First TRX with a rear swaybar!!! Handles amazing!!!

Only after it was finished

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210904-111149_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210904-111149_Gallery.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20210904-111138_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210904-111138_Gallery.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 109
I ordered the sway bar kit from Hellwig in early August. They told me it would ship on September 1. Still nothing. I contacted them a couple weeks ago and they said they weren’t getting them very fast and they had no idea when I would get mine. Does anyone else make a sway bar for the TRX?

I ordered the sway bar kit from Hellwig in early August. They told me it would ship on September 1. Still nothing. I contacted them a couple weeks ago and they said they weren’t getting them very fast and they had no idea when I would get mine. Does anyone else make a sway bar for the TRX?
I came across another brand a while back. "Road-something" I think it was, but it was a 1-1/8 diameter and may be a bit much.
You can just Google the Hellwig part number and see what's out there. Not everybody has them in stock, though.

How hard is this to install? You have dealer/aftermarket place do it or did you guys install by yourselves?

not hard at all - can be easily installed in the driveway.

Alright, I have the swaybar installed and definitely appreciate the improved handling. But, I still have a one inch lean (lower on the drivers side) after the sway bar install. Is there something I might have done during the sway bar installation that is causing the lean to persist? I’m asking because several have mentioned that installing the swaybar has eliminated or improved the “lean”.

How hard is this to install? You have dealer/aftermarket place do it or did you guys install by yourselves?
One hiccup you might run into ... l read somewhere that for the last several months of builds ... the rear differential assy's were coming without the drilled and trapped holes ... you may have to drill the holes to install making it a little more of an install job ...

Thankfully it's one of the welded on brackets on the axle housing that may need to be drilled, not the differential.

Got mine on this weekend. Took about an hour. Half time was pressing in all the bushings and just getting it ready. Rest of time was bolting it on and dialing it in. Mine was an August of 21 build and it had the threaded holes already. Probably add in another 30-45 min if you have to drill holes and put in nutserts.
It does improve the street ride and it helps to alleviate the driver side lean. I used the middle setting for now. Unless you are rock crawling this will be fine off-road in most cases. Maybe lose 3 or 4 inches of rear travel. Softest setting maybe only 1 or 2 inches but it definitely wouldn’t have the same effect on the road. I’m ok with that. I have a built up JK Rubicon when real flex is needed.

Thought that maybe I should post this, now that it finally got installed.

Well, you've already seen photos of the parts and pieces involved, and the reason for using them is to eliminate as much friction as possible. Aside from that some supplied parts are just wrong for the application.

By sanding off the textured paint, the bar moves much more freely in its bushings, and allows the suspension to work as intended.

DSCN4107[1].JPG

DSCN4110[1].JPG

Much more meaningful shaft collars keeps the bar where it belongs, but they are ground down to clear the pads, especially for the left side.
DSCN4111[1].JPG

With the rod ends sleeved down to the correct respective sizes (10 mm and 1/2") there's no slop or bind.
DSCN4112[1].JPG

The first bar I installed didn't have this severe misalignment at the bolt holes. But it sure makes me feel better about not putting sleeved rubber bushings in an application like this.
And it sure doesn't hurt to have 1/2" bolts in the 1/2" holes the bar comes with.
DSCN4114[1].JPG

And the finished product. Is it ideal? No, but it should function quite a bit better than if using the supplied parts. Even after changing out the sleeves to the correct length.

Ordered the sleeves and right size bolts.as soon as the bits come in, I will install the bar. Not so sure that spherical rod ends will survive long in NE winters, so I will stick with the stock bushings on the drop links.

How long the rod ends will survive remains to be seen. At least we only have salt here, not that evil magnesium chloride that Colorado uses. Of course, I go there frequently.

If the cheap ones don't last, they could be replaced as needed with new cheap ones, or with higher quality ones. That would only take a couple of minutes.

Either way, I don't want any unnecessary friction or bind to interfere with the suspension movement. Especially when on icy roads.

I received my Hellwig sway bar last week from JustBoltOns. I have not opened the box yet. (TRX isn't here yet).

I know there were some versions/kits that didn't have everything needed.

If I received it on 10-13-2021.... will the box have everything I need?

I received my Hellwig sway bar last week from JustBoltOns. I have not opened the box yet. (TRX isn't here yet).

I know there were some versions/kits that didn't have everything needed.

If I received it on 10-13-2021.... will the box have everything I need?
All new kits should be complete per Hellwig minus the two longer bolts that customers are sourcing since Hellwig doesn’t offer them yet.

What two longer bolts are those?
You have read this thread, right? They have been mentioned quite a few times.

I don't remember the length of those bolts for using the Hellwig links, but they're 10x1.5. x XX
You can measure the width of the links, with bushings, and add about 3/4".

I think they're supposed to be 55 or 60 mm long, but don't take my word for it.

Back