Crazyotter

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
M3
Military
USMC
Biggest vehicle I’ve owned is a Jeep GC.
No stranger to high power engines tho (2018 ZL1)
Have a few noob questions....
Will a TRX fit in a normal car wash?
Do you have to weigh down the rear when it snows?
How long will it take to get used to driving/parking a big truck?

It will fit some car washes and some it will not, you have to ask them before going in, my assumption is that if they can fit a Raptor the TRX will fit too. Please get it ceramic coated before going through car washes otherwise they will rek the paint.

You do not weigh down the rear when it snows. Just drive carefully as you would with any other vehicle.

You get used to it pretty quick, all the cameras and sensors help. for the most part you'll run over a few curbs with the rear tire because you're not used making wider turns around sharp corners. Just be mindful that the truck will not clear most city parking lots so most of the time you'll have to park on the street.

It will fit some car washes and some it will not, you have to ask them before going in, my assumption is that if they can fit a Raptor the TRX will fit too. Please get it ceramic coated before going through car washes otherwise they will rek the paint.

You do not weigh down the rear when it snows. Just drive carefully as you would with any other vehicle.

You get used to it pretty quick, all the cameras and sensors help. for the most part you'll run over a few curbs with the rear tire because you're not used making wider turns around sharp corners. Just be mindful that the truck will not clear most city parking lots so most of the time you'll have to park on the street.
Thanks buddy!
No way in hell I’m taking her to the airport lol
One more question, do you think it’s high enough to get under there to do my own oil changes?

I actually edited out my airport comment because most airports do have outside parking. It just happened to me once that all the outside lots were full and the raptor would fit in the covered lot. Had to take it back home and change flights. :sneaky:

I have changed my own oil on a vehicle exactly as many times as I have said no to bourbon,, so hopefully someone else has the answer for you on that one.

I actually edited out my airport comment because most airports do have outside parking. It just happened to me once that all the outside lots were full and the raptor would fit in the covered lot. Had to take it back home and change flights. :sneaky:

I have changed my own oil on a vehicle exactly as many times as I have said no to bourbon,, so hopefully someone else has the answer for you on that one.
Lol
There’s never a good reason to say no to bourbon

Regarding the car wash, I plan to never take mine through one.

My H2 with 37x12.50 tires fits in the car wash.
Same with my Ram 2500 with 40x13.50 tires.
I will say the drive thru washes do a poor job an the front and back.
Also need to remove the antenna before going in.

I would ceramic coat and self-wash personally. You can also ceramic coat and then do touchless car washes which is probably the best way to go. Its just pressurized water at that point which is honestly all you need for a ceramic coated car/truck. I second the comment that you will have to ask each car wash if you will fit or not first. Some car washes might not be able to take a 12.5 inch wide tire in the track. I've read some nightmare stories about people that tried with Raptors. The raptors owners manual says not to take it through car washes. Be curious to see if the TRX manual says something similar.

You will have no problem getting under there and doing your own Oil change. I have done an oil change on my trucks for years including my first one on the Raptor. The TRX is a little higher. Tho I probably won't be doing my own oil changes on it. I've come to realize you don't save much doing your own oil change any more. But yeah plenty of room to do it on a back roller.

I would ceramic coat and self-wash personally. You can also ceramic coat and then do touchless car washes which is probably the best way to go. Its just pressurized water at that point which is honestly all you need for a ceramic coated car/truck. I second the comment that you will have to ask each car wash if you will fit or not first. Some car washes might not be able to take a 12.5 inch wide tire in the track. I've read some nightmare stories about people that tried with Raptors. The raptors owners manual says not to take it through car washes. Be curious to see if the TRX manual says something similar.

You will have no problem getting under there and doing your own Oil change. I have done an oil change on my trucks for years including my first one on the Raptor. The TRX is a little higher. Tho I probably won't be doing my own oil changes on it. I've come to realize you don't save much doing your own oil change any more. But yeah plenty of room to do it on a back roller.
Agreed, I just got a quote today to get her ceramic coated.
$700 bucks for a two year warranty coating.

Thanks buddy!
No way in hell I’m taking her to the airport lol
One more question, do you think it’s high enough to get under there to do my own oil changes?
Get a low creeper and you should be able to get in there and change the oil.

As for a car wash, I think it depends on what kind you have in your area. I use them all the time but never ever use one with brushes. Thank goodness they are rare around here. The newer ones have a bar that travels the entire way (360 deg) around the truck. No need to touch your antenna but I do fold in the tow mirrors. A laser sets the length and width.

As for a car wash, I think it depends on what kind you have in your area. I use them all the time but never ever use one with brushes. Thank goodness they are rare around here. The newer ones have a bar that travels the entire way (360 deg) around the truck. No need to touch your antenna but I do fold in the tow mirrors. A laser sets the length and width.
I have some nicer/high end ones around me, but even the good ones miss my rear bumper most of the time.
Hopefully the TRX will motivate me to hand wash most of the time

Ceramic coat and take it to whatever was you like. If the coating is good quality, you will get no scratches. No weight required for the rear, the 4x4 system will be sufficient enough. Depending on where you are located, you may want snowflake rated tires. My lifted truck is lifted and fits in all washes, there's no reason a stock ride height truck should not fit.

my first truck too.....go big or go home right? lol

Ceramic coat and take it to whatever was you like. If the coating is good quality, you will get no scratches. No weight required for the rear, the 4x4 system will be sufficient enough. Depending on where you are located, you may want snowflake rated tires. My lifted truck is lifted and fits in all washes, there's no reason a stock ride height truck should not fit.
Appreciate the feedback!
I would hope the stock tires can handle PA snowstorms

Agreed, I just got a quote today to get her ceramic coated.
$700 bucks for a two year warranty coating.
I paid 1200 for the 5 year Ceramic Pro package on my C8. I think the TRX will be around 1200-1300 for the 5 year package for me. I like the 5 year cause it has the 9H as a base coat. 700 is a great price for sure.

I paid 1200 for the 5 year Ceramic Pro package on my C8. I think the TRX will be around 1200-1300 for the 5 year package for me. I like the 5 year cause it has the 9H as a base coat. 700 is a great price for sure.
1300 is exactly what he said for the 5 year.
Is the shine really that much better with the coating?

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back