First service 1000 mile findings

Yes I as well like my tunes loud and like some good bass to go with it all as well and I'm a bit sad šŸ˜„to hear this about the sound system šŸ˜” also it was like a 1500 upgrade and I could have just as easily taken that money and gone to the sound shop and boosted every thing
True, but it's definitely good for now. I'm listening to the supercharger most of the time anyway!

Haha! I hear you. I like my music loud and I usually provide the tunes at bonfires and rural backyard shenanigans with friends....I wish the system went a little louder. A couple subs with a good amp will help though.
Iā€™m lucky! One of the best sound guys in the country is next to my shop. 10 world championship rings and trophies. I plan to have him ā€œtuneā€ my system.

View attachment 6988View attachment 6989View attachment 6990View attachment 6991View attachment 6992Hello all! I did the first oil change this evening at 1010 miles. I'll give everyone the executive summary of what I found. I followedwhat the TRX supplement said and was able to remove the dune guard without much fuss.....it is big, not too heavy. I checked the oil before I drained it and it was full. So....drained the main pan, and oil cooler.....the cooler took a good ten minutes to completely drain. The oil didn't look too bad, I included a pic ofbthst too that I passed a wrench through. The truck was warm as I just got home from work. Filter was on normally, not torqued on with a 3/4" breaker bar like some of the first changes I have done. I checked the diffs and the transfer. The ftont diff was very.low. I added close to a pint....it was over a 1/2" below the fill. The rear diff wasn't to bad, only about 1/3" or so below the fill. I included a pic of whst was left in.the quart of Mobil 1 that was left. The transfer was also about 1/3" below the fill too. I didn't have any transfer fluid so will top it off tomorrow. It's easy to access, the dune guard doesn't have to come off....it does for the front diff though. I checked all the trouble spots and didn't see anything other than a wiring harness connection that was very loose. The plastic grommet wouldn't hold it tight against the bracket so I zip tied it. Other than, everything looked good. Took me an hour or so to do everything, including 20 minutes of rolling around under the truck with a headlamp checking shit out. The front diff being pretty low was the only real issue that I found. Also, an update on the bad front driver speaker.....I figured I would look into it myself instead of spending 2-3 hours at the dealer. I bought a nice pair of JL 3.5's and decided to install one and see if it was definitely the speaker and not a channel on the amp. If it was tje amp, no big deal, because I need a set of speakers for the cab of my Kubota Grand L tractor. Well, it was the speaker so I soldered on 16 guage solid wire and press fitted the ends into the factory connection. Good as new....better, actually. The system sounds great! Now it just needs a stealthbox to be killer! Anyway, hope this shines a little light for those who are curious and for those waiting to get their trucks! Have a great weekend all.....time to suck down a little bourbon! Cheers!

What did you use for the differential fluid, I'm probably going to get mine on a lift and check everything myself

Iā€™m lucky! One of the best sound guys in the country is next to my shop. 10 world championship rings and trophies. I plan to have him ā€œtuneā€ my system.
Yeah that's lucky, what state do you live, maybe that could be a side hustle and do mine also?

What did you use for the differential fluid, I'm probably going to get mine on a lift and check everything myself
I use Mobil 1 75W90 full synthetic. I've used it on all y vehicles for years. Gets very good reviews. My C7 vette came factory filled with Mobil 1 motor oil so I'm sure their gear oil is top notch too! I.am goimg to use Mopars transfer case fluid though. I know the new transfer case has specific requirements and I have not found anything aftermarket thst references that specific gearbox so figured I'll just use their stuff. It's stupid expensive, but so was the truck.....

Iā€™ve seen people do it on exotics. Never done it myself
ive done it to my e92 m3 cuz you can tell when your rod bearings are gonna go and to change them!

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back