Hydrobluetrx

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 hydro blue trx
my trucks in as well for a leaky radiator and torn cv boot
rads 3-5 days out , cv is on backorder
they had me layout for a rental because they had no loaner's available ( at my selling dealer)
probably gonna ask to have the rad installed and just drive it with the torn boot till it comes in
don't want ram to give me the shaft on the rental hear they only cover $45 a day and ill be on the hook for the rest
frustrating

Cromin8tor

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2012 Raptor
Current Ride #2
Maserati Quattroporte
I appreciate you sharing your story. This is A+ customer service from that dealership. This is how you maintain good customer relations. I'm so turned off by this dealer that I'm literally considering finding another RAM shop that will value me as a customer. This is the type of service I'm looking for from any dealer. I appreciate the positive vibes! Definitely remaining calm here as I know that I'll find a good shop to work with.
Try one of these in your area they are supposed to be the cream of the crop. They also are certified to do horsepower and performance upgrades and guaranteed that is still within your warranty, that alone is worth, it’s weight in gold!

Hoping your below average dealership isnt one of them, feeling your pain brother!

Cromin8tor

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2012 Raptor
Current Ride #2
Maserati Quattroporte
This and the fact that I just dropped my wife's car of at the Audi dealership reminds me why I always purchase Audis and AMGs.

Her check engine light came on yesterday so this morning I run it to the dealership without an appointment. They immediately open the shop doors as I am driving up, asked what I need, says he will take it back and read the codes. He then said "follow me" and took me into the waiting room, showed me where to get coffee, water and snacks. He came back in 15 minutes later, said it was a bad leak module and they had it in stock. He said unfortunately it would take about 3 hours to fix it and I was welcome to wait, they could take me home or I could take a loaner. I let then drive me home.

Last time I went to the Ram dealership, it took >15 minutes for someone to even say that they would be with me in a few minutes which was another 10 minutes later.
There was a day that when my Maserati was having issues, which wasn’t rare I promise you, they would send a flatbed truck over to my house pick it up out of my driveway and take it to the repair shop. When it was done, they would put it back onto a flatbed and bring it back to my house and into my garage. No charge, I miss those days! And still have my Maserati 😂

AW608

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
18 Audi S7- 20 F550 Lariat - 2022 Ram 3500 Limited- 23 TRX (ordered)
I honestly can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or genuine. I’m trying to understand the comparison or analogy you’re making.

Is RAM = McDonslds and Audi = Chic Filet?

One sells chicken and the other one beef? One has Christian values the other doesn’t? One treats you better than the other?

Sorry I don’t eat fast food enough to understand this one.
Both serve food, don't give af about their political or religious views
Most low tier fast food places hire degenerates that have no service skills and questionable work ethic.
CF employees are all about service and I've never seen one not doing something productive.

You can take a car in for a recall that's not under warranty and you didn't buy from them (Audi) and they will treat you like you just bought a R8.

FoCoJayCo

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
My local Ram dealership provides a Lyft for both directions every time I take my TRX in, even for oil changes. I didn’t buy my vehicle there, and I didn’t buy an extended warranty. Customer service at these dealerships varies wildly. I’m grateful my local dealer has treated me pretty well.

Even with that, as others have said, my wife gets a new Lexus loaner of the same model she has every time she takes hers in for any type of service, including oil changes.

DIN0ZR

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Military
USMC
Interesting fact about Lexus, while we're talking. As I mentioned earlier, we took our Lexus to the dealer for service because they always issue a loaner (and usually a loaner within 1 model year of being new) for any service, even oil changes. So one day I went to this dealership to buy a Toyota they had on the lot. Price was fine. I wanted to negotiate that in the future I could bring this Toyota to them (the Lexus dealer) for service and get a loaner, just like we always had with the Lexus. They replied that they could not. Each loaner they issue is tied to the VIN of the vehicle they receive in for service. And they are audited by corporate on this periodically, and if one of the VINs isn't a Lexus VIN then there is some type of penalty or reimbursement they don't receive. Could have been BS. But my gut feel was that they weren't just making it up.

Ramman413

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 ram 2500 2019 ram 2500 and soon trx
A few weeks back I was driving to the store, got out of the truck, and smelled something that was potently sweet. I disregarded it as something mechanically still breaking-in with the truck. Fast forward to today, I drop my TRX off at my RAM dealer to get an oil change and address the recent recall that popped up on my screen. As I came out of the vestibule talking to my service sales leader the entire pull-up garage was filled with a sweet smell. I asked him, “You smell that?” Of course he did!

One of the mechanics came out to look under the truck and without surprise we find a lot red coolant dripping out of the radiator. All over the skid plate too. The point of leakage looked to at the bottom of the radiator. I never got any sensor warnings because the coolant was right at the threshold of where the sensor would’ve signaled. However, there was still a good quart lost.

I do have the ADD Bomber bumper on the truck. The mechanics first response is, “I’m hoping the bumper has nothing to do with the issue.” Now, this is the same mechanic I had last time in regards to this bumper blocking the Super Charger drain plug. Super cool dude. I really like and trust him. Actually, I like everyone at this RAM dealership. After further inspection, he agrees that the bumper had no interference and will have to change whatever is damaged under warranty. And because the TRX is so specialized they will not have the parts in stock and will have to keep the truck.

Blows my mind how expensive the TRX is and have issues at only 15k miles. The mechanic speculated that it could be a bad weld on the radiator. But that points to quality control. For the price of these TRX’s they should be perfect, go under extensive QC processes at every stage of the build, and all parts triple checked before install. I’m glad I have the extended warranty because who knows what else will pop-up in the future. Never have I had a brand new vehicle present problems to me after only 15k miles. I’ve had German and Japanese vehicles that ran until the wheels fell off without presenting any issues. And interestingly, I don’t beat the balls off my truck!
What extended warranty do you have

trxvet

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Audi RSQ8, Lexus GX
Interesting fact about Lexus, while we're talking. As I mentioned earlier, we took our Lexus to the dealer for service because they always issue a loaner (and usually a loaner within 1 model year of being new) for any service, even oil changes. So one day I went to this dealership to buy a Toyota they had on the lot. Price was fine. I wanted to negotiate that in the future I could bring this Toyota to them (the Lexus dealer) for service and get a loaner, just like we always had with the Lexus. They replied that they could not. Each loaner they issue is tied to the VIN of the vehicle they receive in for service. And they are audited by corporate on this periodically, and if one of the VINs isn't a Lexus VIN then there is some type of penalty or reimbursement they don't receive. Could have been BS. But my gut feel was that they weren't just making it up.
This is absolutely true. I did the same thing when I purchased a highlander for my kids. My wife owns a GX. The GM of the Lexus dealership is a close personal friend and said he can’t do it. Now he will come to my house, pick up the highlander and leave whatever vehicle he drove over with that has a dealer plate.

trxvet

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Audi RSQ8, Lexus GX
This is absolutely true. I did the same thing when I purchased a highlander for my kids. My wife owns a GX. The GM of the Lexus dealership is a close personal friend and said he can’t do it. Now he will come to my house, pick up the highlander and leave whatever vehicle he drove over with that has a dealer plate.

BeeFlan

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 Chevy Tahoe
My 22 has 15,000 miles and is waiting for a new radiator as well. From what I was told leak was at the top. Hope this does not turn out to be a bigger problem for more people.

SWC-TRX

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Rebel
Agreed. Maybe my emotions are a bit high at the moment too.

Now the real issues come in from a service perspective. Just got news.

1. They want to charge $480 to take the bumper off and put the bumper back on since it’s after-market.

My argument with this is that the stock bumper would have to be removed anyway to replace the radiator. I know the dealer is trying to make money but damn this is taking advantage since it is a warranty issue that isn’t caused by me being wreckless.

The service sales leader said that the stock bumper may have to be removed but the skid plate is the issue since it’s all one piece. This doesn’t make sense to me since the stock skid plate would have to be removed as well.

2. The parts won’t be delivered until March 17th. The radiator is $280 and the hose is $120. All less than the price they want to charge me for taking the bumper off and on.

3. They recommended me to keep the truck at the shop since I risk damaging the motor due to coolant leakage. I agree with this 100%!

4. I ask the dealer for a loaner until the 17th when I’ll be able to get my truck back. The answer was, “No. Since I didn’t purchase my truck at this dealer.”

Really? Wtf? I thought the purpose of an extended warranty was to cover this as well? And that since I bought the extended warranty I’d be treated with greater care? All lies to get me to buy the extended warranty?

5. “Great. I can’t get a loaner so can you at least give me a ride home?” The response I got was, “Nope. But we’re going to top off your coolant and you can drive home yourself and keep the truck at your house until the parts come in and then you can drive back when the parts arrive. We’ll top you off.”

Really?! Now I risk driving a busted truck home that may have greater repercussions if I lose all coolant and the engine fries?

Like what am I up against here?

Sorry for the extremely emotional thread here but this is shit service and responses. I’m literally so mad I’m just laughing.
Don't wast your time, reach out to the owner of the dealership and request a call back from the Regional Rep. Asap. If you don't receive a call within 24 hours requests his number. They will make sure you will get the parts you need and the service done correctly in somehow magically short time. It certainly does not look good for a dealership that a big wig has to step in. But you obviously bought an expensive truck regardless of where you purchased it or even what you purchased you deserve good service, after all they are still getting paid, and one happy customer will surely tell another. But one angry customer will tell a whole lot more. Good luck

OP
OP
Mjaestewart

Mjaestewart

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
RAM TRX Billet Silver
my trucks in as well for a leaky radiator and torn cv boot
rads 3-5 days out , cv is on backorder
they had me layout for a rental because they had no loaner's available ( at my selling dealer)
probably gonna ask to have the rad installed and just drive it with the torn boot till it comes in
don't want ram to give me the shaft on the rental hear they only cover $45 a day and ill be on the hook for the rest
frustrating
Sounds like you’re in the hands of a good dealer. Hope everything gets fixed quickly for you brotha.

OP
OP
Mjaestewart

Mjaestewart

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
RAM TRX Billet Silver
Don't wast your time, reach out to the owner of the dealership and request a call back from the Regional Rep. Asap. If you don't receive a call within 24 hours requests his number. They will make sure you will get the parts you need and the service done correctly in somehow magically short time. It certainly does not look good for a dealership that a big wig has to step in. But you obviously bought an expensive truck regardless of where you purchased it or even what you purchased you deserve good service, after all they are still getting paid, and one happy customer will surely tell another. But one angry customer will tell a whole lot more. Good luck
I’ll try to go down this route. Where there’s a will there’s a way!

OP
OP
Mjaestewart

Mjaestewart

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
RAM TRX Billet Silver
My 22 has 15,000 miles and is waiting for a new radiator as well. From what I was told leak was at the top. Hope this does not turn out to be a bigger problem for more people.
Sorry to hear man. I feel your pain! Hope it gets fixed soon!

OP
OP
Mjaestewart

Mjaestewart

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
RAM TRX Billet Silver
Try one of these in your area they are supposed to be the cream of the crop. They also are certified to do horsepower and performance upgrades and guaranteed that is still within your warranty, that alone is worth, it’s weight in gold!

Hoping your below average dealership isnt one of them, feeling your pain brother!

I appreciate this suggestion! I’ll look into one closest to me and give them a call.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM StopwatchUSA.com DanCumminsCDJR.com OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com airRyd auto shipping