Frustrated!!!!

#TRXstillhope

TRX Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Does anybody knows what’s the governor speed set on the raptors??
Couldn’t not keep up with a raptor just a moment ago on the expressway!!!!
So f*%*!g pissed !!!!!!
It’s okay if the guy have the governor removed, but if he didn’t it’s unacceptable ........
@Jackson I was on the 635 expressway and couldn’t keep up with him, this damn 118 governor ........
Sorry if there are threads about this already , just venting guys........
😡😤😡😤

24Nights

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Trx
Current Ride #2
13 Mustang Gt Cali Special
Hey guys,
So f*%*!g pissed !!!!!!
It’s okay if the guy have the governor removed, but if he didn’t it’s unacceptable ........
@Jackson I was on the 635 expressway and couldn’t keep up with him, this damn 118 governor ........
😡😤😡😤
They had a tune, my 2020 craptor cut off around 108.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hey guys,
So f*%*!g pissed !!!!!!
😡😤😡😤
Were you walking him before the limiter? I’d be pissed too and probably get a tune within a week. I feel your pain

OP
T

#TRXstillhope

TRX Member
Reaction score
Were you walking him before the limiter? I’d be pissed too and probably get a tune within a week. I feel your pain
He was already on the expressway, I saw him and tried to pass him, but couldn’t ..... he was doing about 105-110 already .......

173scott

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2021 4XE
Who has tuned their trx? Mine is coming soon 1C6SRFU99MN707804 this month or beginning of June. Programer tuners are available out their. Would this have not let the raptor get ya? Who knows?

JumpSquadAuto

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2020 C8 Corvette
Speed governor from the factory is 107 on the Raptors. He had a tune. In a straight line a Raptor with an intake, downpipe back exhaust, and tune will beat a TRX in a straight line cause of it being 800lbs lighter

JumpSquadAuto

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2020 C8 Corvette
I have a raptor with all those things and more.

no it won’t.

It’s close but no cigar
TFL did a race between a TRX and a Tuned raptor with intake, exhaust and spd adapter, downpipe and exhaust.......the TRX won by literally a foot. The Raptor was sitting 4 inches lifted on 37s. I've raced a Raptor with all those mods plus an intercooler and lets just say that video will never make my channel lol. I may pony up with the Ripatune package and then its game on lol.

I mean its stock to aftermarket and a simple tune makes the TRX out of reach for the Raptor but in the context of the OPs situation, the Raptor was definitely not stock.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
It just did for me.... sadly.....
If it makes you feel better if this started at 105, you had basically no time to make a move before sitting on the Governor. I think a 75-110 pull would have been very different

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Who has tuned their trx? Mine is coming soon 1C6SRFU99MN707804 this month or beginning of June. Programer tuners are available out their. Would this have not let the raptor get ya? Who knows?
I think it beats a tuned raptor if just the Governor was off. I know I bang that gov really fast.

OP
T

#TRXstillhope

TRX Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better if this started at 105, you had basically no time to make a move before sitting on the Governor. I think a 75-110 pull would have been very different
I know @Bambi, I used to have an Audi RS7 performance package and that car was a pleasure to drive ...... it had a governor at 195... I know I’m not comparing apples to apples but my damn daily driver BMW 335I can clock 165mph...... I love my truck, but today I was really pissed....... lol

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
I know @Bambi, I used to have an Audi RS7 performance package and that car was a pleasure to drive ...... it had a governor at 195... I know I’m not comparing apples to apples but my damn daily driver BMW 335I can clock 165mph...... I love my truck, but today I was really pissed....... lol
I get it. You are talking to someone that never took my sportscar out without breaking 170. The struggle is real. Just console yourself with the fact that the truck has way more speed in it based on how quick it gets to 117. Just call a tuner tomorrow and have them pull the Governor. I doubt Ram could void your warranty for that. Or say fuck it and buy a powerkit.

I’m struggling not to do this myself. If I got beat by a raptor I would probably be calling tomorrow but I’m a vengeful bastard. Only have a thousand miles on it. Trying to see if something will break before I light my warranty on fire

OP
T

#TRXstillhope

TRX Member
Reaction score
I get it. You are talking to someone that never took my sportscar out without breaking 170. The struggle is real. Just console yourself with the fact that the truck has way more speed in it based on how quick it gets to 117. Just call a tuner tomorrow and have them pull the Governor. I doubt Ram could void your warranty for that. Or say fuck it and buy a powerkit.

I’m struggling not to do this myself. If I got beat by a raptor I would probably be calling tomorrow but I’m a vengeful bastard. Only have a thousand miles on it. Trying to see if something will break before I light my warranty on fire
I sure will..... I know the aerodynamics plays a big factor on it and they need to build for the crowd and not for the enthusiast .... I’ll look it up into it......

APEX TRX

In doubt, throttle out!
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 ZL1 1LE, 1996 Bronco, 2015 Explorer Sport
The Gen 2 Raptor is limited to 107 due to tire speed rating limit similar to TRX. However, a tune can deactivate...

Attachments

• speedo.jpg
    speedo.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 43

HeliPilot

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Military
USAF
Exactly. I remember being passed by a Silverado one day in my Gen 2 Raptor. Immediately ordered/installed an MPT tune. Top speed moved from 107, to burying the needle on the dash. Apples to Apples, a tuned TRX will walk the Raptor star to finish.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton