S&B Intake installed). Expecting to get around 750whp, will post dyno sheet after I get the truck back next Friday!

Here are some Dragy 1/4 mile pulls I did today to get a baseline idea prior to the Stage II. The only mod to the truck now is S&B CAI. The fastest time says ā€œinvalidā€ because the signal faded a little. Shocked at these numbers for stock and canā€™t wait to see what the mods do this week! 0-60 times are on the graph, 4.06 and 4.30

The faster time slip was actually a lower launch RPM just brake torquing on both. 12.47 ET= 1500 RPM launch & 12.63 ET= 2000 RPM launch

706370AF-282B-48F2-8179-218B521ED33A.jpeg6C594B39-4BDC-4C3A-AD18-4678B063BBD8.jpeg

Last edited:
Hm, curious to see your results. Thatā€™s a spicy pulley combo on pump gasā€¦ donā€™t think I have seen any other shop willing to throw that much heat into the motor on pump. Are they doing the BAP as prep for e85 in the future? Definitely shouldnā€™t need it on 93.

That sounds like it will be a solid and fun truck build. Look forward to pictures of the beast when done

That sounds like it will be a solid and fun truck build. Look forward to pictures of the beast when done
Thanks! Yeah, I need to post pics. I have also done a Stealth PPF, Black Gorilla Lugs and Black Skid Plate

Hm, curious to see your results. Thatā€™s a spicy pulley combo on pump gasā€¦ donā€™t think I have seen any other shop willing to throw that much heat into the motor on pump. Are they doing the BAP as prep for e85 in the future? Definitely shouldnā€™t need it on 93.

Thats the standard, at least down here. I think he did mean 2.85 upper though. We will be doing ours with the same but adding ARH 2" headers and blower spacers and blankets. So it will be a fun comparison. Hopefully when all our parts come in, it's a bit cooler.

Thats the standard, at least down here. I think he did mean 2.85 upper though. We will be doing ours with the same but adding ARH 2" headers and blower spacers and blankets. So it will be a fun comparison. Hopefully when all our parts come in, it's a bit cooler.
Yes, corrected above. Thanks for the catch!

Definitely more boost on the TRX (much heavier than a hellcat) on pump gas than anyone else I know. Should be 17+ PSI without the headers. Would love to see how that stacks up to one with just the 2.85 upper running a lot more timing and less heat than that package.

Donā€™t get me wrong, not trying to criticize here as I know there are two different schools of thought for making power (more boost and less timing or less boost and more timing). Iā€™m just trying to understand their logic/experience. I have always found personally (and even more so in a hot climate) that the more boost method works well for turbo applications (cooler charge and quick recovery) but not PD style blowers which heat soak quickly and recover slowly with IC bricks internally mounted. Therefore the more boost approach works well for a dyno pull or maybe first few seconds on the street but after that itā€™s hot and hitting the STKR tables. Just doesnā€™t seem worth it to put that much more strain on the blower bearings and rotating assembly. Maybe Iā€™m wrong thoughā€¦guess it depends if you want longevity and consistency or peak dyno hp.

Last edited:
Definitely more boost on the TRX (much heavier than a hellcat) on pump gas than anyone else I know. Should be 17+ PSI without the headers. Would love to see how that stacks up to one with just the 2.85 upper running a lot more timing and less heat than that package.

Donā€™t get me wrong, not trying to criticize here as I know there are two different schools of thought for making power (more boost and less timing or less boost and more timing). Iā€™m just trying to understand their logic/experience. I have always found personally (and even more so in a hot climate) that the more boost method works well for turbo applications (cooler charge and quick recovery) but not PD style blowers which heat soak quickly and recover slowly with IC bricks internally mounted. Therefore the more boost approach works well for a dyno pull or maybe first few seconds on the street but after that itā€™s hot and hitting the STKR tables. Just doesnā€™t seem worth it to put that much more strain on the blower bearings and rotating assembly. Maybe Iā€™m wrong thoughā€¦guess it depends if you want longevity and consistency or peak dyno hp.
Interesting perspective, thank you! Would love to hear others thoughts as well. Pros and cons both ways I would think. Current structure should net about 4psi of additional boost.

Interesting perspective, thank you! Would love to hear others thoughts as well. Pros and cons both ways I would think. Current structure should net about 4psi of additional boost.
I highly doubt that unless you are doing longtubes as well.

43ACCCFA-0CB8-4D1F-A6A5-78ECCF2D9094.jpeg

I highly doubt that unless you are doing longtubes as well.

View attachment 47949

Check this out, different angle that kind of contradicts what you are saying

Last edited:
Check this out, different angle that kind of contradicts what you are saying

I guess I donā€™t understand what point you are trying to get acrossā€¦ what does that thread contradict?

The hellcat forum is a plethora of knowledge for this motor which is actually one of the primary reasons I lean toward nothing more than a 2.85 upper on blower speed for pump gas. Thereā€™s probably a half dozen or more threads on there related to the topic such as this one here which discusses my point about timing and boost (end of page 1 and start page 2) from a few of the reputable tuners for the hellcat platform:

Oh, btw that conversion chart for pulleys and boost is also direct from their forum. If you search pump gas pulley combo on that site you can peruse the threads. There are a small handful of folks going your route that are track racers and want to push the limits. They arenā€™t scared of grenading a motor. Perhaps you are in that position too, in which case ignore my comments altogether. My perspective is keeping a 7000lb truck reliable (and still being able to tow with it) versus pushing a 3500lb car to the max.

Last edited:
@SRG_Joe & @AZDinoPwr check out the original post, I added in some baseline Dragy 1/4 mile runs. Iā€™ll add in new ones for comparison when I get the truck back!

@SRG_Joe & @AZDinoPwr check out the original post, I added in some baseline Dragy 1/4 mile runs. Iā€™ll add in new ones for comparison when I get the truck back!
Great add! Mind if I ask the trim on your truck and any additions so we can ballpark weight? From that and trap/et we can get a good estimate of hp too.

Great add! Mind if I ask the trim on your truck and any additions so we can ballpark weight? From that and trap/et we can get a good estimate of hp too.
That would be awesome, because they aren't doing a baseline dyno! It is a Level 1, 19 Speaker HK, Park and Blind spot Assist. Only weight added is RetraxPro MX bed cover

That would be awesome, because they aren't doing a baseline dyno! It is a Level 1, 19 Speaker HK, Park and Blind spot Assist. Only weight added is RetraxPro MX bed cover
Assuming weight of 6850lbs and using the MPH (better than ET for consistency) then the estimate for WHP is 589 which isnā€™t too far off other members dyno results. Interestingly, if the CAI is adding about 20-30hp then those numbers seem spot on.

Looking forward to the new numbers this week!

Assuming weight of 6850lbs and using the MPH (better than ET for consistency) then the estimate for WHP is 589 which isnā€™t too far off other members dyno results. Interestingly, if the CAI is adding about 20-30hp then those numbers seem spot on.

Looking forward to the new numbers this week!
Thanks man! Interesting.....what are you seeing on the dyno without the CAI?

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back