Front air curtain and winter slop

FaZt1

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Anyone else in the northern climate concerned at all about winter's road salt/slop/debris accumulating inside the front fenders' air curtain space? Or is it just me? :LOL:

Anyone else in the northern climate concerned at all about winter's road salt/slop/debris accumulating inside the front fenders' air curtain space? Or is it just me? :LOL:
Yea I've been trying to figure out what they were trying to accomplish with the air curtain going all the way past the wheel....Every other car I have seen with an air curtain like the 2015 and newer F150 they are using the air curtain to go into the wheel well to try and reduce the rotational drag of the wheel and "smooth out" the air that is flowing around the sides just past the wheel...

And like I'm sure you have I have been driving in the midwest winters for decades and am used to seeing several inches thick of gross brown slush piled up on the front of my cars that gets thrown up by cars in front of you while driving and am sure it is going to get packed into the air curtain vents....Plus side we might be able to give some insight into what they actually do if we are driving around with them blocked up for a few months out of the year and notice a difference, but somehow I doubt I will be able to tell anything is different I'll just have to drag the pressure washer out when it gets above freezing and clean them out

Good thing is they are not sheet metal so it should be more of an annoyance then a rust or rot problem, I’m hoping anyway

Good thing is they are not sheet metal so it should be more of an annoyance then a rust or rot problem, I’m hoping anyway
yea if you are like me a few times each winter on your daily driver you hose everything off and fog every bit of metal (except the brake rotors obviously) with WD40 to keep that salt at bay

Yes I’m a little anal with my daily driver , I travel upstate NY many times a year and they use pure salt on the roads it will rot frames and sheet metal within 2 years or so if you don’t stay on top of it , fogging works great

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back