Front Skid Plate

F8Demon

TRX Addict
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Dodge Demon and 2021 Hydro Blue TRX
Does anyone know how much the black front skid plate from the rebel costs? Also how difficult to install? Thanks in advance

Just an idea, but what if you paint the existing one? Or powder coat it?

Just an idea, but what if you paint the existing one? Or powder coat it?
Mainly for cosmetic purposes, but other than lights they also are used for hauling large items in back of truck without hitting back of the cab (kayaks, lumber, etc.)

I think it looks amazing and wish I could add it to my truck, but can't as I'll have a tonneau cover on the truck (either Retrax Pro XR, or Pace Edwards Ultragroove metal).

Mainly for cosmetic purposes, but other than lights they also are used for hauling large items in back of truck without hitting back of the cab (kayaks, lumber, etc.)

I think it looks amazing and wish I could add it to my truck, but can't as I'll have a tonneau cover on the truck (either Retrax Pro XR, or Pace Edwards Ultragroove metal).

LOL I think we are talking about 2 different things :)

Does anyone know how much the black front skid plate from the rebel costs? Also how difficult to install? Thanks in advance
You'll need to remove it anyway, might as well give it a light sanding and spray some bed liner on it with the color of your choice....

there are 2 part numbers for the skid plate.... This one is more expensive ... so perhaps it is the black one.... hopefully your part guy will know... but there is the price....

there are 2 part numbers for the skid plate.... This one is more expensive ... so perhaps it is the black one.... hopefully your part guy will know... but there is the price....
Thank you! Honestly I expected more. I'm thinking it might be worth it as it will be an exact match, wear the same etc. than coating it with something.

Thank you! Honestly I expected more. I'm thinking it might be worth it as it will be an exact match, wear the same etc. than coating it with something.

Agreed.... the picture also shows how many fasteners are involved.......Going to do plate same time as lighting....

520B7457-666C-49A3-BF5B-CEBAB5F3149A.jpeg
161CCEFD-9881-42A8-BEAF-CC513B74B10D.jpeg
D8FABC8E-102D-4ED1-BD30-8950628FDD93.jpeg

Last edited:
so do we have an actual rebel part number for a black skid plate that will fit the TRX?

I got an ultragroove metal. Seems to be great. Will be even cooler when I install...if I only had a truck 🤔

I liked the PE one, because you can just lock the tailgate vs the tailgate and separate key for the cover.

so do we have an actual rebel part number for a black skid plate that will fit the TRX?
Yes, @Nowwhat posted something for that September 24th. Go back through the orders posts in this thread.

Just a quick follow up from this thread. Surprisingly I was able to buy the Rambar accessory from my local dealer and then install it myself. Then I was also able to successfully install the retrax Pro XR tonneau cover with the Rambar and it fits perfectly!

Here is a link to the thread with some pictures:

Yes, @Nowwhat posted something for that September 24th. Go back through the orders posts in this thread.
Yes, and he posted the number for the stock grey one. Dont fall for it like I did. Read through this thread:

Last edited:

View attachment 5329
This was my black plate

So who’s got the lowest price on these online? Going to get mine ordered up.

We need a DIY write up!

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back