FYI.... Key Fobs

Durango

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Name
Brian
Current Ride
Ram 4WD 2500, Jeep Rubicon, Mercedes 4WD Sprinter, Scat Pack Charger, Ram TRX
The window sticker will indicate one key if in fact it only has one key. If they have a second available you will get a second and the window sticker will be updated. This is even for rams built after 4/13.
The chip shortage isn’t or hasn’t gotten better yet. A Taiwan major chip manufacture is building a plant in Arizona to combat the shortage. However last time checking it’s still being built.
The problem hasn’t peaked yet either. For whatever reason the ram hasn’t been too affected.
No FCA/Stellantis vehicle I've bought in the last few years say anything on the Monroney (Window Sticker) about one or two or none or any key Fobs - only the Build Sheets have a listing of this.

hellcat07

TRX Fiend
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Name
Chris
Current Ride
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody
The window sticker will indicate one key if in fact it only has one key. If they have a second available you will get a second and the window sticker will be updated. This is even for rams built after 4/13.
The chip shortage isn’t or hasn’t gotten better yet. A Taiwan major chip manufacture is building a plant in Arizona to combat the shortage. However last time checking it’s still being built.
The problem hasn’t peaked yet either. For whatever reason the ram hasn’t been too affected.
Where on the Window Sticker does it show key fob(s). Iam totally missing it, can't find it.

Deluxesp

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Shane
Current Ride
Tahoe
Current Ride #2
Mercedes cla250
according to GM it has gotten better..

APEX TRX

In doubt, throttle out!
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Raptor, 2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody, 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1996 Bronco, 2015 Explorer Sport
As an FYI for you guys and to put some of your minds at ease, I picked up my TRX today. Built at the end of May, well after the reported "All Rams built after 4/13" and I got two key fobs. (y)

Durango

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Name
Brian
Current Ride
My truck got here today and I have two key fobs. Built on 5/27. My build sheet just said key fob and my window sticker made no mention of the key fob, just keyless entry.
Mine was built on 5/12, and still not at the dealer's...sitting at the railyard for over a week and apparently unable to hitch a ride to the dealer. But glad to hear the wording on the Build sheet isn't necessarily an indicator of what is to come - eventually.

TRXSerge

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Serge
Current Ride
Ford Explorer
Took delivery this week, built 6/3 and I received two fobs. My dealer said sold orders still come with two fobs, not sure how true that is but I got two and mine was a sold order.

Durango

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Name
Brian
Current Ride
Mine ended up with two fobs, too.

Reactions: ALJ
RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com