First issue with TRX at 15k miles

Do not leave your truck in that dealership they might do something on it to make you go back for service or they will get parts for other TRX and you will eventually notice as a normal wear and tear and ended up needing their service again, they will make sure also that they inflict the damage behind aftermarket parts so you have to pay out of pocket.

Exactly what I did! I got the TRX from Koons RAM in Tysons, VA. It was a preorder where I waited 8 months. But I got this truck at dealer cost which was the promotion at the time.

So I wait 8 months and get a $103K TRX build for $88k OR stay in NJ and pay $130k at a dealer that was scalping everyone? I chose the former! Now, I get treated like a pile of scrapped pork for doing what any normal person would've done. "Damned if you do, damned if you don't"

Yeah, find a dealer who wants a good service relationship in NJ. I bought mine recently up at Granger for $15k off sticker (after being price protected) and am working to establish a relationship with a dealer here in DFW for service. First experience went good. I'll bring the guy a gift card next time I'm over there. Little things go a long way sometimes.

I appreciate you sharing your story. This is A+ customer service from that dealership. This is how you maintain good customer relations. I'm so turned off by this dealer that I'm literally considering finding another RAM shop that will value me as a customer. This is the type of service I'm looking for from any dealer. I appreciate the positive vibes! Definitely remaining calm here as I know that I'll find a good shop to work with.
Attached is a list of what they call dodge and ram power brokers. There are only a handful of them throughout the country, and they have been chosen to do any of the horsepower modifications in that kind of thing and still maintain a low power warranty. See if there’s one close to your house and start going to them, it makes all the difference in the world. The dealership that I previously talked about is a power broker as well, and it shows!

There are five in New Jersey, hopefully one is near you….l just an FYI I drive over an hour to get to my dodge power broker, it’s worth it!

By your logic, there should be no warranty provided because it should be perfect. I had a Mercedes require a complete trans rebuild at 30,000 miles, and I had a Porsche 911 that the water pump took a shit at 35,000 miles. German doesn’t equal flawless.

But your dealership experience…that’s for sure something to complain about. Take the truck home, pull the bumper off yourself. And find another service department.
The stock bumper takes 15 minutes to pull and I bet an ADD is even quicker

Off topic warning:

Honestly, the most shocking part of the post to me is you had a German car that never had any issues. Any of the ones I've dealt with are basically mechanically totaled after 100k miles. I'm still a glutton for punishment on the Porsche and AMG cars, but I abhor/loathe/spit on anything with a BMW badge.

Of course. Uber was already in my mind but I’m just looking at this from a customer service perspective.

1. I’m a loyal RAM customer
2. I buy a $103k vehicle
3. I buy the top tier extended warranty
4. I’ve gotten all services done from day one at this dealership
5. I’m treated with the lowest quality of care

Doesn’t make sense to me. Audi NEVER treated me like this. They’d give me a loaner for an oil change. I hate to even bring Audi into this conversation, even to compare this situation to another manufacturer isn’t even in my character. But I’m just keeping real.
Sounds quite similar to my experience with dealership here in Houston, where I bought Durango Hellcat from. For a vehicle that I paid over 100k for, I was treated worse than how I was treated at another dealership where I bought my first car years ago.
I did open a complaint with Dodge and SRT and after various calls, not much done. Not even a sorry from the dealership even though they gave me runaround for warranty work for months.

ADD bumper has two lower skid plate bolts, six bumper nuts and one electrical connector. If you have driving lights then one more connector. Hopefully, your ADD installer, added a connector for the driving lights next to the OEM connector.

A few weeks back I was driving to the store, got out of the truck, and smelled something that was potently sweet. I disregarded it as something mechanically still breaking-in with the truck. Fast forward to today, I drop my TRX off at my RAM dealer to get an oil change and address the recent recall that popped up on my screen. As I came out of the vestibule talking to my service sales leader the entire pull-up garage was filled with a sweet smell. I asked him, “You smell that?” Of course he did!

One of the mechanics came out to look under the truck and without surprise we find a lot red coolant dripping out of the radiator. All over the skid plate too. The point of leakage looked to at the bottom of the radiator. I never got any sensor warnings because the coolant was right at the threshold of where the sensor would’ve signaled. However, there was still a good quart lost.

I do have the ADD Bomber bumper on the truck. The mechanics first response is, “I’m hoping the bumper has nothing to do with the issue.” Now, this is the same mechanic I had last time in regards to this bumper blocking the Super Charger drain plug. Super cool dude. I really like and trust him. Actually, I like everyone at this RAM dealership. After further inspection, he agrees that the bumper had no interference and will have to change whatever is damaged under warranty. And because the TRX is so specialized they will not have the parts in stock and will have to keep the truck.

Blows my mind how expensive the TRX is and have issues at only 15k miles. The mechanic speculated that it could be a bad weld on the radiator. But that points to quality control. For the price of these TRX’s they should be perfect, go under extensive QC processes at every stage of the build, and all parts triple checked before install. I’m glad I have the extended warranty because who knows what else will pop-up in the future. Never have I had a brand new vehicle present problems to me after only 15k miles. I’ve had German and Japanese vehicles that ran until the wheels fell off without presenting any issues. And interestingly, I don’t beat the balls off my truck!
I guess you never had a Ford...

I understand your pain. I have had horrible experiences with both Ford and Ram dealerships unfortunately 100k plus ram truck or 100k plus shelby gt500 you still gotta service them at ford ram dealers and depending where you are you will get shitty service. Luxury brands will give you better service with a vehicle thats probably cheaper than the trx. My friend has a BMW any warranty work other than oil changes a loaner vehicle is driven to him since the closest dealer is about 80 miles away and they drive his car to get the repairs done. You will not get that kind of service from a ram/ford/chevy dealer.

A few weeks back I was driving to the store, got out of the truck, and smelled something that was potently sweet. I disregarded it as something mechanically still breaking-in with the truck. Fast forward to today, I drop my TRX off at my RAM dealer to get an oil change and address the recent recall that popped up on my screen. As I came out of the vestibule talking to my service sales leader the entire pull-up garage was filled with a sweet smell. I asked him, “You smell that?” Of course he did!

One of the mechanics came out to look under the truck and without surprise we find a lot red coolant dripping out of the radiator. All over the skid plate too. The point of leakage looked to at the bottom of the radiator. I never got any sensor warnings because the coolant was right at the threshold of where the sensor would’ve signaled. However, there was still a good quart lost.

I do have the ADD Bomber bumper on the truck. The mechanics first response is, “I’m hoping the bumper has nothing to do with the issue.” Now, this is the same mechanic I had last time in regards to this bumper blocking the Super Charger drain plug. Super cool dude. I really like and trust him. Actually, I like everyone at this RAM dealership. After further inspection, he agrees that the bumper had no interference and will have to change whatever is damaged under warranty. And because the TRX is so specialized they will not have the parts in stock and will have to keep the truck.

Blows my mind how expensive the TRX is and have issues at only 15k miles. The mechanic speculated that it could be a bad weld on the radiator. But that points to quality control. For the price of these TRX’s they should be perfect, go under extensive QC processes at every stage of the build, and all parts triple checked before install. I’m glad I have the extended warranty because who knows what else will pop-up in the future. Never have I had a brand new vehicle present problems to me after only 15k miles. I’ve had German and Japanese vehicles that ran until the wheels fell off without presenting any issues. And interestingly, I don’t beat the balls off my truck!
Had a BMW 740iL ($75K back in 2005) that needed a transmission at 30K miles, needed both window regulators at 32K miles and needed the sunroof replaced at 35K miles.

Parts will always fail.

People really need to lay off the "For the price of this truck!!"

Most of us here paid 80-90k for this "$100k" truck

Have you priced a loaded Chevy or Ford lately?

In most cases, they are just a few bucks less...For a truck that's no where near as good looking, and has half the HP or worse.

I know it sucks.... But this is the new normal....
Too many are equating numbers close to $100k... with late 80's-early 90's Exotics pricing.

People really need to lay off the "For the price of this truck!!"

Most of us here paid 80-90k for this "$100k" truck

Have you priced a loaded Chevy or Ford lately?

In most cases, they are just a few bucks less...For a truck that's no where near as good looking, and has half the HP or worse.

I know it sucks.... But this is the new normal....
Too many are equating numbers close to $100k... with late 80's-early 90's Exotics pricing.

Sadly, this is true. A $90-100k truck just isn't that special nowadays, especially to grease monkeys and mouth breathing service advisors at sh*thole Chrysler dealerships. <---please note, I am not saying it's that way at all CDJR dealers, but you generally aren't getting top of the line service advisors and mechanics at many CDJR joints.

ADD bumper has two lower skid plate bolts, six bumper nuts and one electrical connector. If you have driving lights then one more connector. Hopefully, your ADD installer, added a connector for the driving lights next to the OEM connector.
Not the bomber bumper. Trust me. This has already been discussed thoroughly in a thread I posted 3 months back. It’s a shame that the skid plate doesn’t detach from the bomber bumper.

Westbury Jeep doesn't give loaners if u didn't buy from them. I went and bought out of state (NJ) since my monthly payment was almost $180 cheaper for the exact same car Westbury wanted to sell me lol. It's the whole CJDR group that does this bs and it's their way of making you buy their overpriced cars
I could have bought a whole spare car for what I saved buying from a forum dealer as compared to buying at my local dealer and their stupid ADM.

Off topic warning:

Honestly, the most shocking part of the post to me is you had a German car that never had any issues. Any of the ones I've dealt with are basically mechanically totaled after 100k miles. I'm still a glutton for punishment on the Porsche and AMG cars, but I abhor/loathe/spit on anything with a BMW badge.
Never made it past the 100k marker in a German vehicle. Glad to know this! And even more glad I never got my mileage to that number!

I couldn’t agree more with you! The add bumper comes off in less than 10 minutes. I installed the bumper myself. The only downfall is that I need another person to help me take it off since it’s all one piece. $480 for a total of 10 minutes if work is quite some bullshit.

I asked if I can take it off myself in the parking lot and then drive it in lol

Attached is a list of what they call dodge and ram power brokers. There are only a handful of them throughout the country, and they have been chosen to do any of the horsepower modifications in that kind of thing and still maintain a low power warranty. See if there’s one close to your house and start going to them, it makes all the difference in the world. The dealership that I previously talked about is a power broker as well, and it shows!

There are five in New Jersey, hopefully one is near you….l just an FYI I drive over an hour to get to my dodge power broker, it’s worth it!

Looks like there are only 2 on this list in Nj. Both which are very far from me. I appreciate the advice tho!

What makes these dealers different tho? Custom work?

Do not leave your truck in that dealership they might do something on it to make you go back for service or they will get parts for other TRX and you will eventually notice as a normal wear and tear and ended up needing their service again, they will make sure also that they inflict the damage behind aftermarket parts so you have to pay out of pocket.
Jeez! This type of stuff happens? Sounds extreme and criminal. I ended up driving it home. Still upset about the service but am glad I didn’t leave it there.

Had a BMW 740iL ($75K back in 2005) that needed a transmission at 30K miles, needed both window regulators at 32K miles and needed the sunroof replaced at 35K miles.

Parts will always fail.
Very true! I was writing this up while I was waiting at the dealer. My emotions overran logic at that point in time. I do realize these things will happen from time2time

Back