Getting cold feet - winter driving in the TRX

TerrysTRX

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Billet silver TRX
I have absolutely no problems in snow with my Power Wagon. I'm getting cold feet on how this new truck will handle Iowa winters. I know there's going to be a mode for snow but will it work as well as shifting into 4x4 in my Wagon? I just don't know...... someone reassure me....... please?

Nope... you are a dead man.

8 inches of snow hit Colorado where the test mule trucks were.. 14 injured...3 dead...

Damaged trucks were pulled out by Fords

Nope... you are a dead man.

8 inches of snow hit Colorado where the test mule trucks were.. 14 injured...3 dead...

Damaged trucks were pulled out by Fords
Yeah and sorry the media did an embargo......

Yeah and sorry the media did an embargo......
I heard they sent in the national guard and burned the remains. God bless those brave Ford trucks that went in there to attempt a rescue.

I have absolutely no problems in snow with my Power Wagon. I'm getting cold feet on how this new truck will handle Iowa winters. I know there's going to be a mode for snow but will it work as well as shifting into 4x4 in my Wagon? I just don't know...... someone reassure me....... please?
No need to shift into 4x4. The TRX is always 4x4

Might be the beer tlaking. Don't get on a forum after a few I guess
It is a pickup truck with 702hp. It is light in the back and heavy in the front. Get on the throttle too hard on ice and enjoy your trip into a ditch. Drive it carefully and you will probably be OK. If you are really worried, buy an old Subaru to drive in the winter and some snow tires.

if you were able to drive a power wagon, this should not be a problem. Put it in snow mode and go easy on the gas and Bob's your uncle.

I don’t know about all that pussy footing crap...all that power works better then brakes to steer in the snow and ice. Ever see how fast ice racers tires move? Full time awd is better then 4x4. Power distribution, torque vectoring... much smarter then our PWs... an Audi s6 with airbags can get through nearly any road condition our PWs can lol

Too bad they didn't offer the snow plow package to reassure you. But you should be fine, the truck from pictures looks as big as a PW

I don’t know about all that pussy footing crap...all that power works better then brakes to steer in the snow and ice. Ever see how fast ice racers tires move? Full time awd is better then 4x4. Power distribution, torque vectoring... much smarter then our PWs... an Audi s6 with airbags can get through nearly any road condition our PWs can lol
Well, make sure you have gopro footage to post when you go pedal to the metal in the snow and ice. I will crack a beer and watch that go down.

Yeah, I'm sure they just hap hazard made a mode specific for snow. The AWD 6500lb vehicle on 35s is really going to suck in snow. It can climb absolutely massive sand dunes, but that 6inches of snow in Iowa is really going to be a match for it. Maybe switch to front wheel drive prius with blizzaks just to be safe.

Softer compliant suspension is going to help too. My 2500 is decent in snow but that stiff suspension doesn't always bode well for keeping tires in contact with the road. The TRX should be a definite improvement towards keeping those tires gripping the snow!

If I had to guess, the snow mode will reduce power and throttle response because the snow mode on the Raptor definitely makes the truck less powerful and reduces throttle response. Babying the throttle right will make it handle in snow as good or better then any truck.

If I had to guess, the snow mode will reduce power and throttle response because the snow mode on the Raptor definitely makes the truck less powerful and reduces throttle response. Babying the throttle right will make it handle in snow as good or better then any truck.
Totally agree, in addition to adjusting throttle response, torque split between front and rear wheel change, transmission shift timing will change, Steering stiffness, and suspension as well

4F3F7C29-818B-451C-98D5-F113E8292BD0.png

I'd be more worried about what the salt would do to the nice fancy shocks than if it would handle the snow drivability wise.

Softer compliant suspension is going to help too. My 2500 is decent in snow but that stiff suspension doesn't always bode well for keeping tires in contact with the road. The TRX should be a definite improvement towards keeping those tires gripping the snow!
You’ve never been in a powerwagon! Known for the soft suspension.

Back