Front Skid Plate

F8Demon

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Dodge Demon and 2021 Hydro Blue TRX
Does anyone know how much the black front skid plate from the rebel costs? Also how difficult to install? Thanks in advance

ryancassidy

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram1500, GLC63
Just an idea, but what if you paint the existing one? Or powder coat it?

tkdr6

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2013 Ram 3500 Laramie
Just an idea, but what if you paint the existing one? Or powder coat it?
Mainly for cosmetic purposes, but other than lights they also are used for hauling large items in back of truck without hitting back of the cab (kayaks, lumber, etc.)

I think it looks amazing and wish I could add it to my truck, but can't as I'll have a tonneau cover on the truck (either Retrax Pro XR, or Pace Edwards Ultragroove metal).

ryancassidy

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram1500, GLC63
Mainly for cosmetic purposes, but other than lights they also are used for hauling large items in back of truck without hitting back of the cab (kayaks, lumber, etc.)

I think it looks amazing and wish I could add it to my truck, but can't as I'll have a tonneau cover on the truck (either Retrax Pro XR, or Pace Edwards Ultragroove metal).

LOL I think we are talking about 2 different things :)

MAXGroup

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
Maserati Levante GTS, Jeep GC Trailhawk, Tesla 3 Long Range
Military
Israeli Air Force
Does anyone know how much the black front skid plate from the rebel costs? Also how difficult to install? Thanks in advance
You'll need to remove it anyway, might as well give it a light sanding and spray some bed liner on it with the color of your choice....

Nowwhat

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
F250, Urus, KTM

there are 2 part numbers for the skid plate.... This one is more expensive ... so perhaps it is the black one.... hopefully your part guy will know... but there is the price....

OP
F8Demon

F8Demon

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride

there are 2 part numbers for the skid plate.... This one is more expensive ... so perhaps it is the black one.... hopefully your part guy will know... but there is the price....
Thank you! Honestly I expected more. I'm thinking it might be worth it as it will be an exact match, wear the same etc. than coating it with something.

Nowwhat

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
F250, Urus, KTM
Thank you! Honestly I expected more. I'm thinking it might be worth it as it will be an exact match, wear the same etc. than coating it with something.

Agreed.... the picture also shows how many fasteners are involved.......Going to do plate same time as lighting....

STRADALE

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX - Ferrari F430 - PORSCHE 997 turbo -
Current Ride #2
Harley CVO Street Glide - Harley CVO Electra Glide - Harley Nostalgia - Kawasaki Ninja H2
520B7457-666C-49A3-BF5B-CEBAB5F3149A.jpeg
161CCEFD-9881-42A8-BEAF-CC513B74B10D.jpeg
D8FABC8E-102D-4ED1-BD30-8950628FDD93.jpeg

Last edited:

thewrx

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX, SS(Holden), S13(vert), Sierra (boosted)
so do we have an actual rebel part number for a black skid plate that will fit the TRX?

HiElevation

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2017 Tundra Platinum

I got an ultragroove metal. Seems to be great. Will be even cooler when I install...if I only had a truck 🤔

I liked the PE one, because you can just lock the tailgate vs the tailgate and separate key for the cover.

tkdr6

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2013 Ram 3500 Laramie

Just a quick follow up from this thread. Surprisingly I was able to buy the Rambar accessory from my local dealer and then install it myself. Then I was also able to successfully install the retrax Pro XR tonneau cover with the Rambar and it fits perfectly!

Here is a link to the thread with some pictures:

OP
F8Demon

F8Demon

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Yes, @Nowwhat posted something for that September 24th. Go back through the orders posts in this thread.
Yes, and he posted the number for the stock grey one. Dont fall for it like I did. Read through this thread:

Last edited:
OP
F8Demon

F8Demon

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride

View attachment 5329
This was my black plate

Dgreen

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
87 Yugo
So who’s got the lowest price on these online? Going to get mine ordered up.

We need a DIY write up!

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton