First thoughts on the TRX?

Nitro

Administrator
🛠️ Staff member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'23 TRX
What are your first thoughts on the TRX?

ram-trx-silver1.png

ram-trx-silver2.png

It a sharp truck. I like the red and I saw a blue-ish cement gray Color that looked fantastic.

The builder is being overloaded now.. but its pretty much what I expected. No Rambox's, all the interior stuff we've come to like, monster motor, better suspension and good overall looks.

not a fan of the two tone look unless you choose the all black option! otherwise it looks pretty good and suspected it was going to be $90k+

I wish they had some custom colors.... or even some of the colors from their 1500 series line. I like the blue/reds of those better IMO.

Only 6 colors is disappointing. I wish that skid plate was black

Launch edition is stunning...
Sent build to dealer.... 93.5k... before mods.... life....

Love the truck except I wish it had Kings or even Fox shocks like the Raptor. Bilstein's are cool and all just don't have the offroad prowess that King does. King was asked to source the shocks and, from what I am told, couldn't provide the volume needed at the quality they stand for.

Also, price is a little steep in comparison to a Raptor regardless of motor.

Really like most of the launch package (especially the anvil color), but I was out when I saw it included the emergency braking and adaptive cruise, etc. Otherwise, I have to say it's the first vehicle that I actually wouldn't feel the need to immediate upgrade anything at all. Of course, price is a bit steeper than I hoped for, but with any luck there will be some incentives out by the time they're being delivered.

Launch edition....
Innov8t wheels.
37's
Wrap the lower body color and arches to match hood graphics.
Skid plate powder coated black
Need a proper Baja Designs or Rigid light solution
Corsa

I’m a simple guy so I just want the motor and suspension..

I’m a simple guy so I just want the motor and suspension..
I agree PorBoy. That’s also why I have a Scatpack, it works great for me. I’m not hitting the drag strip or anything. But the hellcat in a pickup with long travel suspension is very appealing for CO and UT backroads. But anyway, on a vehicle I always prefer cloth seats over leather and fewer bells overall. On the TRX I’m a bit disappointed that the base model only comes in black. For off road use I’d want a lighter color, likely the blue or white but that also means getting one of the packages. I’ll end up pulling the trigger eventually on a TRX, but being first in line doesn’t interest me. I do enjoy reading about others who do it though.

Launch edition....
Innov8t wheels.
37's
Wrap the lower body color and arches to match hood graphics.
Skid plate powder coated black
Need a proper Baja Designs or Rigid light solution
Corsa

You gonna bump up to 20's? If the brakes are anything like the current 1500 17's won't work :(

You gonna bump up to 20's? If the brakes are anything like the current 1500 17's won't work :(
Yup..reached out to them and they are working on their 18 inch wheel program

Do you know of any 18 inch wheel makers on that quality level?

Trail ready will do custom 18 i believe?

Need to push the tires out about 1.25 inches as well....

This is going to be fun

Yup..reached out to them and they are working on their 18 inch wheel program

Do you know of any 18 inch wheel makers on that quality level?

Trail ready will do custom 18 i believe?

Need to push the tires out about 1.25 inches as well....

This is going to be fun

Can't really beat innov8 in terms of quality. US sourced aluminum, US cut. Quality offroad 18" wheels will be a new segment for a lot of companies. It's always been 17" or nothing.

As soon as the OEM wheel specs (width & offset) are determined it's an easy math problem.

No doubt. The truck looks sick! As soon as King, Fox and Icon get their hands on it and start offering some 3.0's it'll be the icing on the cake.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back